Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKIA Frequent Visitor Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2007, 5:37 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Two years, during which you need to visit HK Airport 6 times to be eligible for renewal.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 6:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
I will be using mine for the first time in a few weeks and looking forward to skipping the queues. It is no APEC BTC card but a good substitute for now
Old Aug 9, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards, SPG
took me about 5-6 weeks to get mine. it's VERY convenient. no waiting in those LONG lines anymore!!!

i just wish we could use this at the train station too.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
...i just wish we could use this at the train station too.
The only problem is that if everyone who goes across the border several times per year gets a card, the queues at the special counter might grow longer than at the regular ones.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I have used my card once and found it fantastic, no queue at all. That time I was alone.

I will be travelling early May with my girlfriend and wondering what my chances of her skipping the queue with me (she doesnt have a card).

Has anyone tried it with a cardless partner?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:29 am
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
depends on who's manning the lane, but so far I have seen my companion (wife) refused to use the lane only once. Definitely YMMV
Old Jul 3, 2010, 6:25 am

Not yet recive my new card

Hi sir,

I have Hkia frequnt visitor card.But I dont Recive New card.

My card No-XXXXXXX Valiid thru Mar10.

Plz send new card, Thanks.

K.Ashokkumar

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Jul 29, 2010 at 9:44 am Reason: personal info posted.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
You are best contacting HKIA , http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/p...-renewals.html

[email protected]
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3Gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally Posted by HKtraveller
Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
...i just wish we could use this at the train station too.
The only problem is that if everyone who goes across the border several times per year gets a card, the queues at the special counter might grow longer than at the regular ones.
Probabaly not a problem anymore as we have echannel for HKIA card holder that you can sign-up your passport with.

Welcome to join local Hong Konger that normally spend 20 minutes simply waiting for their luggage as the echannel or manned immigration always have no queue. And for HK-er, a kind remind is that manned channel are faster than echannel when no queue!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1.78MM, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Just arrived at Chek Lap Kok about 3 hours ago. Went through the Frequent Visitor e-channel but this time my proof-of-entry was not printed on adhesive paper.

My question is:
Did the Immigration Dept merely run out of adhesive paper and I still have to staple the proof-of-entry to my passport? Or is it no longer required to attach the proof-of-entry to my passport (since Immigration will have my entry details on computer anyway)?

Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1.78MM, AAdvantage, Skymiles
I just went through CLK again earlier this week, both coming and going, as I took a short trip to BKK.

I stopped at the Frequent Visitor e-channel Enrolment Office and asked about the arrival printout. The response was, no, the Landing Slip no longer needs to be affixed to the passport. However, I was advised to keep it readily available in the event I needed to show proof of when I entered HK.

I then proceeded to ask whether I need to retain the Landing Slip after departing HK. The response to that was, it's up to me. Hong Kong Immigration does not impose a requirement to keep the Landing Slip after departing HK; however, I was told some people may wish to keep the Landing Slip to have a record of their travel.

Now, on a different matter, but still concerning the Frequent Visitor program, as of this writing, there is no Frequent Visitor e-channel lane in Terminal 2. I flew to BKK on TG, and since their check-in is in Terminal 2, I naturally proceeded to Immigration in Terminal 2, where instead of being able to use the e-channel, I had to use the regular Visitor lane, where the Immigration officer asked to see my Landing Slip, plus he asked me to fill out a Departure Card.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:07 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Does anyone knows what is the operating hours of the enrolment office? I have a friend who has a late night into HK Airport at around midnight and wondering if the e-channel enrolment office is still open for processing of enrolment? Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hclee01
Does anyone knows what is the operating hours of the enrolment office? I have a friend who has a late night into HK Airport at around midnight and wondering if the e-channel enrolment office is still open for processing of enrolment? Thanks!
Originally Posted by jbfield
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:17 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went to the enrollment office yesterday and the whole process took about 5 minutes from start to finish. Very efficient, especially compared to IRIS enrollment in the UK!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond Plus, HHonor Diamond, SPG, CX
does transit count as one entry?

have been to HKIA twice in the past half year, and will have a transit flight in HKIA in November, will the transit count as entry?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.