Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at Los Angeles Airport LAX, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by spearsba
I stayed recently at the LAX Hilton for an late morning departure to NRT. It was a Tuesday night and I could not believe how crowded the hotel was. The bar was packed. The shuttle the next morning was not issue, went early enough to hit the *A at lounge at the TBIT. Then walked to the UA terminal,
The Hilton LAX is often packed; frequently there are massive crowds checking in/out. Well worth using digital check-in and e-key.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I ended up staying at the Embassy Suites South over the weekend and it just wasnt my cup of tea.

The agents I dealt with in the morning were completely useless whenever asking them a question etc. The agents in the afternoon were helpful but not a good start.

The breakfast and drinks thing is ok as long as quality isnt what you are looking for. They will make you up some fresh eggs instead of the powdered ones at the buffet but it is such a zoo and not enjoyable at all. I had to go pick through a few plates to find clean ones.

I did eat in the restaurant and service was quite good, high prices but you expect that at an airport hotel property. The qualify was just ok.

The room was fine, my first room was a little smelly in the living area but the bedroom area was fine and the linens smelled really clean which is most important. I did change rooms as my first room was right above the garage exit/entrance and there was a metal drain plat that when cars went over was extremely loud and I am not really a noise sensitive person really. Both rooms they put me right next to the elevator as a Diamond.....maybe because I was using AA vouchers?

The shuttle guys were helpful and friendly but not that frequent of a schedule. They go at the top of the hour to the airport but in the busier morning time they go top and bottom of the hour, sucks if you arent leaving in the morning. Also, you need to call to be picked up as they do not run a regular pickup.

This place gets rave reviews on TA but I dont get it personally. I am not a Embassy Suites person normally so maybe that is why I just dont get it.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisosig
A Hilton app/web search for LAX now shows two additional properties (coming soon) on Century Blvd, that I haven't seen before.

The H Hotel Los Angeles - Curio Collection by Hilton
http://curiocollection3.hilton.com/e...AQQ/index.html
Homewood Suites by Hilton at Los Angeles International Airport
http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...WHW/index.html

Looks like they are going to take residency in a former office building. If you are familiar with the area: the one with the "Subway" logo on front, at the entrance to the airport, just after the Sheraton but before the Hyatt Regency (former Radisson).

I have a reservation at the H Hotel on Saturday as I am flying into LAX that evening - hope everything is up and running properly including the shuttle.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Miesque
I have a reservation at the H Hotel on Saturday as I am flying into LAX that evening - hope everything is up and running properly including the shuttle.
Looking forward to your thoughts. Have a reservation there the second weekend of November. Mixed reviews on TripAdvisor but it seems like they are starting to get some of the expected opening issues straightened out.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Looking forward to your thoughts. Have a reservation there the second weekend of November. Mixed reviews on TripAdvisor but it seems like they are starting to get some of the expected opening issues straightened out.

They don't. I will do a longer review, but for the moment, people should know: THEY DON'T HAVE A LIQUOR LICENSE. The pool is not yet open. Neither of those things is disclosed on their website or at check-in. I stayed there last week and complained about both items (and a few other things). The website still hasn't changed.

The one thing that did work during my stay was the airport shuttle.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:09 pm

I did stay at the H Hotel Saturday night. Not only is the Homewood Suites in the same building but it's check-in desk is right across from the H Hotel check-in. Diamond breakfast is the same as gold, a voucher for a continental breakfast on the menu which is a slice of bread with a bowl of cut fruit and juice and coffee. The fruit was actually decent and with a slice of rye was sufficient for that morning, but it definitely meager for a Diamond breakfast benefit. Server was very good and attentive and offered me a coffee to go after I finished up. I have attached pictures of the room, which was on the 12th floor and since thats the top floor and there are also some conference rooms up there the ceilings are pretty high ceilings. It is a nice decent sized room and there is a Nespresso machine. The light at the desk was not that big of a light so if you had to do a lot of work your eyes would definitely get strained. Which I like, however, there is not a lot of light in the room so it felt overly dark. The bathroom was very good (excellent light in there). Bed was a tad firmer than I would have preferred but it was sufficiently comfortable. I went downstairs to the business center to print a few items and when I was there I inquired about whether there were robes available and was told no, the owners decided to not include that. I pointed out that someone like myself would expect a robe at a Curio property and that the LondonHouse has both robes and slippers. The person I spoke who had pointed out to me where the business center (which was he Front Office Supervisor) with did agree and recommended I include that in my feedback survey. I mentioned it again at checkout and the front desk agent checking me out said she has been hearing that.

I popped my head into the fitness center which is also on the 12th floor and its very nice, much better than you find at a typical airport hotel.
All of the snacks and food for sale you see at a Homewood are down in the lobby (along with a microwave) so if you didn't want to do room service or just wanted a quick snack there are options.

So as you see it was mixed, I would definitely choose this hotel over the Hilton, which I think is too big and the lounge crowded. I wouldn't pay a huge premium over say the HGI, where I know I will get a nice breakfast.
Attached Images     
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm at the LAX Hilton right now.

Got upgraded apparently to a 17th floor room (paid for a standard King and was getting offered the 14th floor etc. At online check in)

Some aircraft noise. Can hear the engines as they accelerate.

Not the most modern hotel but functional.

Went into the executive lounge last night after 8:30pm and half a dozen people in there. Possibly quiet as the bar downstairs had people watching the Dodgers game.
Rack of cookies like they do in Admiral's Clubs and a tray of cake bits out to eat.

Will see what breakfast in the lounge looks like (The mirrors make the place look a lot bigger).
Added: 20-30 people perhaps. 3 fruit juices, cereals, sausage, scrambled with cheese etc., bread and pastries.

Fitness centre is in a weird place. Downstairs across a large open area with HR and sales offices.

Elevators. Weird.
Typed in 17 the first time and got elevator C.
Tried later with 3 other people on the 12th and 14th floors and we all got F.

Building work out front still.
Airport shuttle took just under 10 mins from the time I starting waiting for it after baggage reclaim.

Possibly cheaper to walk down the street to Carl's Jr. than eat at the hotel.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 1, 2017 at 9:44 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
We stayed at the new H Hotel Curio Collection at LAX last night and generally I was pretty impressed.

We were upgraded to the top floor and a corner room with an incredible view of the runways at LAX. It was a bit noisy but overall we did not have any problems sleeping.

The shuttle to and from LAX was fairly efficient.

There gold/diamond breakfast benefit is a continental breakfast in the lobby restaurant consisting of a fruit bowl, toast, coffee and juice. It’s valued at $14.00 on the menu (way more than it’s worth). While this isn’t an incredible breakfast benefit, I’ve definitely seen worse. And I do know that after talking to the GM they are going to possibly reevaluate the breakfast voucher and possibly let diamond and gold members use the credit for other items on the menu.

Overall we would definitely stay stay here again. It is definitely not your typical airport hotel.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Silver
Anyone have an experience with the Homewood Suites located alongside the H Hotel Curio at LAX?

I just booked for a night coming up and hoping it has worked out the kinks as a new property.

Thanks.

MrShoes
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
We stayed at the new H Hotel Curio Collection at LAX last night and generally I was pretty impressed.
bcosinteno -- could you say what building amenities the H Hotel Curio shared with the Homewood Suites? For instance, was that breakfast at a joint restaurant?

MrShoes
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I have been debating whether to do a review of the H Hotel. I stayed there on October 25. It was among the worst stays I've ever had at a hotel. On the other hand, they refunded my room charge when I brought the problems to their attention, and took some of my comments seriously (though not others apparently). So, they more or less did the right thing; but there was a reason for that. On balance, I think it's fair to report on my stay and let everyone decide for themselves whether to write off the problems to the hotel's newness (as the hotel pretty much does) or to consider them symptomatic of bigger problems.

I arrived at the hotel about 6:30 pm after a long day, and just wanted to go to my room, get room service, and go to bed. I checked in, there are two adjacent check-in desks, one for the H, and one for the Homewood Suites. The hotels do not share that function, but do share the same store, restaurant, pool, and shuttle service. I'm not sure what else.

I got to my room and found no room service menu, either in print or on the TV as some hotels do. I called downstairs, and was told cheerily that a room service menu would be sent up. About 10 minutes later, I got a call from someone who asked if I'd requested a room service menu; I said "yes." The voice said, "we don't have any, but I can read it to you." I declined, and went downstairs to the restaurant. I sat at the bar, and was asked if I'd like something to drink. I asked what kind of beer they had on tap; the bartender replied, "We don't have beer, we don't have a liquor license." I said, direct quote, "WHAT????" The bartender calmly and unapologetically said "oh we're a new hotel, we don't have a liquor license yet." I just got up and left, walked outside, and went to the bar at the Sheraton next door and had dinner (and a beer) there, though totally not what I'd had in mind. On my way out, I noticed a sign on the door to the pool that informed guests that the pool was not open, and mentioned "we're a new hotel." I later checked the hotel website to see if I had missed the disclosure that the pool was closed and no liquor was being served; I had not missed it, there was no such disclosure.

When I got back to my room, I decided to try room service again for dessert. I called, asked what they had, ordered something, and was told it would be 30-40 minutes. So I jumped in the shower, only to be interrupted by the phone ringing. It was room service, my order was on its way up, it would be there "in 2 minutes." I dried off quickly, threw on some clothes...and waited. About 40 minutes later, my order arrived.

That night, sleep was difficult. Unlike most airport hotels that are well soundproofed, this one seemed like it was on the runway. Very loud. Others have reported the contrary, so it may depend on where you are in the hotel.

I got up early the next morning, went down to breakfast, and experienced more of the same fine service. The breakfast is not a buffet, but a sit down and order restaurant. As a Diamond member, I was treated to a free Continental breakfast. I suggested to my server that in view of their lack of a liquor license, they might want to upgrade that to the full breakfast; he said, "oh we don't have a liquor license." Helpful. Anyway, he said I had a $14 credit toward anything on the menu. I ordered a ham and cheese omelet. About 5 minutes later, he returned and said "is bacon ok?" I asked what he meant. He said, "We don't have actual ham." Oh. I said, yeah bacon is fine. About 20 minutes later (did I mention there might have been 4 occupied tables?), I was delivered a cold bacon and cheese omelet. I decided not to argue about it, ate it, and then spent about 15 minutes trying to find a server to bring me a check (as did the people at the table next to mine), since my omelet and coffee far exceeding the $14 credit. A server, not mine, came by, I asked her to bring me a check, she asked if I'd like more coffee; I responded "i would have half an hour ago, but it's really too late now." No response. No check. Finally, my server appeared, and I asked for a check. He brought it, and I noticed the charge for the omelet was higher than the menu price--which tells me the POS system had been programmed wrong and everyone was being overcharged for omelets. I told the server it was wrong, and he brought me a revised check, telling me he'd comped the coffee to make up the difference, as if he should get a medal for that. I signed it, and he said to me "what's the matter boss, you don't look happy." I said, "I haven't been happy since I walked into this place last night." I think a normal person would have said, "Oh I'm sorry, let me get the manager for you." He walked away.

I am pleased to report that the airport shuttle worked well and I left.

On my return, I wrote an email outlining what had happened. I received a very apologetic email, and a promise that my money would be refunded and I would hear from the manager that day. The response also mentioned that many people had complained about the server I'd had and he'd been dismissed, and they would look into the website issues. I did not hear from the manager that day, which was a Friday. The following Monday morning, I wrote back and said that (1) I hadn't heard from the manager as promised; and (2) the website still did not disclose the absence of a liquor license or that the pool wasn't open yet. I got a response from the manager, without apology, saying that I would receive the receipt for my refund that day. Needless to say, I did not. The next day, I wrote again, also noting the continuing absence of disclosures on the website. This time I received the receipt. I noted, however, that they refunded the room charge, but not the breakfast or room service charges, which would have been a nice touch. And, by the way, the website had said, when I booked the room, that people who booked at their "new hotel" would get 1000 bonus HHonors points. Mine must have gotten lost in the mail.

I have checked the website a few times since this all happened, and still no disclosure about the liquor license or the pool; maybe those issues have been resolved, or maybe they just don't feel the need to disclose the absence of these features that they advertise.

So, again, I got my money back for the room. The right thing to do. But, a lot of real danger signs here, including the use of "we're new" as an excuse for pretty much everything. Coincidentally, I had stayed at the Hyatt Regency LAX when it was newly opened several years ago, and they fell all over themselves to make sure I had a positive experience, including sending to my room a complimentary bottle of wine. Ah, the irony!

Last edited by jcresq; Nov 16, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:19 am

I realize after reading jcresq's review that I did not comment about airplane noise and I did notice it being on the top floor. Since I was on East Coast time I was already awake before I wanted to be anyway but I remember being a bit surprised that there was not better soundproofing (most airport Hilton properties have better window soundproofing)
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Oh great!! No wonder the price was so appealing for my one night stay at this Homewwod. Will be there Thanksgiving Eve. Was planning to sleep in but enjoy a breakfast buffet. Not going to happen apparently.

Will report how the stay was once we're settled on the cruise ship in Long Beach. Didn't want to be gouged by the hotels in LB. Looks like I've not snagged such a great deal either with my upcoming stay at LAX.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
H Hotel by Curio

Just had a stay here and I loved the room. My room was a huge size on top floor, great roof deck on that level for aircraft watching. Very well equipped Gym also on that level. Plenty of power points in the room, great shower and good water pressure. Huge king bed with good sheets.
The pool is now open, I’m not sure yet about the liquor license but the bar/ restaurant was empty early evening so assume that’s still a negative.

If you hate aircraft noise bring ear plugs, I don’t mind it and can easily sleep through.
I’m returning in a few days and will try to see if I can get to breakfast. Didn’t bother today as I have access to the QF F Lounge.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
HGI LAX/El Segundo - no more free parking

This hotel used to offer free parking, but I did a recent search for Hilton properties in the LAX area and noticed the symbol for free parking was gone. The hotel description still says free parking in the Hilton app, but they are charging $15 a day for parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.