Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Thanks all for your tips about a special dinner. The Villa BBQ sounds interesting. Has anyone else who did it experienced the same issue with insects? That makes me pretty unsure. It will be dinner for 4 actually. We have friends staying at the hotel the same time as us. I was interested in the wine cellar because I loved the wine cellar dinner the Conrad Maldives. It just doesn't look quite as cozy though. Jahn looks nice.
It isn't the same as the Maldives and doesn't seem to be as busy. That said the wine cellar dinner was superb value as we got through a lot of wine which isn't cheap in Thailand.

The location isn't exactly doctor evils fortress it is reasonably nicely done just nowhere near as nice as the wine cellar at the St Regis Vommuli or even the smaller Rangali one.

Insects May to an extent depend upon your villa location and perhaps the time of year We had a great location 301 I think but my earlier post here should show it which was right next to a forested area. If you are clear of everything but other villas you should be fine and I suspect they could put something on at the beach if you wanted. We noted the wooded areas at the IC Samui had real insect life at night too so that could be key to this. We had little issue by our pool villa.

Jahn is a very special place, we went back there when staying at the IC Samui a few months ago. It still seems to be a strong offering and offers a great experience either a la carte or tasting menu (you must try the Ton Yum).
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
(you must try the Ton Yum).
+1.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:27 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
We would like to do a boat charter while we are there. Does anyone have any experience with this? It's hard to decide where to go... Koh Tao, Koh Phangan, or Ang Thong Marine park. Any recommendations would be appreciated, also if you have any charter company recommendations. There are many.

Last edited by myeurocrush; Jul 12, 2017 at 9:28 am Reason: sp
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:16 am

We went with the in-house company and did Ang Thong Marine park. It was a new venture started by an Australian by the name of Rhys Dixon with a brand new boat (Jan 2015). Very nice guy and accommodating with our requests, which islands we wanted to visit and what we wanted to do. The name is Oceana Samui Charters. Ph: +66 83 503 5088 Email: [email protected]
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Thanks all for your tips about a special dinner. The Villa BBQ sounds interesting. Has anyone else who did it experienced the same issue with insects? That makes me pretty unsure. It will be dinner for 4 actually. We have friends staying at the hotel the same time as us. I was interested in the wine cellar because I loved the wine cellar dinner the Conrad Maldives. It just doesn't look quite as cozy though. Jahn looks nice.
My wife and I did the villa BBQ in June last year and didn't have any issues with insects. The only problem we had was eating all the food! You are outside so there will be insects but they didn't bother us.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
We stayed in 127 (the royal suite or whatever it's called) and did the in-villa bbq. It was our favorite dining option (we tried everything else but the cellar). We had a lot of space though and the option to eat inside or outside. A storm had just passed so we ate inside but bugs in the evening are everywhere. I recommend buying some of the mosquito repellant burner things when you get to the island.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Adding my experience from a recent stay. HH gold, booked using BRG claim for 3 nights.

My request for villas in the 200s and 300s were not met as I was told they were all occupied. I was given villa 120. I wouldn't stress out which villa as it was perfectly fine. It had great views and was located conveniently for the pool and breakfast. At this level, it is just a 2 short hills up to the breakfast. No need for buggy. Breakfast was great.

It was our first private pool experience and it was fantastic. It was bigger than I expected and the water was in perfect temperature and I think it was salt water. The main pool was also very nice. They brought water and juice when we arrived at the pool. We tried the free stretching and thai boxing classes given in some mornings. They were very good. No other guests showed up except one couple one morning. We didn't bother to check out the beach. We were perfectly happy with the main pool or the villa pool.

Lunch or room service food was just okay. Tried JAHN one evening. Great service. The food was good overall and enjoyed the wagyu beef. The tasting menu was about 3,300++ THB.

Took a hotel shuttle to Chaweng (dropped off @ Central Festival mall) one day. Got great massage at Eranda Spa (they picked us up from the mall and dropped us off). Had lunch and dinner at a local restaurant and outdoor food court which we enjoyed much more than the hotel's food. Took a taxi back to hotel around 10pm (1,000 THB).

Had great transfer services from samuiislandexplorer.com. Good communications, on time, good cars, and friendly drivers.

3 nights were not too short, not too long. Overall, we really liked the hotel, especially the private pool experience. If we were to go back, we would rent a car, not so much for exploring but so we can eat or take out from local eateries. The roads seem fine and there are many local eateries we saw within 15 minute distance.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
After contacting the hotel to arrange transfers, reservations for Jahn and the Cellar and request room preferences I have been advised as a Diamond we have been pre-upgraded to a Oceanview Retreat Villa which is fantastic.

Nor1 upgrade offer is now showing the Royal Villa as an upgrade for 6,900 THB a night. Not sure if I should take it or not. It does seem like a good deal.

Also the airport transfer I was quoted at 1,500 THB each way through the hotel (or 2,000 THB with 30 minutes allowance for a stop at a convenience store on the way).
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:14 am

That's a pretty good deal indeed. Snap it up!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:37 pm

Having re-read Weatherboy's review and watching a walkthrough on youtube I have put in the Nor1 request. It is a 7 night stay and the Royal villa doesn't seem available for all nights but will definitely report back if it goes through.

With Rangali last year at Christmas and Koh Samui this year for our anniversary something tells me my wife may be disappointed no matter what we do next year when my Diamond status runs out (hopefully the drop will only e to Gold).
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Renting a motorbike/scooter at the airport?

Any idea which scooter rental company offers pick-up and drop-off at the airport?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Here now for 5 more nights, anybody have any questions?

Got upgraded to 307 for full 7 night stay on points plus cash (only saw it show up once so I took it). Asked about further upgrade at arrival, the Royal Suite 127 is available for a few nights of our trip, they wanted 10000 per night for the upgrade so we passed (not here for any special occasion).

also, hotel car allowed a free stop at a convenience store on the way here. Family mart had a better liquor selection than 7-11.

There didn't seem to be much info on excursions before we arrived here, but the full day group tours by oceana samui are 2500++ pp.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Got upgraded to 307 for full 7 night stay on points plus cash (only saw it show up once so I took it).
That was my room. I thought the location was perfect!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Update, today the royal suite became available for the next 3 nights and after declining the initial offer of 10000 per night to upgrade, we were now offered 8000 per night so we took it. Seems like it should be pretty epic and unnessasary! Can't wait😎
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:57 am

Would love to hear what you think about the royal suite as I am still contemplating asking about an upgrade when we are there in about a week and a half (Assuming the Nor1 doesn't clear).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.