Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Jermyn, great report as always.

We have a stay booked early August and have just bought the Hilton Premium Club Membership. A couple of dinners at Jahn and the cellar will more than cover the 8,000THB fee, the vouchers will be the icing on the cake. Apparently you now need a Thai address phone number for membership since 31/10/16 but they were happy to accept the Conrad's address and number.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Here now, watching the sunset at the bar next to Zest. If you have any questions let me know...overall very impressed.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:43 am
Z56

Originally Posted by shgroamer
Here now, watching the sunset at the bar next to Zest. If you have any questions let me know...overall very impressed.

any reports on using a Hilton weekend cert. on this property ?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Z56
I didn't use one but I think people have had luck doing so. I paid for some nights and used points for other nights at pre most recent devaluation rates
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Z56
I used the two weekend certs from Citi Hilton Reserve card at CKS last year. No problem to call up and book.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Z56
Used 2 a couple weeks ago, no problem.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:02 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jermyn
I just posted up a trip report of my return visit.
You can read it here: Conrad Koh Samui - Second Visit

Excellent reviews. Thanks! I noticed you have eaten at both the Cellar and Jahn. Which one would you recommend for a special surprise birthday dinner? Anyone? Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Jermyn
I just posted up a trip report of my return visit.
You can read it here: Conrad Koh Samui - Second Visit

I was trying to be brief but looking over it now, it's still a bit of a monster!
Spoiler alert: this stay was just as good as the last and all things considered I think that this has to be one of the best value chain hotel properties in the world, especially when making use of the Hilton Premium Club Thailand deals.
I was in 307 just under a year ago. This brought back great memories, thank you.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Excellent reviews. Thanks! I noticed you have eaten at both the Cellar and Jahn. Which one would you recommend for a special surprise birthday dinner? Anyone? Thanks
We've also dined at both. Jahn's interior is fantastic and much more elegant than The Cellar's but of course less private. My girlfriend recommends dinner on the deck of your villa and that is indeed another good option for a birthday treat. I would recommend The Cellar if you were placing a lot of importance on privacy and were not considering in-villa dining. It might be an idea to look at some photos of both before you decide. If you were considering The Cellar it would also be a good idea to email the resort and ask if it's possible to have the place to yourselves if you book. I don't think that would be a problem as there haven't been nearly as many guests going to The Cellar in the last few years so business is slow there so to speak.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
We've also dined at both. Jahn's interior is fantastic and much more elegant than The Cellar's but of course less private. My girlfriend recommends dinner on the deck of your villa and that is indeed another good option for a birthday treat. I would recommend The Cellar if you were placing a lot of importance on privacy and were not considering in-villa dining. It might be an idea to look at some photos of both before you decide. If you were considering The Cellar it would also be a good idea to email the resort and ask if it's possible to have the place to yourselves if you book. I don't think that would be a problem as there haven't been nearly as many guests going to The Cellar in the last few years so business is slow there so to speak.
The cellar has a slightly grim ambience (it is effectively built into the concrete underpinnings of the resort) and the whole experience is made or spoiled by the presence of the other guests. We were fortunate enough when we went to know the 2 other guests we shared dinner with and we had a really good time but the better tables at Jahn will be a more solid option unless bringing your own group with you. As a twosome only and for an occasion I would do Jahn but also consider the cellar as part of your trip too.

We also did the in villa BBQ which was also a good experience but insects can be a problem. You usually end up with way too much food on the BBQ too. One good thing about the BBQ though is that you can use your own wine (either that you import as duty free or bought at the nearby Tesco or wine connection).
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:41 pm

OOC, what kind and how many insects came to enjoy the BBQ with you?!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OOC, what kind and how many insects came to enjoy the BBQ with you?!
Lots of mosquitoes etc were attracted by the light I think. In the day it wasn't a problem but it was in the evening.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:37 am

No flies then? That would be pretty off-putting.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No flies then? That would be pretty off-putting.
There was quite the aerial display, moths etc, too
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:32 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks all for your tips about a special dinner. The Villa BBQ sounds interesting. Has anyone else who did it experienced the same issue with insects? That makes me pretty unsure. It will be dinner for 4 actually. We have friends staying at the hotel the same time as us. I was interested in the wine cellar because I loved the wine cellar dinner the Conrad Maldives. It just doesn't look quite as cozy though. Jahn looks nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.