Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:06 am

I think when he's too booked up he just doesn't answer.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:07 am

Staying this weekend, on check in was told the room wouldn't be ready until 3 so sat down at the restaurant with other guests. On arrival as a gold was given a lucky dip raffle to win prizes ranging from spa treatments to a night in the royal suite and free items at the restaurants. Unfortunately got the lesser prize of ice cream

No sign of two free drinks vouchers so perhaps this has been withdrawn.

Weather has been terrible over the last couple of days, heavy rain and the sun hasn't come out once!!

Last edited by newuser86; Apr 7, 2017 at 12:08 am Reason: Edit
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:55 am

Two drink vouchers given once room was ready. Lovely resort.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:09 am

hilton

Last edited by spunkyt83; Apr 10, 2017 at 12:39 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by spunkyt83
hilton
Erm, yes. This is part of the Hilton forum.....
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Question here. My children are honeymooning here next month. They received a gift of a professional photographer shoot, flytogropher is the company. They wanted to take pictures on the beach. When they went to book there was a disclaimer from the photo company that some resorts don't allow photography on the property or charge a fee

Anyone had any experience to report. We were going to call the property but thought I'd try the experts first
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Question here. My children are honeymooning here next month. They received a gift of a professional photographer shoot, flytogropher is the company. They wanted to take pictures on the beach. When they went to book there was a disclaimer from the photo company that some resorts don't allow photography on the property or charge a fee

Anyone had any experience to report. We were going to call the property but thought I'd try the experts first
All beaches in Thailand are public and thus not part of the property, if it really comes to that.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Intersting..thanks for the info...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:19 am

I'll probably be on Koh Samui July 6-9. Unfortunately there isn't any award space then so I'd need to pay cash which is very expensive @ $708. I know this is a subjective question but would anyone that has stayed here say that this price is worth it? The IC nearby is only $350. $700 for a hotel seems ridiculous for Thailand.

I'm Diamond Hilton, Platinum IHG, Gold SPG/Marriott.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I'll probably be on Koh Samui July 6-9. Unfortunately there isn't any award space then so I'd need to pay cash which is very expensive @ $708. I know this is a subjective question but would anyone that has stayed here say that this price is worth it? The IC nearby is only $350. $700 for a hotel seems ridiculous for Thailand.

The IC is crap, the Conrad is a much nicer property and the base rooms at the IC are very unimpressive, even the beach pool villas at the IC is poor. I would pay double for the Conrad in a heartbeat.

I had a pretty terrible stay at the IC over Xmas and would never stay again despite being RA (which was pretty worthless there).
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:16 am

If you experienced the problems we had (we counted 68 pieces of rubbish outside our 2 villas alone plus a multitude of minor through serious issues), then no. Having said that, I'm sure most of the problems that we encountered have been ironed out over the last year. And the fact that Lyle Lewis has now taken over management of the resort is another reason to relax. A little expensive yes (and I can't compare to any other properties on KS) but the rooms are fantastic and the resort has absolutely stunning views. Not too sure about the service though but that aside, I'd say it's worth it for a cash stay for 3 nights (like we did).
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT

Whats the occasion? I will say this. The resort, which we went to for our honeymoon was amazing and worth the trip. However i used points. I wouldnt have been able to afford it paying cash. if you can, i think you will not be disappointed. However, i guess it really depends on what else you could do with that cash and if this is a once in a lifetime trip vs just another vacation.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: United MP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Mods - might want to double check but i believe the elements resort and spa is closed...which is a huge bummer. Last time i stayed at CKS that was a great place to go to the spa at a much more reasonable price, and they came to pick me up.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by brooklynflyer82
Mods - might want to double check but i believe the elements resort and spa is closed...which is a huge bummer. Last time i stayed at CKS that was a great place to go to the spa at a much more reasonable price, and they came to pick me up.
I tried it out too. Not bad for the price.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:58 pm

Looks like Carnation is also no longer in business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.