Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
As generous as they can be. There's no way to say what your chances are since it depends on a multitude of factors so you might as well book an early flight to avoid possible disappointment.
Does anyone have any actual data points?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thought I'd highlight http://www2.visasignaturehotels.com/...ee-night-2017/ - 3rd night free for a weekend trip.

(Via this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ree-night.html)

Originally Posted by DutchRyan
Heading back to CKS in August for my 4th visit. Really love the place. Yes, it's starting to show some wear and tear, but you can't beat the private pool and the view... not to mention one of my favorite hotel breakfasts ever!

I usually leave early in the morning to catch a flight home. This time we're staying in BKK for one night on the way out, so we have flexibility with our checkout time. Does anyone know how generous they are with late check out for Diamond members? We are leaving on a Sunday, if that helps at all.

I'd like to stick around as long as possible but don't want to book a 5pm flight if we have to checkout at noon.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
i went through every day of the year until next may and don't see a single night at 80k. am i doing something wrong or how does anyone get that rate? what months are low season? I was looking at the next couple months into september and the cash rate of around $400-$450 seems like this should correspond to the low season.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:34 pm

Here's what it used to look like (in chronological order from January through December):

Jan - Apr: 95K/N
May - Jul: 80K/N
Aug: 95K/N
Sep: 80K/N
Oct: 95K/N
Nov: 80K/N
Dec: 95K/N

You may want to call HH USA to enquire about the 80K/N rate and if it is still available.

I've updated the wiki; removed the points finder tool that isn't working anymore and inserted the above.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
I checked this september and november day by day. it doesn't drop below 95k. Perhaps due to the Mar 1 devaluation. Curious if anyone has seen 80k since the change to Honors.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:42 am

If you do happen to call HHonors and find out, please post back and I'll update the wiki.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by fauxreals
I checked this september and november day by day. it doesn't drop below 95k. Perhaps due to the Mar 1 devaluation. Curious if anyone has seen 80k since the change to Honors.
I'm booked in September, and I was definitely charged 95k per night. Seems high for off-season. I think I paid 80k nightly a couple summers ago.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DutchRyan
I'm booked in September, and I was definitely charged 95k per night. Seems high for off-season. I think I paid 80k nightly a couple summers ago.
Me too, all of Sept was 95K/night. Tried changing from 1 night to 2 nights, to a week at a time. All 95K/night. Here's to devaluation...
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:49 am

I suppose we should look on the bright side as it hasn't yet risen over 95K.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
I suppose we should look on the bright side as it hasn't yet risen over 95K.
I couldn't disagree more. Paid room rates, particularly on weekends, have gone down over the last 4 years. Meanwhile, points stays have gone from 50k to 95k.

Adding to that, there is less award availability. It's virtually impossible to book a 5 night award stay because they block Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for 90% of the schedule. There goes your chance of getting a 5th night free and driving the points cost down to 76k.

Despite all of that, CKS remains my favorite Hilton family property.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:37 am

There has been a lot of talk of the value of Hilton points and that reward stays could, based on the low value of points, go up to 150K/N at some properties. I was referring to this when talking about the 95K cap still being in place.

Regarding what you said about availability, surely that would mean they are blacking out dates. They are still advertising points use as "Rewards include free nights with no blackout dates" and the T&C states, in 3 places, 'no blackout dates'. If the resort is doing this then it's not congruent with Hilton policy and you can go over their heads. As long as there is a standard room available

Reward Stays are not subject to blackout dates or capacity controls. All Rewards depend upon availability and some Reward Stay types may not be available on the date of Member's request.
all you'd have to do is call a CSR or the Diamond Desk and they would have to give it to you.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I just posted up a trip report of my return visit.
You can read it here: Conrad Koh Samui - Second Visit

I was trying to be brief but looking over it now, it's still a bit of a monster!
Spoiler alert: this stay was just as good as the last and all things considered I think that this has to be one of the best value chain hotel properties in the world, especially when making use of the Hilton Premium Club Thailand deals.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:09 am

Great report. Keep up the good work.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Thanks! After this my next write up will be a full review of a Beach Villa and RWV at the Conrad Maldives. I really appreciated all your advice before our trip
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:40 am

Thumbs up

Awesome and well written report Jermyn. Stunning pictures. We stayed there twice and brought back good memories. Thanks for posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.