Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Rented a car.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by mnscout
Rented a car.
Then it looks like I'm in for a driving adventure in Thailand
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by aspenedelen
Good choice, but don‘t forget: Speeding, red light, no license, illegal parking etc. aren‘t real issues in Thailand, even with police involved. But DUI can get a real problem with police. Plus: For driving in the night on the streets of Koh Samui it‘s definitely better to have 100% control over yourself. So better don‘t drink and drive also in Thailand.

I also recommend a bigger car (Fortuner, Vigo) in countries like Thailand.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:11 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
+1 on thbe's comments. I kinda liked driving on the island, not very many cars or traffic but a lot of scooters, dogs sleeping in the middle of the road - more like Mr Toads Wild Ride. You need to be very aware. The independence was well worth it.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by thbe
Good choice, but don‘t forget: Speeding, red light, no license, illegal parking etc. aren‘t real issues in Thailand, even with police involved. But DUI can get a real problem with police. Plus: For driving in the night on the streets of Koh Samui it‘s definitely better to have 100% control over yourself. So better don‘t drink and drive also in Thailand.

I also recommend a bigger car (Fortuner, Vigo) in countries like Thailand.
I presume I am able to use my USA license to rent then subsequently drive in Thailand? Whenever I drive in a foreign land I am as careful as most any prudent person. Maybe Saturday night I'll hire Mr Sumai or one of his associates for the night then on Sunday take the time honored tradition of a beautiful Sunday drive exploring the island and finding the locals beaches.

I read that somewhere as well. Roads, especially if you want to go where locals go you'll need a 4x4 pickup or at least a higher clearance vehicle
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Considering staying here for 5-6 nights in end of March. Any experiences on how the weather will be?

Also, I've read conflicting reports about Hilton Premium Club, some people say it also offers the discount on room service, whilst others say its only at select outlets?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
March should be hot, dry and sunny most days.

Regarding the HPC in my membership pack it specifically excludes promotions, special events and in room dining this was consistent with our stay in August. Still very easy to get value for money with the HPC at Conrad Koh Samui.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:06 am

Has the Hilton Premium Club Asia membership stopped for people not living in Thailand? I am in the U.K. and looking at ways to save money at the Conrad KS. Am reading about The Entertainer voucher as well. I am a Hilton Diamond and will be able to book 5 for 4 with points but need some more via these memberships ideally. Please advise.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Technically you need a Thai address. However they were happy to use the CKS as the address on my account.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:09 pm

Now they have a mobile app and you can access all the vouchers/certificates through the app. I recently make a reservation using the HPC vouchers and the CKS told me that I can just show them the e-certifcates on their mobile app when I check in.

I did give them a Thai address when I signed up for the HPC but I've never received the physical vouchers.

Hope this helps!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:22 am

Thanks. I emailed them yesterday and mentioned I am in the UK but they have sent me membership form. The cost works out almost GBP 200 and the discounted rate with tax for CKS around £300. Is it really worth it I am wondering as won't be getting any Hilton Points. Also do you need to buy two memberships (one for partner) to get 1 night each at 11,500++ baht? Can someone advise how to use this best. I also have two kids (9 and 11) who will be treated like adults when I use the meal vouchers.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by s879
Thanks. I emailed them yesterday and mentioned I am in the UK but they have sent me membership form. The cost works out almost GBP 200 and the discounted rate with tax for CKS around £300. Is it really worth it I am wondering as won't be getting any Hilton Points. Also do you need to buy two memberships (one for partner) to get 1 night each at 11,500++ baht? Can someone advise how to use this best. I also have two kids (9 and 11) who will be treated like adults when I use the meal vouchers.

You can sign up online
(sorry, the system doesnt allow me to post any urls yet)
google premiumclubasia JoinNow

the HPC gives you different vouchers.
Details:
google premiumclubasia MembershipBenefits THA

the one that I used was BOGO, pay for first night and get the second night complementary.

You can't use the HPC vouchers if they only have few rooms left for that day.
I would suggest checking with the CKS reservation department first(I called, but you can do email too), to see the date you want to stay there are available to book with HPC vouchers before signing up for the HPC membership. You don't need two memberships in your case, but you may need to pay for two extra guests for breakfast buffet.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:24 pm

I would like to preface this as stating "Damn you Jet Lag!"

I am from South Dakota where it is currently colder than cold. I am traveling as a single traveler on my 40th Birthday trip due to wife back home being a teacher. Arrived at the Conrad at Koh Sumai yesterday late morning after 36 hours in Bangkok. I booked a car via Mr Sumai and FB literally a hour before I was flyng out from Bangkok (incredible service and well worth the $30 price tag for a one way or $56 rt). and was picked up in a full service leather seated lux SUV. On the drive to the Conrad I spoke with Mr. Sumai via the drivers phone and was able to stop off at a gas station to allow me to buy my "daddy drinks" so I wouldn't have to buy that much alcohol here at the resort.

As I arrived here at the Conrad I was led into the open aired reception parlor during a downpour under the umbrella of a porter who genuinely cared for my well being. I was given a really nice tea and a cold towel that literally smelled delicious. I then met with the Director of Operations and had a genuine conversation about being a Diamond, world experiences, travel and so forth.

I booked the lowest category room here two or so months ago using Points, the Retreat Villa. When I arrived today I was "hoping" to be upgraded into a larger suite vs the base that I had booked. When I was spoke with Thomas who is ihead of Operations he preceded to inform me that I was upgraded to a Two Bdrm Villa and they genuinely want to show their appreciation to Diamonds. On a side note, I am fully aware of upgrade policy within the Hilton Portfolio and definitely did not expect this, maybe one cat or two higher but not all the way to the top. This resort makes me actually want to keep my Diamond status purely for the Diamond treatment. *side note* other Hilton Resorts, you need to seriously take a step back and reevaluate your Diamond policy, maybe hire Thomas as a consultant. Conrad KS has its upgrade policy spot on, "If and when upgrade availability allows".

Anyone have any questions I can answer for them while I'm here? I am moving today into a Conrad Royal One Bdrm Villa that I booked via points to enjoy the best of the bes while here in CKS.

Anyone on FT by chance currently at this property and would like to meet up for a drink, I'll buy first round!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:28 am

They didn't have a Director of Operations for quite some time. Thomas is DoO? Do you have his last name?

Re your upgrade, you should be even happier that as a single occupant you've been upgraded to the 2-bdrm villa. Congrats!

Thanks for the post and enjoy your stay there!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:50 am

When I was spoke with Thomas who is ihead of Operations he preceded to inform me that I was upgraded to a Two Bdrm Villa and they genuinely want to show their appreciation to Diamonds.

Anyone have any questions I can answer for them while I'm here? I am moving today into a Conrad Royal One Bdrm Villa that I booked via points to enjoy the best of the bes while here in CKS.
Congrats on the upgrade. Was the 2bdrm in the 300's or in Conrad Residence section? Are you able to post any pictures? How many HHonors points for Royal 1 bdrm villa?

Last edited by mileageking; Nov 12, 2017 at 10:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.