Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:37 pm

A couple, maybe 3 days out should be more than enough. I advise making plans early and letting them know 2 weeks out. That way you won't have any trouble reserving anything, be it restaurants, excursions, spas or whatever.

Originally Posted by soy
FYI - Airport is no longer an island, new bridge opened last year.
How is Hulhumale now not an island? It's connected by a bridge to Male which is also an island, just like Rangalifinolhu is connected by a bridge to Rangali.....but it's still an island!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I am looking at next January and it's pricing over $2k/night for the entry level beach room - is this standard or are prices likely to come down nearer the time?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:37 pm

Jan 1st to Jan 8th is in Festive Season so the prices are like that.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:26 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak

How is Hulhumale now not an island? It's connected by a bridge to Male which is also an island, just like Rangalifinolhu is connected by a bridge to Rangali.....but it's still an island!

ok, ok its still an island, but the OP was asking about civil unrest in Male and I read their question in the context of Hulhumale being isolated from any civil unrest by virtue of the sea barrier. That is no longer the case since the bridge opened, so I thought that relevant information to share. Should have used different terminology perhaps.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:43 pm

How long does it usually take for the hotel to respond to your email? I emailed them at the general email trying to set up my seaplane transfer.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:16 pm

A day or maybe 3 at most. Send email to their reservations department instead.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:34 pm

Thanks I'll give that a shot.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:08 pm

And make sure your booking number is in the subject line. Less likely to be filtered into their spam folder that way.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:53 pm

And make sure your booking number is in the subject line. Less likely to be filtered into their spam folder that way.
I don't know if I'd do that. Spam filters aren't too kind about random-nonsense-looking strings in the subject line.

Just don't tell them about your status as a prince or the sizable sum that you need their help in wiring out of Zumunda.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:20 pm

I think a good spam filter would automatically search subject line contents and try to match it with existing reservation numbers. Then again I could be wrong.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:22 pm

I think a good spam filter would automatically search subject line contents and try to match it with existing reservation numbers. Then again I could be wrong.
I don't work at Hilton, so I can't speak for them, but most filters aren't that smart.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:30 pm

The hotel industry uses customized software. I always put my reservation confirmation number into the subject line with every hotel I book if I'm sending them email. Never been blocked yet. Cross fingers.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
I keep seeing this “toilet with a view” on Instagram - I think it’s a toilet in Mandhoo spa - what’s the point of this toilet??!! Everybody photographs it (from the view side) so it’s not like it’s exactly private!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:26 am

It's at the Spa Retreat to be exact. TBH I think someone was either joking and the joke turned into reality or they ran out of panelling to make the last wall, LOL. Stupid really. And before all you MF bashers ou there start criticizing me, I say that because my girlfriend used it, albeit reluctantly, and then one of the male staff opened the door to the hallway and.....scared the living daylights out of her. Probably got the wrong treatment room but anyway, shyte can happen and it did.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
I keep seeing this “toilet with a view” on Instagram - I think it’s a toilet in Mandhoo spa - what’s the point of this toilet??!! Everybody photographs it (from the view side) so it’s not like it’s exactly private!
It is indeed in the Spa Retreat and to my knowledge only in the couples treatment rooms. The twin massage tables are behind the toilet through doors and nearby the dressing room. There are privacy walls completely surrounding the massage suite although I do believe upon opening the door to the suite the toilet is indeed immediately visible if someone were to enter. We typically have at least one couples massage here and the suite we had on this past Valentines day also included a hot tub, dry sauna, steam room and outdoor shower all within the same fenced in area.

Our son upon seeing our photo of the toilet remarked he'd never need reading material again with a view like that to entertain him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.