Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
First time poster, long time reader.

Heading here in late Feb. Does anyone know if I put the seaplane costs on my AMEX Platinum if I'll get 5x points on it?

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by pmfc
First time poster, long time reader.

Heading here in late Feb. Does anyone know if I put the seaplane costs on my AMEX Platinum if I'll get 5x points on it?

Thanks!
Hello pmfc,

The seaplane charge goes onto your hotel bill. It's not something that you pay TMA directly. If you have a Hilton branded AmEx, you will get the bonus points from the Hilton charge, but I don't believe there's a way to pay for the ticket separately.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:47 am

Do you guys know if there is a way to avoid the water villas that are older and worn in the smaller island? We are planning on booking WV for 95k in October but there are reports of older WV needing refurbishment. Since we don't know when they will start doing refurbishment/tear down and rebuild, I was wondering if there's anything I can do to compeltely avoid the chance of being put in one of these older WVs. Would upgrading to Superior, Retreat or Deluxe help? (though paying for four deluxe upgrades will hurt my wallet, a lot).
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by divinebaboon
Do you guys know if there is a way to avoid the water villas that are older and worn in the smaller island? We are planning on booking WV for 95k in October but there are reports of older WV needing refurbishment. Since we don't know when they will start doing refurbishment/tear down and rebuild, I was wondering if there's anything I can do to compeltely avoid the chance of being put in one of these older WVs. Would upgrading to Superior, Retreat or Deluxe help? (though paying for four deluxe upgrades will hurt my wallet, a lot).
I'm fairly certain the WVs are all getting renovated this spring/summer.

I think the consensus here is upgrading to the SWV is definitely worth it.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:33 pm
Suspended

we have our 2nd stay reservation for 13-24 February (points stay) and we didn't get any contact from Conrad Rangali I remember our first stay and we git contact 2 months before stay, something change?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:38 pm

Had a friend ask about upgrade rates for their stay in September 2019...Thoughts? What should they do? Currently in a Water villa 5 nights on points...

· Upgrade charge from Water villa to Superior water villa will be USD$93.80 including taxes per night
· Upgrade charge from Water villa to Retreat water villa will be USD$201.60 including taxes per night
· Upgrade charge from Water villa to Deluxe water villa will be USD$273.70 including taxes per night
· Upgrade charge from Water villa to Premier water villa will be USD$994.70 including taxes per night
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
What should they do?
I think the first three upgrade options are all very good value for money.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
My Water Villa to SWV upgrade for November was $60++ (so around $74 a night).
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
How much is dinner at Atoll Market?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Had a friend ask about upgrade rates for their stay in September 2019...Thoughts? What should they do? Currently in a Water villa 5 nights on points...

· Upgrade charge from Water villa to Superior water villa will be USD$93.80 including taxes per night
· Upgrade charge from Water villa to Retreat water villa will be USD$201.60 including taxes per night
· Upgrade charge from Water villa to Deluxe water villa will be USD$273.70 including taxes per night
· Upgrade charge from Water villa to Premier water villa will be USD$994.70 including taxes per night
I was quoted the same for September booking
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I haven't seen this mentioned before in this thread (or at least not for a while), but I was quoted a price for a Full board package : Lunch at Uffa / Mandhoo and , Dinner at Atoll buffet Restaurant & a selection of beverages during meals $ 220.00 plus 10% service charge and 12% GST per person per day. (I am HH Diamond if that matters). This would be for a stay next month (Feb 2019)
I just got a response from Moli @ CR that the FB package is required for the entire stay
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:12 am

Any of these worth it? We do plan to enjoy drinks even though it will be expensive. Would plan to try Atoll 3-4 nights of a 7 night stay

Half Board - USD110++pp daily buffet dinner at Atoll Market or USD110 credit to be used at another restaurant (excluded are Rangali bar, Quiet zone bar, in-villa dining)
Full Board - USD165++pp adds lunch at Mandhoo or Ufaa
Full Board w/ beverages USD220++pp adds house wines, beers, selected cocktails at meal only
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by elpee1979
Any of these worth it? We do plan to enjoy drinks even though it will be expensive. Would plan to try Atoll 3-4 nights of a 7 night stay

Half Board - USD110++pp daily buffet dinner at Atoll Market or USD110 credit to be used at another restaurant (excluded are Rangali bar, Quiet zone bar, in-villa dining)
Full Board w/ beverages USD220++pp adds house wines, beers, selected cocktails at meal only
Full Board with beverages may be worthwhile jf you are big drinkers. Otherwise none of the packages really save you any money. They make your expenses more predictable, but they limit your dining options.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:30 am
Suspended

Do they invite some Diamonds on Thursdays for sunset cruise?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by elpee1979

Thanks, the Full Board seems like excellent value if you do not Diamond/Gold status. If you do have status however, $55 for lunch and then getting $110 credit at dinner seems quite good value in any case. But then again, you could almost skip lunch if you have a big/late breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.