Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by aysoo
New behaviour at VILU for happy hour and afternoon tea. Bench blocking with Towel and bag 30min before and arriving at 10 past .
Entlish speaking European country
Just move the items. Hand them to staff--"I think someone must have forgotten these."
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond and United Global Services
l will be staying from May 8 - 17th on points. Please post the upgrades for that time period when available.

Thank you!!!!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:37 pm

There are rates in the wiki. You can also email the resort for rates.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Can you tell me approximately from outside which villa this was taken from? Cheers.
The first brown umbrella with the bush is 227
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by s879

We will be there around the same time in April 😊. Did they agree to your counter offer?
Nice! They came close... they offered a better discount on the RWV @ $194.67 per night.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by aysoo
The first brown umbrella with the bush is 227
I was in 227 the beginning of November and saw hardly any of the corrosion that your pics are showing. I went back and looked at my pics to validate. The only place I saw any noticeable corrosion was at the beach near Mandahoo as well as the beach where the Deluxe water villas bridge starts. Curious how often they bring in the rigs to get the sand back on the beach?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:34 pm

I have a water villa for March and was wondering if the other villas are that worth the upgrade? I looked on the floorplan and there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference and my understanding is that the location is good too (especially if you get the right villa)?

Any info is appreciated
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:40 pm

About half of the standard WVs are on the sunrise side where the view is of the other island and the RWVs - not ideal for some. Also, those villas have no coral and no marine likfe around them so also not ideal. I suggest upgrading to a SWV.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:19 am

We are planning a trip there during the 2019-2020 festive season and I asked about the upgrade cost. Here's what I received. After looking at Wiki, the superior water villa seems to be good one. We are first timers to Maldives and 2 adults and 7 year old son. I appreciate any suggestion from the experts.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD114.21 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD355.31 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD621.79 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Family Water Villa - additional USD1065.93 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Premier Water Villa - additional USD3020.12 per night Inclusive of Tax
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
We are planning a trip there during the 2019-2020 festive season and I asked about the upgrade cost. Here's what I received. After looking at Wiki, the superior water villa seems to be good one. We are first timers to Maldives and 2 adults and 7 year old son. I appreciate any suggestion from the experts.

Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD114.21 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD355.31 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD621.79 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Family Water Villa - additional USD1065.93 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Premier Water Villa - additional USD3020.12 per night Inclusive of Tax
I would go with the SWV if you are looking at an OWV experience. The Deluxe Water Villa is not much of an upgrade over that, and I would shy away from the Retreat Water Villas unless you want to be on the main island.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Question for those that have stayed during the New Years Eve time period. We are planning our third visit for the festive season 2019-2020 and I saw the required supplement for $400++/adult for NYE dinner at the buffet restaurant on the main island. We are not really fans of buffet dinners and typically find minimal value out of NYE events like this so would prefer to not participate. With that context provided, I have a few questions for the experts here:

1. How “required” is the event? Anyway we can kindly decline and not pay the $1k or so for the two of us?
2. Are there typically other options we can participate in instead of the buffet - like a tasting menu at one of the other restaurants?
3. If this event is truely required and there are no other substitute tasting menu options, then how good is the event typically? Is the food freshly prepared? Are cocktails included? My expectations would be very low (like house beer and wine only included), but really hope I am wrong for the price that is being charged.

thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brodielayne
I was in 227 the beginning of November and saw hardly any of the corrosion that your pics are showing. I went back and looked at my pics to validate. The only place I saw any noticeable corrosion was at the beach near Mandahoo as well as the beach where the Deluxe water villas bridge starts. Curious how often they bring in the rigs to get the sand back on the beach?
Since 1.1 is "storm" the waves are so high that on several days all snorkeling activities were cancelled (3.1-6.1 e.g.)
Today I would assume that also no sunset cruise etc will happen. The waves are showing white tops all the time
Wind is 28-30kmh

That could be a cause for the fast corrosions

Last edited by aysoo; Jan 9, 2019 at 2:19 am
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by brandonpkt
Question for those that have stayed during the New Years Eve time period. We are planning our third visit for the festive season 2019-2020 and I saw the required supplement for $400++/adult for NYE dinner at the buffet restaurant on the main island. We are not really fans of buffet dinners and typically find minimal value out of NYE events like this so would prefer to not participate. With that context provided, I have a few questions for the experts here:

1. How “required” is the event? Anyway we can kindly decline and not pay the $1k or so for the two of us?
2. Are there typically other options we can participate in instead of the buffet - like a tasting menu at one of the other restaurants?
3. If this event is truely required and there are no other substitute tasting menu options, then how good is the event typically? Is the food freshly prepared? Are cocktails included? My expectations would be very low (like house beer and wine only included), but really hope I am wrong for the price that is being charged.

thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!
​​​​​​​2018/2019 was 480++ incl. buffet dinner at Atoll or a dining credit of 240$ to be used at Ithaa or Sunset Grill. Both had a Set Menu at 480++.
No drinks included. If staying over NYE the supplement will be automatically on your final bill, after dinner you only have to sign the beverage bill. No way to avoid this supplement.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy

Mine is much more expensive I'm a diamond member (if that makes any difference)

Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD132.81 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.12 per night Inclusive of Tax
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by dein_gesicht
Mine is much more expensive I'm a diamond member (if that makes any difference)

Water Villa to Superior Water Villa - additional USD132.81 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa - additional USD266.48 per night Inclusive of Tax
Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa - additional USD488.12 per night Inclusive of Tax
How is it much more expensive? Your rate for RWV and DWV is far cheaper. The SWV is only $20 more expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.