Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Thanks, so which ones exactly then did they renovate?
I don't know the exact numbers.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:25 pm

Also worth mentioning that it may coincide with this potential renovation of the smaller island so probably reef side is preferable but then a lot of the reef side ones aren’t renovated yet. So renovated vs not renovated / sunrise vs sunset?
Just ask for renovated + sunrise. That's all you can really do.

Darn these multiple renovations making things complicated!!
Darn First World problems, eh.

I wonder if they do close the smaller island, will they then move breakfast to Mandhoo like they did previously?
Worth a visit all in itself!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:51 pm

Kid’s Club

Read the helpful wiki and pretty much every single page of the thread to help us prepare for our first visit. Couple of questions on the Kid’s Club for our 4 year old son who is quite independent:

1) Does Majaa require adults to stay to accompany him for the activities even though he is independent? We hope to leave him there for a couple of hours a day so the wife and i can get some quiet time.

2) The daily lunch at the club I believe is chargeable; does anyone know how much?

Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:54 pm

No parents required to accompany kids for activities. I have a vague recollection it was $15++ but I really can't be sure about that. Best to email the resort for the current prices.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Just ask for renovated + sunrise. That's all you can really do.

Darn First World problems, eh.

Worth a visit all in itself!
Darn First World problems indeed! Well in fairness, I’m suffering from serious Rangali withdrawals since we haven’t been in a few years! Hence why I want to make sure it’s as good this trip as it was our last two trips - I have high expectations

If it was a choice between renovated sunset and non-renovated sunrise, which would you pick? Not sure how big the beach is on the sunset side, other than the low 100s which is tiny.

By the way, is the Junior Beach Suite no longer a thing? I haven’t seen it mentioned on the current CR website but it’s still on the wiki. Has anybody stayed in the Beach Suite? We had a tour when they were first launched but never stayed in one.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bacxow
Couple of questions on the Kid’s Club for our 4 year old son who is quite independent:

1) Does Majaa require adults to stay to accompany him for the activities even though he is independent? We hope to leave him there for a couple of hours a day so the wife and i can get some quiet time.

2) The daily lunch at the club I believe is chargeable; does anyone know how much?
1) Your son can stay there as long as he wants (during their opening times - 10AM-12PM / 2PM-6PM) by himself at no charge. The hourly charge mentioned by Maldivesfreak would only be charged for "babysitting" outside kids club hours or for younger children.

2) I never heard of "daily lunch at the [kids] club", the only time they have a lunch scheduled is when they go to make pizza once a week (Sundays 1PM-2PM)

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by aysoo
Domenico "Mimmo" Criscito plus wife and kids and his buddy daniele ruganj plus tv starlet michela persico staying on cash rate here. During aventure snorkeling he used his football skills and pushed by OH away to get a beter picture for his instagram... she lost her mask then, fair play.

their instagram profile is pure entertainment
They did seem like they were having a great time on the beach with the water sports guys most days. Didn’t realise they were celebs, they just sat in Rangali Bar on the beach most days and were really cool.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Heard a few more interesting guesses (definitely no firm plans yet) from staff just before we left. Seems there’s ideas/talk of taking away all the water villa on the sunrise side (so all would be on the sunset side only) reducing the total number of villas on that island down to just 25 (from about 50 I think currently) and making some of them 2-bedroom ones etc.

The octopus under our villa (named Dilbert) still wasn’t able to master anything beyond white/grey and purple, despite my best efforts of teach him. He did attempt an odd orange colour for me but clearly needs more practice as it was nothing like my shorts. He made zero credible attempt at doing my green shorts. In the end I spent a couple of hours before I left helping him make some overdue renovations to his house - collecting purple rocks for him, which he seemed pleased with and when I went back later he’d incorporated into the walls and turrets of his castle. (Fortunately there’s no Australian guests there - as that lot will barbie just about anything that moves. So there’s still a good chance of saying hi to him if you’re nearby.).
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by Splotly
Heard a few more interesting guesses (definitely no firm plans yet) from staff just before we left. Seems there’s ideas/talk of taking away all the water villa on the sunrise side (so all would be on the sunset side only) reducing the total number of villas on that island down to just 25 (from about 50 I think currently) and making some of them 2-bedroom ones etc.

The octopus under our villa (named Dilbert) still wasn’t able to master anything beyond white/grey and purple, despite my best efforts of teach him. He did attempt an odd orange colour for me but clearly needs more practice as it was nothing like my shorts. He made zero credible attempt at doing my green shorts. In the end I spent a couple of hours before I left helping him make some overdue renovations to his house - collecting purple rocks for him, which he seemed pleased with and when I went back later he’d incorporated into the walls and turrets of his castle. (Fortunately there’s no Australian guests there - as that lot will barbie just about anything that moves. So there’s still a good chance of saying hi to him if you’re nearby.).
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
n
I heart similar water villa island will be demolished and sold to make private. Build luxury bungalows only and charge 15000 USD/night .one resort in Maldives works on this highly exclusive business plan very successful.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EX Plat. Hyatt Glob
Currently on my 3rd day of 7, having an amazing time. Thanks to everyone for providing so much helpful information. If anyone has any questions about the resort, let me know. And I can try to find the answer for you.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:18 pm

From 50 to 38. Hmm, wonder why they'd consider doing that. I suppose they could recoup the lost revenue by having some 2-bdrm ones on the sunset side but they could do that anyway if they wanted. The only advantage that they would have is that area looking a lot better from the other side and saving money by not replacing them with new ones. Maybe they'd put some back there after a few years when they were more financially secure (since The Muraka has cost a fair bit and the removal and new villas will cost a lot as well). Here's to speculation.....
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Regarding Muraka, official price was 35mio USD . Staff however mentioned twice it was 50+ mio

I'm not a marketing expert but paying 250k/night after some pseudo influencer with 20-100k follower stayed there for free would put me off. If I pay that sum I want to be exclusive. Maybe follow a superstar singer whatever name to pick who got invited from conrad but not a little Instagram nobody
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by aysoo
I heart similar water villa island will be demolished and sold to make private. Build luxury bungalows only and charge 15000 USD/night .one resort in Maldives works on this highly exclusive business plan very successful.

Ohhhhh, losing small island would wreck the appeal of CR ...... now even more worried about July stay ....
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:30 pm

If it was a choice between renovated sunset and non-renovated sunrise, which would you pick? Not sure how big the beach is on the sunset side, other than the low 100s which is tiny.
Beach from 123 - 125 and up is pretty wide. If I regarded beach access as important (had young kids) I'd choose sunset / renovated.....but that would be my only reason to choose that side (as I've mentioned before, I couldn't bare to see the mess, every single day, that will be the taking apart and removal of 301 - 312). Unrenovated is fine for us because we like the old, brighter interior.

By the way, is the Junior Beach Suite no longer a thing? I haven’t seen it mentioned on the current CR website but it’s still on the wiki. Has anybody stayed in the Beach Suite? We had a tour when they were first launched but never stayed in one.
I suppose it could've been removed from inventory but the only reason I can see for them doing that would be because it's currently being renovated (so they're not allowing it to be booked).

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jan 5, 2019 at 8:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.