Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:46 am

Yes, a most useful post! Thanks for taking the time to write it.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Splotly
* eels – either by being extremely lucky or by being an experienced snorkeler that knows what to be alert for and where they are – I tend to see them only a couple of times during a 14 night stay
Those things look horrifying. Like a big, black snake in a bad mood.

Great post!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jphripjah
For what it's worth, I don't recall getting any chocolate when I stayed last month. Four pieces of fruit in room, sparkling wine, no chocolate. I wonder if the chocolate has been discontinued for everyone or maybe the hotel thinks I'm already too fat.
Arrived a few days ago. Received chocolate. My host actually pointed it out specifically and mentioned that they were "very good chocolates." Now if only they refilled it daily...
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:20 am
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
As per the wiki. "As a Diamond benefit you receive an additional 15 minutes extra to any single spa treatment (treatment has to be 1 hour or longer)", so it's not 30min extra.
The last I heard was that you get an additional 15min onto every treatment booked while at the Lounge although this may have changed. The benefits are cumulative.

6:10 is perfect. Check out this post for the reasons why.
Actually its 30 mins and i just got the treatment yesterday and no they dont stack
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:18 am
CDO
Suspended

I was there for one week stay in a SWV and was very underwhelming. Its more of 3-4 star resort with very kind and friendly staff but the hard product is dated and a bit sad. Their prices have been lowered to about $500 per night for WV but still probably too much. If anyone is looking for a luxurious experience this is a far cry from it and probably worth looking at other resorts in the area. This is not a 5 star resort by any means and will not be heading back unless they start charging less overall.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by CDO
I was there for one week stay in a SWV and was very underwhelming. Its more of 3-4 star resort with very kind and friendly staff but the hard product is dated and a bit sad. Their prices have been lowered to about $500 per night for WV but still probably too much. If anyone is looking for a luxurious experience this is a far cry from it and probably worth looking at other resorts in the area. This is not a 5 star resort by any means and will not be heading back unless they start charging less overall.
Properties at the higher end of the star rating scale are differentiated by the level of service provided, not the hard product, just FYI. A dated 5-star is still a 5-star.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:25 am

Has anyone stayed in the renovated DBV? Is it worth a paying to upgrade or is it not that much better than the BV? The plunge pool looks small and I dont think I would use it. I'm not sure if theres any other benefits to the DBV.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CDO
I was there for one week stay in a SWV and was very underwhelming.
Agreed that a paid rate or paid upgrade from a WV to SWV is a bit underwhelming even at $85++. Moved to a Retreat Water Villa and that certainly exceeded my expectations and would gladly pay for a WV to RWV upgrade in the future.

As far as the property goes, the food is better than I anticipated (though expensive for what it is) and the service has been fairly solid. Some minor quips include not remembering that I prefer paper napkins at breakfast or forgetting my room number on the 5th day of tea time --- real minor, but things that would simply never happen at a service oriented property like Conrad Tokyo. 5-star still IMO, but things need to be buttoned up and taken up a notch (recognizing people by name and not by room number being the biggest one).
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:12 pm

Thinking of going here (on points) with wife and 2 year old (I have diamond, she has gold) and had a couple of questions if people have similar experience.
1. Would breakfast be free for all 3 of us, or just 2 people?
2. Anyone gone here with a toddler? Does the resort accommodate request for warm milk (or warm up food/milk if we bring it), extra water/fruit or is every little thing chargeable? Would they be mad if just packed some fruit at the buffet for our toddler to snack on through the day?
3. Are there places you can fill up water (gym?) or are you basically ordering water bottles as you need?

This would be our first major trip with our toddler and a bit nervous since you are at the mercy of the resort for everything.
TIA!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:38 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sunshine213
Thinking of going here (on points) with wife and 2 year old (I have diamond, she has gold) and had a couple of questions if people have similar experience.
2. Anyone gone here with a toddler? Does the resort accommodate request for warm milk (or warm up food/milk if we bring it), extra water/fruit or is every little thing chargeable? Would they be mad if just packed some fruit at the buffet for our toddler to snack on through the day?
3. Are there places you can fill up water (gym?) or are you basically ordering water bottles as you need?

This would be our first major trip with our toddler and a bit nervous since you are at the mercy of the resort for everything.
TIA!
February 2017 We have been at Rangali 2 Adults + 2 Kids (17 Months and 4 yer old
Kids club is available for 3 year old kids
we didn't have pay anything extra for breakfast (Diamond benefits) I think they don charge kids under 12
at Grill bar if we ordered meal for adult we could order 1 free for kid

We use coffee facilities inside room to warm milk I never think to ask for it...I'm not so clever
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:27 pm

TIA!
We were there with a one year old and the staff always went above and beyond, to the point I felt bad (almost). They went and got bread and fruit etc at breakfast “for later”, a couple times in the afternoon they gave me a breadbasket and peanut butter packets at the bar for snacks for our daughter. We left her at the kids club one morning (paid babysitting) when we did a snorkeling excursion and she had a blast.
Dinner - they found out she likes fish and would bring a plate of grilled reef fish (plus a side), no charge. This was enough to feed her and one us (don’t want to waste food)!
Just make sure to pack enough diapers and stuff like that. We’re minimalist when it comes to toys (plus they gave her like three different plush sea creatures on arrival), but we brought an inflatable little pool for her to play in when we hung out on the beach. I gave it to some other guests with young kids when we left, maybe it’s still there being passed down.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:43 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by lhrhappy
Properties at the higher end of the star rating scale are differentiated by the level of service provided, not the hard product, just FYI. A dated 5-star is still a 5-star.
Don't think that's the case but anyways.

This is not a 5 star property and if you are looking for one I suggest One and Only resort in the Maldives for example. Then again prices are much higher there and the Conrad is charging about $500 for WV which I think is reasonable. As is often the case you get what you pay for. Speaking of prices I think food prices at the Conrad are very reasonable and not high at all. In fact I think they have room to increase them and probably should make them a bit higher. All in all a great place to unwind at reasonable rates.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CDO
Don't think that's the case but anyways.

This is not a 5 star property and if you are looking for one I suggest One and Only resort in the Maldives for example. Then again prices are much higher there and the Conrad is charging about $500 for WV which I think is reasonable. As is often the case you get what you pay for. Speaking of prices I think food prices at the Conrad are very reasonable and not high at all. In fact I think they have room to increase them and probably should make them a bit higher. All in all a great place to unwind at reasonable rates.
Yes it is the case - Conrad Maldives is definitely 5* . It might not be the most over the top resort, have the fanciest or newest villas, or ultra high daily rates but to me, what makes a 5* resort a 5* resort, is the ability to arrive at a hotel/resort, and if I choose to - not need to ever lift up or do a thing for the entire stay. For example, I arrive at at the Conrad, luggage taken care of, buggy to check in, buggy to villa, tour of villa by host, luggage arrives (sometimes even before I get there), too lazy to unpack my clothes - my host will do it. I might feel hungry - ring up for a buggy to drive me to a restaurant, lazy to get change clothes - ring up and order room service any any time of the day. Feel like a massage, get my host to make a reservation - later it's a buggy ride to the spa. Buggy ride back to villa or wherever I want to go on the resort. I have only taken a few steps in my villa at this stage and not yet lifted anything. Need a tour, ring up host. Need something, ring up and someone will come running to you with the things that you have asked for. Day of departure, repeat, host, buggy, luggage taken care of. Only walking - well between the departure lounge and the sea plane. Can I do that at a 3* or 4*? very very unlikely, unless it is a really really exceptional and solid 4* property in south east asia for example.

Gym provides bottled water as far as I remember however you won't need it as you can order more Conrad water to your room - its complimentary. Easiest option is to ask your room attendant to provide a few more bottles and they will do so - with a smile.

That said, it is likely you order Evian/Voss/San Pelligrino water at the restaurants though - and they take you for a nice ride, like around US$10++ per bottle - that said, we just order alcohol instead (as water is free back in the room at least).
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by CDO
This is not a 5 star property
Wrong. And I'm not saying that because I love the place. Show me a 4-star property that has Michelin-standard restaurants and exceeds the Conrad in every area. I wish you luck.

Originally Posted by CDO
Speaking of prices I think food prices at the Conrad are very reasonable and not high at all. In fact I think they have room to increase them and probably should make them a bit higher.
Not if you read the reviews on TA.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by captainamerica
Has anyone stayed in the renovated DBV? Is it worth a paying to upgrade or is it not that much better than the BV? The plunge pool looks small and I dont think I would use it. I'm not sure if theres any other benefits to the DBV.
There has only been one finished to date. The renovation period is May 15 – October 15 so some more will have been done by now I guess but how many I have no idea. You should email the resort and state your preference should you decide to arrive before all have been completed.
As for the pools, every one is a different shape and size. Some are really quite large and some are small. Again, email them and state your preference for the best chance to get one with a bigger pool.
And benefits; remember that the DBVs are twice as large and you really appreciate the difference once you've stayed in both. Hope that helps a little.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.