Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 4:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
AY misconnect forced an overnight at Helsinki. Passed on AY's proffered hotel (Holiday Inn, requiring a shuttle bus) in favor of the Hilton. Walk from the terminal was a bit brisk with temp at -22 c, but still very convenient (and certainly better than waiting for a shuttle). I had booked a King Plus via the app about 15 minutes earlier, at check-in, agent advised we were upgraded to Executive Plus. Room 502 - wonder if this was actually a Junior Suite? In any event, room was quiet, spacious, and comfortable, with tarmac views. Loved the sauna! Only negative was the absence of convenient power plugs or any USB charging ports. Had a very early departure, so passed on breakfast.

Overall, a very pleasant and convenient choice for an airport overnight.
I found the shuttle to the Holiday Inn to be pretty quick. It took less than ten minutes door to door. However, I do agree that there is nothing easier than the walk to and from the Hilton if you have an early morning flight.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 4:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I found the shuttle to the Holiday Inn to be pretty quick. It took less than ten minutes door to door. However, I do agree that there is nothing easier than the walk to and from the Hilton if you have an early morning flight.
It's not just the ride, it's the waiting at both ends. And I don't see any reference to in-room saunas at the HI
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:11 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Kacee, unable to like your post so a quick note to say thanks for the review. Agree it's a very nice hotel/option.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
It's not just the ride, it's the waiting at both ends. And I don't see any reference to in-room saunas at the HI
I do agree. There is no in room sauna at HI, only a sauna for all guests and it can be V busy. But the sauna in Hilton, never really seemed hot enough.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
But the sauna in Hilton, never really seemed hot enough.
I did notice a gap between the door and frame that let in cold air.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
AY misconnect forced an overnight at Helsinki. Passed on AY's proffered hotel (Holiday Inn, requiring a shuttle bus) in favor of the Hilton. Walk from the terminal was a bit brisk with temp at -22 c, but still very convenient (and certainly better than waiting for a shuttle). I had booked a King Plus via the app about 15 minutes earlier, at check-in, agent advised we were upgraded to Executive Plus. Room 502 - wonder if this was actually a Junior Suite? In any event, room was quiet, spacious, and comfortable, with tarmac views. Loved the sauna! Only negative was the absence of convenient power plugs or any USB charging ports. Had a very early departure, so passed on breakfast.

Overall, a very pleasant and convenient choice for an airport overnight.
My Husband loved the room with sauna too. And I like that Hilton, so convenient close to the airport and with prices often still reasonable. I had a long layover last December and for the first time I had the chance to use the lounge during "happy hour" and I found a good selection of food, snacks and beverages. I don't remember for the USB ports, though. I know I always charged my phone at the side of the bed but I can't remember which outlet was there.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Isn’t it the law in Finland to have a sauna in every dwelling?

I had a quick overnight stay at the Hilton a year ago. Was a bit of a blizzard out there (AY and airport were doing fine), so the semi-covered walkway to the hotel was a bit … chilly, but I would definitely book it again under the same circumstances. I just love the convenience of walking to the terminal and not having to rely on a shuttle bus. And the breakfast was nice. Perfect eggs
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.