Search

Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:53 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by chistery
Had a one night stay here due to an early flight out. Upgraded to an Executive room at e-checkin and had virtually the whole floor to pick from. At check in I was told my room wasn't available so got a double upgrade to an exec plus room.

Very nice room and hotel. Couldn't hear any plane noise and the first Hilton I've been at in ages where you can find a seat in the lounge in the evenings. Great staff too, and the lounge host was always checking to keep everything topped up and that everyone had what they needed. Had a lovely stay here.
Similar experience, nice lounge and breakfast, seems like the hotel was sort of deserted when you were there too.

Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Actually I think the rooms are much nicer than Hilton shows on their website where they look quite dull and boring.
And the sound proofing is great yeah

Otherwise very cold and boring place, only for early mornings or late arrivals overnight IMO
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by FFlash
Actually I think the rooms are much nicer than Hilton shows on their website where they look quite dull and boring.
And the sound proofing is great yeah

Otherwise very cold and boring place, only for early mornings or late arrivals overnight IMO
Yeah, only for one-nighters, but for really early mornings or late arrivals I would choose the Glo Airport. Hilton is best when you are able to utilize the lounge (within opening times).
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:28 pm

had a lovely stay at this hotel for 1 night. Was upgraded to executive floor on a P&C stay (as HHonors Gold).

Evening canapes was from 5-8pm in the exec lounge. 2 hot selections to choose from. Beer and wines were there. Lounge closed at 10pm.
Continental breakfast starts from 3:30am and was able to grab a quick bite before heading for 6am flight. (since the SAS lounge in T1 won't open until 9:45am on a Sunday).

Sauna is at the basement level. Towels, soap, etc are provided.

It's about 7 mins walk to T2 and 10 mins walk to T1
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by khkchan
..Sauna is at the basement level. Towels, soap, etc are provided.
They also have several rooms (on floors 3 & 4, if I recall correctly) which have a nice sauna inside the room
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by carpediem22
They also have several rooms (on floors 3 & 4, if I recall correctly) which have a nice sauna inside the room
I can't remember which floor they are on, but yes it is the Executive Plus rooms with the in-room sauna. The normal Executive rooms do not have the sauna.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:10 am

We stayed in one of the Exec plus rooms last week on the 5th floor which was an upgrade from a king plus room. Sadly no time to try the lounge out as it was only a quick 6 hour overnight stay. We are there again tonight, but no pre arrival upgrade this time. I'll reserve judgement on the hotel until this next stay as the first one was too brief. It seemed nice but with no exceptional stand out features other than its distance from the airport terminal.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Has anyone walked to the mall near this hotel? Is it a feasible walk in the spring/summer?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:38 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by steveholt
Has anyone walked to the mall near this hotel? Is it a feasible walk in the spring/summer?
If you mean Jumbo+Flamingo, the walking distance is 3.3 km taking some 40 minutes according to Google maps, but the route proceeds along the main streets. Are there paths for light traffic I do not know. Instead you could take bus # 415 or 615 saving over 20 mins...
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by steveholt
We walked there from the HI Vantaa Airport. It took about 15 minutes, but we have two youngish kids who wanted to mess about in the snow (in February). We got to the HI Vantaa using a free shuttle bus that serves the airport hotels further out. So use the free shuttle to one of the hotels near the mall, and walk from there.

The mall was not that great, but I don't enjoy shopping!
Old May 5, 2017, 1:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Anyone know what the lounge is like in the evening? What are the timings for example and offerings?
Old May 5, 2017, 3:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Anyone know what the lounge is like in the evening? What are the timings for example and offerings?
Last time I was there it was quite busy - Saturday night - but the food (lots of meatballs) and booze was kept topped up. I vaguely recall () still being there at around 10PM enjoying food and vodka. Not sure how I made the early flight the next morning!
Old May 6, 2017, 11:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
They will put the food offerings available at 6PM and take them away around 8PM.
The beer, wine and booze will be available from 6PM to 10PM. The lounge will close 11PM.
Last time I saw a note there that breakfast is not any more offered in the lounge (I can imagine only few people was using it as they always offered the choice to eat also downstairs) and everyone are guided to have the very nice breakfast at the restaurant.

Usually the food at the lounge consists of two warm dishes (seen good big meatballs, falafel, spring rolls, elk/reindeer meat, vendace, soup) , a few different salads with sauce (tuna, shrimp, ham), a selection of cheese, rice cakes, rye bread cracker (hapankorppu), sliced vegetables.

Only once I saw croissants, cinnamon rolls etc. during the day. Usually they have only fruits and Fazer confection (Geisha, Blue, Fazermint)
Old May 22, 2017, 2:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Last time I was there it was quite busy - Saturday night - but the food (lots of meatballs) and booze was kept topped up. I vaguely recall () still being there at around 10PM enjoying food and vodka. Not sure how I made the early flight the next morning!
Seemed strict 6-8 pm last weekend and moderately busy. Things were kept stocked and clean which I commented on positively to staff. Food was pretty good as mentioned in immediately previous post and I cancelled dinner reservation since I had to get up early for 6:30 am flight. Hotel was supposedly fairly full but it didn't seem like it--restaurant was nearly empty at 8 pm.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by LassiJ
They will put the food offerings available at 6PM and take them away around 8PM.
The beer, wine and booze will be available from 6PM to 10PM. The lounge will close 11PM.
Last time I had a milage run with junior and checked-in at 22:20. Offerings were taken away, but check-in desk called lounge to take care of us. Once upstairs there, an attendant came to us ask what we wanted to have^ Junior just wanted to have a coke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.