Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by kkong42
I remember an elevator (lift) half way through the walk between terminal and the hotel which could be used instead of the only flight of stairs on the route.

The lift is just before you come to the Finnair building when leaving the terminal.
It has been part of a renovation for some time and it is clearly noted on the website:
From 1st of March 2018 until 30th of November 2018 the elevator in the walkway from the Helsinki Airport terminals to the hotel will be out of service. This is due to the construction work in the area. There are stairs and a ramp available for guests arriving from the terminals, and there are signs to lead the way. The temporary walkway is not suitable for guests moving with a wheelchair or physically challenged guests. Arriving to the hotel with luggage cart is possible by the ramp. For guests who are unable take the temporary walkway to the hotel, we recommend to consider taking a taxi from the airport. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have stayed at this one seven times in the last two years. I agree that it is wonderfully convenient to the terminal. It can be pricey but if you are able to plan ahead and wait for sales, or use points, the cost/benefit analysis is often favourable. The staff are always friendly and effective. As HH Gold, I have always (week-ends or week-days) got the upgrade to the Executive floor. I have been a satisfied customer and I will continue to stay here if/when I have a late arrival or early departure. However, I can't let this go unchallenged:

Originally Posted by aks120

... in the lounge ... [t]he white wine served was of great quality ...
You are of course entitled to your own (crackpot ) opinion but I would say that on a scale of 1 - 10 the wine in the lounge, both white and red, is no better than '3' or '4' -- i.e., far from 'great quality'.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Stayed here a few months ago and agree with recent posters. Location, service, Exec Lounge, views, and early breakfast option make this place a winner. Gym was nice, too, but treadmills need replacing.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed here as needed a layover before continuing on to Tokyo. Welcomed as Diamond and given an Executive Room and 4PM checkout - both were appreciated. The lounge is fine but the white wine is not nice. The red is a little better and there is a small selection of spirits. Food is fairly basic but enough for a light supper.

Breakfast is only served in the lounge Tuesday to Friday so we used the restaurant and it was pretty good.

The construction work means that the route to the hotel is subject to change and is a little more challenging with heavy cases as there is now a ramp to navigate.

Overall a solid choice.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by henry999
. However, I can't let this go unchallenged:

You are of course entitled to your own (crackpot ) opinion but I would say that on a scale of 1 - 10 the wine in the lounge, both white and red, is no better than '3' or '4' -- i.e., far from 'great quality'.
Interesting I am back here again tonight and the white wine is very different to the one I had last time. So maybe they had a random set of bottles out during my last stay - this time I completely concur it is an average white wine at best

Regards
aks120
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I've stayed here a few times on overnight connections and have really positive impressions of the property.

I have an upcoming stay where I arrive fairly late on 12/24 (9:30pm) and don't depart on a flight until 8:00pm on 12/25.

Does anyone have experience with late check-outs at this property? I wouldn't normally push the issue, but my understanding is there's nothing to do in town on the 25th, so can't really think of what else I could do. If they make me check out, I assume I'd hang around the lobby for a few hours before I'm able to check-in and then use the lounge at HEL.

However, if the 25th may be slow, I'm hoping they'll be kind. Before I inquire, I'd appreciate any feedback/insight.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:24 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I don't think they'll have a problem with you staying in the hotel lounge

If you have lounge access at HEL via your flight or airline status then you should probably be able to check in at the same time as checking out?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: M&M mainly
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I've stayed here a few times on overnight connections and have really positive impressions of the property.

I have an upcoming stay where I arrive fairly late on 12/24 (9:30pm) and don't depart on a flight until 8:00pm on 12/25.

Does anyone have experience with late check-outs at this property? I wouldn't normally push the issue, but my understanding is there's nothing to do in town on the 25th, so can't really think of what else I could do. If they make me check out, I assume I'd hang around the lobby for a few hours before I'm able to check-in and then use the lounge at HEL.

However, if the 25th may be slow, I'm hoping they'll be kind. Before I inquire, I'd appreciate any feedback/insight.
If you leave from non-Schengen part of the HEL airport and have access to premium AY lounge I would head there as food and drinks selection is much better.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President

We had an evening flight out of HEL in May and managed a 4PM checkout after much begging! However as we had been upgraded to a suite that was booked we had to change rooms.

Stayed there again this week and decided to take the train into the city which took 25 minutes. Plenty to keep you busy for a few hours.

The Premium Lounge gets very busy between 3-5PM as that seems to be when a lot of flights to Asia are leaving.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP

Slow is probably just the first letter of what's happening in Helsinki City on December 25 during daytime. That said, I personally enjoy walking around the City, there are many beautiful building designs to admire. If weather is nice, spending some hours in town might be an alternative. In either case, ask for latest possible check-out, but be prepared to leave your room at 4 PM. Asking for it, you can have key cards revalidated for lounge access, until you want to take the short walk over to the terminal.

If flying AY, you can check in bags any time during the day, if needed, to ease your passage later. The AY premium lounge is nice, but without any windows, so despite nice offerings, gets a little dull after a while. The Hilton EL, oth, is on the top floor, with magnificent views of apron/runways.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
My kids had a great time in the snow in one of the parks near Hilton Helsinki Strand (where we were staying - also recommended). First good deep snow they'd experienced meant first proper snowball fight!
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I had a couple of stays at this hotel recently. I must say even though I am not really a fan of the room furniture I quite like this hotel. As Golds we had 100% upgrade success to Executive Rooms. The breakfast is great and has plenty of vegan and gluten free options.

Last edited by florens; Oct 1, 2018 at 12:27 am
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Stayed there one night in August. Prepaid for 110€. Got a bigger room as a silver. You can see that this hotel is 12 years old. Everything is a slightly worn. But the location is tough to beat.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, AA 1MM, HHonors DIA
I've had two recent stays as a Diamond at the Hilton Helsinki Airport.

First stay was for a Day Room, arrived at 09:00 and was upgraded to a two room suite with sauna. Was offered Diamond breakfast on the day room rate at the restaurant (open until 10:30) or Executive Lounge.

Second stay was overnight and was upgraded to a King Executive room with Sauna. The evening offerings at the EL were a bit sad; droopy mozzarella sticks and some strange flavored chicken skewers (I think they were going for satay). The breakfast at the restaurant is fine, everything you'd expect except the fruit selection was minimal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.