Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Arrived at 5pm digital key not loaded
Exec suite available for sale but won’t offer it to me
My allocated Jnr Suite now not available and nothing else available presently (?]
Ask whether 1417 is free (its a larger room at the end of the corridor ) and told its reserved but they’ll check with a manager if they reallocate — after a few minutes it’s allocated to me
Lounge is quiet and the afternoon tea offerings are sparse
Lounge set up after 6pm - it’s a pretty poor offering - individual pasta penne dishes with mushroom sauce or meat
One bowl of rocket and cheese and bread dips and veg - and hot food alas is barely tepid
Not many guests mix of city types working , a few tourists and two tables of families (guess Spanish ) kids look bored and sleepy bless them
No Baileys told no longer supply it in the lounge
Havent recognised any member of staff
Ho hum
hmmmmm a bit so so yeah?....... it's so up and down there , not surprised no longer baileys......the way the cheap upgrades were pouring it down their neck over Xmas !.......and it's the folk like us who are are now can't indulge in a glass or two.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by wizla
hmmmmm a bit so so yeah?....... it's so up and down there , not surprised no longer baileys......the way the cheap upgrades were pouring it down their neck over Xmas !.......and it's the folk like us who are are now can't indulge in a glass or two.
Lounge emptied out and the one member of staff to be fair did an excellent job of tidying up , restocking food and helping guests
No turndown service , newspaper in the morning or welcome gift in the room
Had breakfast in the lounge - very quiet , well stocked and managed to work the coffee machine (the coffee is excellent )
I ’ll file this this stay under my ‘meh’ stays lol
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I hope it picks back up, I like Canary Wharf and have had some great stays there. I do worry about the way some "guests" treat the lounge. Seem to be seeing those intent on drinking as much as possible more often, not fair on Hilton, Staff or other guests when it is abused.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
I hope it picks back up, I like Canary Wharf and have had some great stays there. I do worry about the way some "guests" treat the lounge. Seem to be seeing those intent on drinking as much as possible more often, not fair on Hilton, Staff or other guests when it is abused.
its definitely getting worse at weekends and holidays, I've stayed there for the last 7 years at Xmas and had some great times in that lounge, my only guess is that the management see the cheap upgrades as some sort of loss leader to generate further stays , trouble is - the real returning customers , myself, maxandclade, paul h and a whole bunch of others who I've spoken to are now restricting their stays here.
To be fair izzy camball ( the manager) is a lovely bloke......he's apologised a few times about the now rowdy lounge but this doesn't fix what's happening...........I now only stay mid week and Sunday nights....it's such a shame.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Can someone let me know the exec lounge times for breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening drinks/canapes please? (I will be staying on a Saturday night)

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by davrossuk
Can someone let me know the exec lounge times for breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening drinks/canapes please? (I will be staying on a Saturday night)

Thanks
yep....... BREAKFAST 7-11am........AFTERNOON TEA 3 - 6pm....... HAPPY HOUR - 6 - 8pm

get to the lounge early for happy hour as it npcan get busy on Saturday nights with families!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles

yep....... BREAKFAST 7-11am........AFTERNOON TEA 3 - 6pm....... HAPPY HOUR - 6 - 8pm

get to the lounge early for happy hour as it npcan get busy on Saturday nights with families!
Thank you
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:52 am

its definitely getting worse at weekends and holidays, I've stayed there for the last 7 years at Xmas and had some great times in that lounge, my only guess is that the management see the cheap upgrades as some sort of loss leader to generate further stays , trouble is - the real returning customers , myself, maxandclade, paul h and a whole bunch of others who I've spoken to are now restricting their stays here.
To be fair izzy camball ( the manager) is a lovely bloke......he's apologised a few times about the now rowdy lounge but this doesn't fix what's happening...........I now only stay mid week and Sunday nights....it's such a shame.
We had a similar experience at Tower Bridge that put us off for a good while. We were sat having a drink or two and then a large-ish group set up shop near us, and asked if they could use a spare chair from the table. No problem, we thought. Then one of group got on the phone rang his mates and said something along the lines of....."Yes, we're staying at the Hilton. Why don't you all come over. Exec Lounge is on the 19th Floor, come up and I'll let you in". 15 minutes later two large family groups arrived and hoovered up everything on offer. When I raised this with management they apologised and said they couldn't have someone in the lounge all the time checking the bona fides of the guests entering.

Compare and contrast that with the time we invited our daughter to meet us at the Exec Lounge at the Deansgate Hilton and were told in no uncertain terms that she could come in but we would get charged if she consumed any food or drink. I guess we shouldn't have asked about it in the first place.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Pjh104
We had a similar experience at Tower Bridge that put us off for a good while. We were sat having a drink or two and then a large-ish group set up shop near us, and asked if they could use a spare chair from the table. No problem, we thought. Then one of group got on the phone rang his mates and said something along the lines of....."Yes, we're staying at the Hilton. Why don't you all come over. Exec Lounge is on the 19th Floor, come up and I'll let you in". 15 minutes later two large family groups arrived and hoovered up everything on offer. When I raised this with management they apologised and said they couldn't have someone in the lounge all the time checking the bona fides of the guests entering.

Compare and contrast that with the time we invited our daughter to meet us at the Exec Lounge at the Deansgate Hilton and were told in no uncertain terms that she could come in but we would get charged if she consumed any food or drink. I guess we shouldn't have asked about it in the first place.
Its annoying isn't it....... I'm always respectful and don't take advantage, maybe that's why I get so cross when I see bad behaviour........ I remember once at Hilton Heathrow T5 a few years back everything was fine , peaceful and pleasant and then these two families turned up and ran riot!......I mean it was horrendous, drunk, food fights with the kids.....the mother filled two take away coffee cups with gin and still had the nerve to ask for more ( dragon refused! ) ... many of us complained but the dragon was on his own and wouldn't deal with it...... I grabbed 2 bottles of Budweiser and bailed to the bar downstairs ....... I was just waiting for the manager to complain that I can't take drink from the executive lounge out to the bar and I would have had great pleasure in telling him why!.
The thing with Hilton Canary Wharf is it's actually a really great hotel with regards to service, executive upgrades and they really look after you in general, every aspect is very good , it's just the rowdy lounge that spoils it......utter shame.

Last edited by wizla; Jan 19, 2018 at 11:46 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC, Hilton Hhonors Diamond
Maybe we’re being too quick to judge here. I’m here now, on a Friday night, and all is calm in the lounge. Maybe tomorrow will be rowdier, but just now there’s a good vibe and plenty of good behaviour!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tat28
Maybe we’re being too quick to judge here. I’m here now, on a Friday night, and all is calm in the lounge. Maybe tomorrow will be rowdier, but just now there’s a good vibe and plenty of good behaviour!
This is probably the quietest weekend of the year tbh.

Just after Christmas and the week before pay day for most people who were probably paid early in December whilst the flexible friends first statements of the year are starting to drop through the letterboxes.

Enjoy the peace and tranquility whilst it lasts.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Tat28
l have found Friday to be generally quieter than Saturday nights, I've had the odd rowdy night there on a Friday but there appears to be less risk, Sunday nights ( excluding bank hols ) are always quiet and also during the week it's quiet too with generally corporate folk in attendance ......of course I've had the odd "ok " night on a Saturday too but it's rare.
At weekends most of the corporate guests leave Canary Wharf and the hotel offers very cheap executive upgrades to everyone hence making the the lounge busy and sometimes rawkus......however I'm glad it's going well for you, it really is a nice lounge when it works.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:43 am

Dave Ross - there you go .....
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
I have an upcoming reservation for Hilton Canary Wharf in early March, an extended weekend reservation.
We'll arrive rather late on Friday evening, around 20:30-21:00, will the lounge be open for us to grab a cup of tea before bed or does it close after the "Evening Cocktails"? I know this differs from Hilton to Hilton in London.
Good to have all the information in this thread, I was fortunate to have the same resource of information prior to our stay at Hilton Wembley in December.
I'll report back regarding the Saturday evening was rowdy or not.

EK
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Such a shame if this happens in a lounge, I have seen it, and I am not being rude but is it more prevalent in the UK than Europe? It is a shame for other guests and staff who have to try to handle unreasonable behaviour. It always amazes me people are that desperate for a drink, when they fill bags etc, have a quick walk and some fresh air to the local Tesco!
chrism20 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.