Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Two last stays of the year this weekend (

Preupgraded to Exec Suite several weeks ago

Emails from Lounge Mgr and Guest Relations Mgr received day before seemed smi personalised

Suite has bottle of red wine , chocs and the seasonal candy cane on my arrival
Turndown service has provided me with a bag of shower gels (!]

Lounge busy for afternoon tea - very little left
Still scared by coffee
machine lol !

Lounge is full by 6.15pm and remains busy still
Usual Friday night hot food ,Cava seems to be very popular (Im sat near the drinks )
Seems a mix of Pete Tong concert goers,Christmas shoppers but only two families with very behaved children occupying the sofas - overall good vibe not noisy and three staff replenishing everything relatively quickly
Bumped into two regulars good to catch up and share recent Diamond experiences lol
thanks for the report, I'm there the day after Boxing Day for one night......last Xmas lounge was busy and rowdy, hopefully it will be quieter this year.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by wizla

thanks for the report, I'm there the day after Boxing Day for one night......last Xmas lounge was busy and rowdy, hopefully it will be quieter this year.
Darn I'm the 26th -stayed last Sunday - hotel very quiet - upgraded to Jnr Suite this time (Exec Suite was occupied )
Lounge busy at 6pm but soon emptied
Great Mac and cheese and salads but run out of Baileys !
Lounge closed for breakfast this week and probably next week
Back on Friday -back in Exec Suite -fingers crossed
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:26 am

Here tonight - preupgraded to Exec Suite
Nice plate of Xmas desserts and bubbly in room !
Large container of bath salts to use later
Lounge was quite of afternnon tea
Intially quiet - usual Friday night food offerings just less of them and odd chunky chips Dessert dish looks yummy hoping theres some left ...
The area by the food is now occupied by an extended family whove rearranged tables and chairs accordingly - it would be incredibly quiet here without them . Perhaps Im a grumpy tired man lol
Mst pour an early Baileys ...
wizla likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 2:40 am

I'm here the day after Boxing Day ( 27th Dec ) ...... not stayed for a while so could be interesting, booked two Double guest rooms and not yet upgraded but it's early days.......will do usual live trip report!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:26 am

Arrived 2pm both rooms ready, first time I've used digital key......quite novel........ it's rooms nice, only one robe in each.....chocs , candy canes and Xmas card from staff.......huge bed, comfy and clean.
affter a walk around the shops we went to afternoon tea in the executive nursery........pretty much walked out again, very busy , crumbs left , no milk for tea , no staff to be seen.......kids running riot.
took a coffee back to room and went for a sauna......empty as usual, steam room wasn't hit enough ( it's rubbish ) .
now back in room contemplating if to bother going to the lounge tonight or not.........maybe I will poke my head in to see the offerings for you guys , if it's quiet I will stay , if not I'm off to Greenwich for dinner ( I have my mother and lady with me )....... will report back!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:11 am

....Lounge fairly quiet, it's 6-10pm........seems better organised than earlier......

CANAPES- bangers and mash - scotch eggs - cold meats - nice looking salads , crudits and a good cheeseboard.

BEERS- Heineken and Asha

SPIRTS - jack Daniels, rum , chinzano, gin , scotch whisky and baileys.

WINE - red , white and cava.

few more people arrived, will report back!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:23 pm

.......ok...... basically it's chaos in here, rammed with drunken families, I'm not gonna go into to detail but it's like McDonald's on a Saturday afternoon, it's rawkus and unpleasant....last time I'm staying here at Xmas!...... now off downstairs for a meal.....will report back!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Good luck!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:19 pm

Thumbs up

.......ok...... basically it's chaos in here, rammed with drunken families, I'm not gonna go into to detail but it's like McDonald's on a Saturday afternoon, it's rawkus and unpleasant....last time I'm staying here at Xmas!...... now off downstairs for a meal.....will report back!
Yup sounds like my last stay which is why i cancelled my booking for last night
One guest invited three families in who took over the area by the food and drinks - parents even took spirit and cava bottles their tables and cleared the hot food that wasn't replenished
The alcohol was removed swiftly before 8pm
The joys of the holidays and a poorly managed access policy...
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Yup sounds like my last stay which is why i cancelled my booking for last night
One guest invited three families in who took over the area by the food and drinks - parents even took spirit and cava bottles their tables and cleared the hot food that wasn't replenished
The alcohol was removed swiftly before 8pm
The joys of the holidays and a poorly managed access policy...
Yes mate, it was horrendous!........ the bangers and mash looked lovely but ther was a little boy sticking his finger in the mash and licking it........drunken parents on the sofas behind us ( all 12 of them ) talking the spirit bottles to their own table...... I lost count of the times I heard broken plates.
We grabbed our drinks and bailed to the bar downstairs, I had the steak which was very nice......my mother had soup and my lady the vegetarian club sandwich......we all agreed it was nice......nice vibe too but more importantly it was quiet and we could hear ourselves speak.
retired to bed at 10pm so up early, today I will sauna and then breakfast.......will report back

Last edited by wizla; Dec 28, 2017 at 12:40 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
This is the reason we no longer stay at Hilton Canary Wharf for leisure weekends now.
When we have a weekend in town we look forward to a nice lounge atmosphere not a zoo or creche and have had similar experiences to the ones Wizla states above.
Shame as it is a very nice hotel otherwise with good rates at the weekend
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
i'm staying tonight so will report back on the creche!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv
i'm staying tonight so will report back on the creche!
hey, hope your experience is better than mine, it really was a mess last night!.

sauna empty, gym had two people present, breakfast was very busy and had to wait for a table but one soon became available, tea took ages to arrive but everything else was good.
checked out at 10-30 am, used express check out and I'm swiftly on my way.

CONCLUSION - still a great hotel but terrible lounge during holiday season, we definitely will not be staying again next Xmas or Easter ........ I may do a few midweek stays next year but wouldn't recommend weekends or holidays.

ROOM NO - 1322 and 1323

NEXT STAY - Hilton Cambridge ( I'm here now )
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
a few well behaved kids at 7pm. went back at 10pm and a large group of "lads" being very loud surrounded by empty bottles. hardly relaxing!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:27 am

Arrived at 5pm digital key not loaded
Exec suite available for sale but won’t offer it to me
My allocated Jnr Suite now not available and nothing else available presently (?]
Ask whether 1417 is free (its a larger room at the end of the corridor ) and told its reserved but they’ll check with a manager if they reallocate — after a few minutes it’s allocated to me
Lounge is quiet and the afternoon tea offerings are sparse
Lounge set up after 6pm - it’s a pretty poor offering - individual pasta penne dishes with mushroom sauce or meat
One bowl of rocket and cheese and bread dips and veg - and hot food alas is barely tepid
Not many guests mix of city types working , a few tourists and two tables of families (guess Spanish ) kids look bored and sleepy bless them
No Baileys told no longer supply it in the lounge
Havent recognised any member of staff
Ho hum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.