Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Currently enroute approaching alaska on a ba flight from Tokyo to London

App shows an upgrade to a jr suite

will post more after arrival this evening

Regards

Tbs
I can recommend 205 if you have a choice, it’s very close to the gym ( no noise issues) and it’s an easy slip through to the sauna behind in your robe
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Got upgraded to an executive suite (1407)
staff have a christmas jumper on
delays on the Elizabeth line from Heathrow so took the picadilly and jubilee lines

regards

tbs
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Got upgraded to an executive suite (1407)
staff have a christmas jumper on
delays on the Elizabeth line from Heathrow so took the picadilly and jubilee lines

regards

tbs
Oh really, that’s even better!…..there is only one executive suite and I’ve only been upgraded to that room once in over 100 stays, great suite and only a few steps away from the executive lounge.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

It is an excellent room. Had a good night's sleep after a light cycle in the gym
bedside clock is 1hr fast
Nice sofa insome living room( additional sink and toilet)
Having breakfast downstairs which is very good.
Weather outside is lousy with lots of rain
will work out again before checkout at noon and trying the Elizabeth line back to lhr (originally on the 1615 to edi but was cancelled and rebooked onto the 1745 ( previous flight offered was 1145)
Nice biscuits in the room.
late check out of 1pm given
lounge in the morning has coffee, soft drinks, biscuits and fruit

Regards

Tbs
wizla likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Dec 9, 2023 at 4:40 am
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:50 am

I’m here tomorrow night, two rooms booked back in November ( double guest rooms) and both preupgraded to executive rooms about a week ago.
Just done OLCI to two rooms on top floor.
Purely here to relax, here with my elderly mother and she is quite frail so we probably won’t leave the hotel except perhaps a short walk after breakfast.
Will arrive around lunchtime as visiting family in the nearby east end…. Will do the usual gym , sauna and lounge in the evening.
Will also do live reporting for you folks……
Old Dec 28, 2023, 9:24 am

Arrived just before 3pm, car parked and up to the FD we go.
One room ready the other not so we bail to the executive crèche ( see what I did there? ) for tea whilst we wait.
Didn’t stay long as it was somewhat unrelaxing with the children running up and down playing , luckily digital key arrived on my phone for the second room and we make a swift exit.

KING EXECUTIVE ROOM - both rooms are in good order , ours ( my lady and I ) is at the end of the corridor and is slightly larger although the furniture arrangement is a little odd.
Two robes and sets of slippers, nespresso machine, etc.
Thought I’d pop down for a sauna but unfortunately both the sauna and steam room appear to be not working, phoned down to ask and simply told “ they don’t know “ and put the phone down….charming.
So far not a particularly enjoyable stay, nothing really bad but a few annoyances .
Will probably have a soak in the bath instead and attend the lounge later….will report back!
Old Dec 28, 2023, 1:27 pm

Went back to check on sauna, it was still off but steam room working, had a nice steam and chat with a Canadian guy , unusual to see the spa busy.

EXECUTIVE LOUNGE - we arrived 6pm, it was surprisingly busy yet kinda pleasant.
A mix of folk , got chatting to an Australian couple who are touring the uk, enjoyable evening, good service, nothing ran out, nice canapés.

SPIRITS - no change ( see earlier reports)

BEERS - Budweiser and peroni ( non alcohol )

WINE - red , white and a nice prosseco

CANAPÉS - reasonable cheeseboard, falafel and beetroot nuggets with a chickpea sauce, Korean chicken with ranch sauce, cold meats .

Now service has finished we are off to the bar for a nightcap and snacks…will report back!
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:33 pm

Bar menu same as before when we stayed in the summer, I had some Korean chicken wings with steamed vegetables ( was nice ), my mother had the fish and chips and this was apparently nice too, my lady had pizza and felt this was undercooked a little.
Nice evening, the couple who were in the lounge joined us for a nightcap and this pleasantly rounded off the evening, now back in the room about to retire.
Will report back in the morning…..
Old Dec 29, 2023, 1:36 am

……. Slept well although pillows a bit on the thin side for me, popped to lounge on way to steam room this morning to grab a coffee ( just one guy present) .
Sauna is still off but steam room plenty hot enough, I generally avoid steam rooms as they are a breading ground for germs but it was empty this morning and I was the first one in…… it’s nice.
Breakfast is 7- 11am until January 2nd every day I’m told…… will pop down there shortly…..will report back!
Old Dec 29, 2023, 12:13 pm

BREAKFAST - was crazy busy, certainly not a relaxing affair but staff coped well and was very organised, it was so busy they had set up tables in the bar.
Noticed no longer musli available and no Greek yogurt too , this is now cheap pots of mediocre yogurt.
Had grapefruit segments, granola and a small cooked breakfast, it was tasty and fine….hot food was very hot.

CHECK OUT - done this via express check out on my way down to car park ( middle lift required/ floor -1 )

CONCLUSION - my rollercoaster love affair with this hotel continues , it has some annoying issues but yet I strangely look forward to my stays here.
My stay was okay but the couple we was talking to in the lounge have stayed here since Xmas eve and have had many issues and made many complaints, some of the things simply shouldn’t happen in a 4 star hotel, apparently they have listed this on tripadvisor.
Would I stay again?….. yes of course but going forward I think I will avoid holiday times.

ROOM NO ‘s 1417 and 1419

NEXT PLANNED STAY - nothing planned.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Standard Room Booked £144 Saturday 10th Feb
Upgraded in advance to an Executive Room 13th Floor. (Diamond).
Advised them in advance of partners birthday treat weekend .

Checked in on line , no digital key received until 1630, not a problem as we arrived at1700.

No Diamond Amenity or Note in room.

No recognition of Birthday despite email saying they would do something .

Received a text message asking if our room was OK shortly after arrival.

Responded saying it was OK but tired with a few maintenance issues : Big crack in sink , badly worn fittings , damage mirror in bathroom , cracked tiles , grubby shower frame, odd stains on ceiling like an exploding coke can etc .

Had a very brusque email back saying that they “were sorry we felt that way about the room “ and that there were no others we could be moved to . The tone of it was annoying .

Someone then banged on the door and came in without waiting , took a picture of the sink and left . It was all very odd . The other half was asleep!

Breakfast was a Zoo . No breakfast in the Executive Lounge . Queued for 18 mins for a table . No at table service through out . No cutlery or salt pepper , got those ourselves . People on sofas in lobby area and at bar having breakfast . Food items Were fine when they were available . The staff really struggled. Not a relaxing or quality experience . No one cleared our table , no offer of drinks .

Evening Executive Lounge Canapés . Full lounge but pleasant . The single staff member worked her socks off and I thanked her, the cold selection was really very good and frequently restocked . Two hot options , some scraggy chicken wings and tiny spring rolls which I did not bother with . A good selection of spirits and wine . Nothing in the afternoon . No staff engagement at all . Sad as I remember there used to be a very personalised service in the lounge in the good old days .

I really would not rush back I am afraid .
NoY, hugolover, the810 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by simonsmith; Feb 12, 2024 at 11:05 am
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by simonsmith
Standard Room Booked £144 Saturday 10th Feb
Upgraded in advance to an Executive Room 13th Floor. (Diamond).
Advised them in advance of partners birthday treat weekend .

Checked in on line , no digital key received until 1630, not a problem as we arrived at1700.

No Diamond Amenity or Note in room.

No recognition of Birthday despite email saying they would do something .

Received a text message asking if our room was OK shortly after arrival.

Responded saying it was OK but tired with a few maintenance issues : Big crack in sink , badly worn fittings , damage mirror in bathroom , cracked tiles , grubby shower frame, odd stains on ceiling like an exploding coke can etc .

Had a very brusque email back saying that they “were sorry we felt that way about the room “ and that there were no others we could be moved to . The tone of it was annoying .

Someone then banged on the door and came in without waiting , took a picture of the sink and left . It was all very odd . The other half was asleep!

Breakfast was a Zoo . No breakfast in the Executive Lounge . Queued for 18 mins for a table . No at table service through out . No cutlery or salt pepper , got those ourselves . People on sofas in lobby area and at bar having breakfast . Food items Were fine when they were available . The staff really struggled. Not a relaxing or quality experience . No one cleared our table , no offer of drinks .

Evening Executive Lounge Canapés . Full lounge but pleasant . The single staff member worked her socks off and I thanked her, the cold selection was really very good and frequently restocked . Two hot options , some scraggy chicken wings and tiny spring rolls which I did not bother with . A good selection of spirits and wine . Nothing in the afternoon . No staff engagement at all . Sad as I remember there used to be a very personalised service in the lounge in the good old days .

I really would not rush back I am afraid .
The good ole days are gone I’m afraid, not just here but at many Hilton’s.
Stays here nowadays are very inconsistent, to be fair it’s sometimes great too but the glory days of afternoon tea in the lounge and long happy hours are long gone.
I find midweek stays are significantly better than weekend ones and the lounge is a lot more quiet and more pleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.