Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by sarahluv
i might see you in the lounge!
Just left lounge, was that you, sitting near buffet tv?.... white striped top?

Arrived noon, no preupgraded but upgraded to exec room by lounge staff.......room nice, new style lock to accommodate digital key entry......super king bed ( comfy ) good aircon.
Got boat to bankside, now back from afternoon tea in lounge, didn't indulge as late lunch but looked nice.

SANDWICHES- ham and cheese......smoked salmon and veggie option ( looked Locke roast peppers).

CAKES - Scones, jam and clotted cream .....some chocolate muffins and brownies.

Lounge half full with folk having paid afternoon teas, nice vibe!.....new nespresso coffee machine in lounge, nice coffee but takes ages to make!.....I can see queues forming......now off for a sauna, lounge again later.....will report back!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:37 am

........sauna lovely, steam room waste of time ( not hot enough ) ....... gym had three people present but sauna /steam area it was just me.......now back at room, will pop up to lounge at 6pm, my gut feeling is it's gonna be busy, dunno why, maybe past experience of weekends here is on my mind, that said let's see........will report back!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:08 am

Lounge is quiet but slowly filling up, seems ok.

CANAPÉS- egg quiche- chicken skewers - nice looking salads - crudités and a fair cheeseboard with crackers and bread.

BEERS - Asahi and Heineken

SPIRITS- whiskey, gin , brandy and baileys! Yes baileys is back!.....I few others as well.

WINE - red , white and cava.

......will report back!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:13 am

A few photos......
Attached Images      
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:21 am

........ it's now half full , this has happened in the last 10mins....generally nice vibe....will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Sep 30, 2017 at 11:22 am Reason: Negative comment removed
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:39 pm

Lounge was full at one point it's now emptying out a bit, gotta say it's been a great night so far, plenty of staff on , service has been great, lounge manager came and asked if all ok, food good, drinks never ran out........can't complain, got chatting to a couple of other diamonds, had more wine, bit tiddly ...yep....great night!

Last edited by wizla; Sep 30, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:17 pm

Just to say - fri and sat nights booze finishes at 8pm, however food until 9pm.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by wizla
...gym had three people present but sauna /steam area it was just me...
Hi wizla,
Great photos - reminds me that I'm booked in here for 2 nights (midweek) late October. I have stayed here a few times but never used the gym. Is it decent? How many treadmills does it have (i.e. am I likely to get on one with no waiting!)
Cheers
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Hi wizla,
Great photos - reminds me that I'm booked in here for 2 nights (midweek) late October. I have stayed here a few times but never used the gym. Is it decent? How many treadmills does it have (i.e. am I likely to get on one with no waiting!)
Cheers
Gym is fairly small but usually empty albeit sometimes one or two people present, I've literally just been for a run on one of the two very good treadmills in there.....it's pretty much two of everything with some free weights, machines and a good pulley rack ( multi purpose)....... sauna is through the door at back of gym and this is nearly always empty, forget the steam room it's rubbish.

Great night in lounge, I left around 9-30pm and was one of the last to leave , it's open until 11pm but they start setting up for breakfast around 9-30 almost as if it's a hint to leave.
Slept well due to the comfy bed and the cava I consumed last night, managed an hour on the treadmill this morning .......Gym empty , then sauna and shower ( sauna empty too ).
I also popped to lounge just now to grab a coffee and whilst I have a nespresso machine at home I think I prefer the old coffee machine they had in the lounge as this one takes ages!.....it's also quite complicated to work, yes insert pod , no problem but so many buttons to press, gonna cause some confusion and there will be queues........it also takes ages to pour.....would be great at home but to confusing for joe public.
Now off to breakfast downstairs in the restaurant, was great last stay back in July, let's see..........will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Oct 1, 2017 at 2:09 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:22 am

Diamond club freeloader - there you go....
Attached Images      
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:25 am

And some more......
Attached Images      
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Diamond club freeloader - there you go....
Many thanks wizla ^^
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:28 am

Breakfast was fairly busy but no waiting for seats, no complaints except cold plates.....usual hilton breakfast affair, finished with coffee in lounge.....was gonna go for a walk around the dock but it's grey and rainy.
Checked out 11am, no issues, handshakes and goodbyes, they are genuinely friendly staff here.

CONCLUSION- I did say I wouldn't stay here again last year at weekends but I took a punt on it hoping it's improved, it has.........maybe I got lucky as the lounge had no screaming kids, no drunk people and a nice vibe....oh and the service was good too........great stay and will return midweek or weekend.

ROOM NO- 1220

NEXT PLANED STAY - Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam airport ( 25-10-20)

Last edited by wizla; Oct 1, 2017 at 8:29 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade

Just left lounge, was that you, sitting near buffet tv?.... white striped top?
not i! i was sitting in the middle reading the FT!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv
not i! i was sitting in the middle reading the FT!
Ah, I think I remember walking past you on my way out......dark coloured suit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.