Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Kauai Beach Resort {US-HI} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kauai Beach Resort {US-HI} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:28 pm

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
MSnowdon: Hello from another HB resident. I would have said HWV hands down but since you've already been there you know what you are going to. Kauai is VERY mellow and I've never stayed at the property that is the new Hilton resort. If you just want to chill Kauai is awesome and Hanalei is the greatest little town but HWV is great for kids....Wish I could be more help. I am hoping someone has stayed in Kauai with kids and can help out. I'd love to know about Hilton Kauai for own purposes since I have a 7 year old and would like to know how it rates for kids.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 6:03 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, OnePass, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
When did Kauai Beach Resort open? Trying to plan our honeymoon for August '07 and I never heard of this property...
Old Sep 14, 2006, 7:13 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zachs18
When did Kauai Beach Resort open? Trying to plan our honeymoon for August '07 and I never heard of this property...
It doesn't open until Nov. 1. See the Hilton Web site for details.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The Kauai resort is nice, but keep in mind the only swimming you'll be doing is in the pool, and the pool isn't that great (nothing compared to HWV). The beach is not swimmable....WAY too rough. I stayed at the Kauai Beach Resort a few years ago, right after Radisson bought the place and renovated it. It was just the wife and I, and we had no complaints. Very nice rooms, and beautiful hotel lobby. Hotel grounds were decent (keep in mind Hilton is making some major improvements right now). But for me personally, I think the most important decision to make is what does the island offer. Kauai is a lot more laid back and quiet than the other islands, and really your kids might get bored. I would think the HWV would be considerably more fun to your 4 year old than the Kauai Beach Resort. I know my 4 yr old son would have been bored to tears at the Kauai Beach Resort.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
How far away is a swimmable beach from the Kauai resort? The website states that the hotel is 5 minutes from the airport - would we need a car for the whole week (like HWV), or just for a day or two of exploring (like HHV)?
Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I haven't stayed at the Kauai Beach Resort (reservation for November), but the big piece here is that the islands are very different. At a guess only I would say the hotel / pools at Waikoloa are probably better, but the beaches in Kauai are better.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:58 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by tvelinsk
How far away is a swimmable beach from the Kauai resort? The website states that the hotel is 5 minutes from the airport - would we need a car for the whole week (like HWV), or just for a day or two of exploring (like HHV)?
Thanks for your help!

closest swimmable beach is not far from the airport (swimmable only because it's protected by a breakwater), however it's definitely not the nicest beach, and most probably not the one you'd want to spend the most time at. Both Hanalei and Polihale are awesome beaches (the latter being somewhat deserted simply because of its' remoteness, but it's worth the bumby drive through the cane fields to get to it!). And yes...in my opinion you'd want to rent a car for the whole week, as there's plenty to do and see outside of the hotel. Keep in mind that nothing is within walking distance of the Kauai Beach Resort.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Just making sure you are aware of the longer-term going global awards that went into effect this year.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Hilton Kauai Beach Resort

I am looking to book an ALON award for the new Kauai Beach Resort. I called in July, and was told to call back in September. I just called the Diamond desk again, and now am told to call back in November. Has anybody booked an award stay here, or are they really not available yet?
Thank you!
Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:03 pm

Programs: Plat Delta
I booked a regular stay, and plan to have it changed to an award stay for my visit in April. Diamond desk said I could.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 5:31 pm

I've been checking the web site for a couple of months, but award stays are not coming up yet for Feb. I'm glad to know there's still hope of booking one.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:13 am

The website listing is different today that it was last week for the Kauai Resort. Now it says it is taking reservations for October 20, 2006 and beyond. Last week is said end of November. Maybe we can book reward stays sometime soon. Looking to book the first part of our honeymoon for next august.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 2:28 pm

Award nights are now loaded--at least for early in the year. Didn't check for later dates since I'm looking at Feb-March.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:17 am

Looks like its available for August '07 in time for my honeymoon. I have never booked more than 1 night of reward stays. Should I book online then call up to get the points adjusted (I'm going to book 7 nights)? Or should I just do the whole thing on the phone?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: Plat Delta
Originally Posted by zachs18
Looks like its available for August '07 in time for my honeymoon. I have never booked more than 1 night of reward stays. Should I book online then call up to get the points adjusted (I'm going to book 7 nights)? Or should I just do the whole thing on the phone?
I would do it all on the phone for simplicity.

I just switched my booked stay in early April to a reward stay. I got a point stretcher award. Yup, six nights in Kauai for 144K points. Even the DD rep was amazed and thrilled for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.