Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Kauai Beach Resort {US-HI} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kauai Beach Resort {US-HI} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2006, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
If I booked a standard reservation now, then it would most likely get converted over later and I could then add in my HH# correct?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 3:00 am

here is a link for photos of the property

http://www.photowebusa.com/kauai/
Old Apr 17, 2006, 7:18 am

Cool - I booked through a travel agency and was able to find a $160 rate for later this year. I'll add my HH# when it fully converts.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I stayed at this place in 2004 after getting it cheap via PL. I was bidding in an attempt to get the Sheraton - but ended up in the Radisson. It wasn't horrible or great, the price was right at below $100/night.

The one plus for the hotel, IMHO, is the location. It is nice to be halfway between the north and south shore beaches.

My Kauai'i tip - make the pain in the arse drive out to the Polihale State Park! You will be rewarded by an incredible beach with very little people around ...
Old Apr 17, 2006, 5:13 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
There's nothing wrong with this property per se, and the location is arguably the best on the island. Two miles from the airport, halfway between north and south shore.

HOWEVER, the property as it stands now is really out of synch with other over the top Hiltons in Hawai'i.

This property was opened as a Hilton in the 80's, and it was for example in synch with the old Hilton Kona of the same era. They'll need serious renovations to be on par with the Waikoloa, HHV for example.

Oh, and just FYI. This property will follow the current condotel model, meaning rooms will be sold and owned individually. Selling prices are $200 - $400k. Price includes extensive renovations which are not included in the $25M upgrades mentioned by Hilton. The $25M covers only upgrades to the grounds and public areas, including an executive lounge.

Again, it's a perfectly nice property, far nicer today than when Hilton gave it up the first time. Assuming 'reasonable' prices I'd certainly stay there.

Lihue1k
Old Apr 17, 2006, 7:16 pm

Has anyone seen a schedule for renovations? I am booked to go in November and hope they are through by then. I stayed at the Waikoloa Marriott in March and the place was like a war zone.

It's too bad they didn't keep the Kona Hilton. I'd much rather stay at Kona than in Waikoloa, even if the place was much smaller.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Any further info?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:54 am

I've notice on the Hilton site you can book stays starting after Nov 1. Has anyone be able to book an award stay?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
I talked to the Diamond desk last week and they said we could start booking reward stays on September 1st, for stays beinging November 1st.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Category 6

...and for what it's worth, this property has been rated a Category 6 / 40k points/night hotel ...making it as costly as the other Hawaii properties.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:00 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
A category 6!!!??? Are they serious??? This better be one HECK of a renovation, as I stayed there in 2001 when Radisson had just completed its' own renovation and no WAY would I burn Cat. 6 points for this place! Don't get me wrong...it's a nice hotel in a good location, but I really can't see how they can justify it being a Category 6, as it's definitely not category 6 "nice". Granted it's the only Hilton on the Island, so you really don't have a choice if you're dead set on going to Kauai, but it just bothers me that they consider this a Cat. 6. No way is this place on the same level as many of the other tropical Cat. 6 hotels (Maldives, Barbados, HWV, etc)

Last edited by ajcopley; Jul 24, 2006 at 3:03 pm
Old Jul 24, 2006, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by tvelinsk
I talked to the Diamond desk last week and they said we could start booking reward stays on September 1st, for stays beinging November 1st.
Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 1:02 am

You can now book reservations at this property. I checked for thanksgiving week and the rate was $210 which is higher than the rate I booked for the same time when it was a Raddison ($160)
Old Sep 10, 2006, 1:42 am

Programs: MARR Plat, RCC, UA1K MM Nat EX Elite HH DIA 2 Bks B/Chip Stamps
i stayaed at the Marriott on Poipu beach in Kauai last yr and it was spectacular. Good to know there is an Hilton alternative but it does sounds lacking by those who've stayed or seen it.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 9:36 pm

Hilton Kauai Beach Resort or Hilton Waikoloa Village

Taking the family to Hawaii this coming summer 2007, and I want the Waikoloa Village, wife is interested in the Kauai Beach Resort, which one do you think would be best for a 4 and 1 year old?

Wife wants to add, that the wife and myself have been to the Waikoloa Village for our honeymoon.

Thanks

Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.