Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
I've booked three nights in the Centennial Suite in Feb 2020. I'm guessing an upgrade to the Conrad Suite is totally out of the question?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Any idea what a good price for a standard room at the Conrad goes for ?

Want to book my honeymoon before Citi 4NF gets capped in Sept but can’t decide if 274 SGN a night in June is a good price. Hilton is currently having an Asia pacific sale. It’s nonrefundable.

Never would i book almost a year out but given that Citi 4NF gets capped in Sept, I want to book everything before then. I plan to use that benefit at least 6 times on this trip before all the negative changes
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor

Want to book my honeymoon before Citi 4NF gets capped in Sept but can’t decide if 274 SGN a night in June is a good price. Hilton is currently having an Asia pacific sale. It’s nonrefundable.

Never would i book almost a year out but given that Citi 4NF gets capped in Sept, I want to book everything before then. I plan to use that benefit at least 6 times on this trip before all the negative changes
274 SGD is a decent rate at the Conrad. Not the cheapest you'll see but not the most expensive either.

A lot depends on the days of the week you'll be staying, generally speaking weekends are cheaper than weekdays. It's certainly not uncommon to see rates in the 225-250 SGD range, especially weekends, however it's also not uncommon to see 350-400 SGD during the week, especially if something is going on.

You can do a dummy search at Hilton.com using the flexible dates feature, scroll through the calendar for 2, 3, 4 night stays, etc., this will give you an idea of how the rates fluctuate.

I just pulled up my email confirmation from my last stay, 2 night weekend stay in May booked about a week in advance, 268 SGD per night, but this was the Aspire rate that provided a 130 SGD credit.
Shadowfactor likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:46 am

Link to the sale? The only sale I see says you have to stay by the end of February.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
274 SGD is a decent rate at the Conrad. Not the cheapest you'll see but not the most expensive either.

A lot depends on the days of the week you'll be staying, generally speaking weekends are cheaper than weekdays. It's certainly not uncommon to see rates in the 225-250 SGD range, especially weekends, however it's also not uncommon to see 350-400 SGD during the week, especially if something is going on.

You can do a dummy search at Hilton.com using the flexible dates feature, scroll through the calendar for 2, 3, 4 night stays, etc., this will give you an idea of how the rates fluctuate.

I just pulled up my email confirmation from my last stay, 2 night weekend stay in May booked about a week in advance, 268 SGD per night, but this was the Aspire rate that provided a 130 SGD credit.
It’s a Tuesday - Saturday stay.

I was considering staying on points but we are leaving Singapore at midnight on the 4th night. Doesn’t seem worth it to burn the “free” night by using all points when I can pay for 4 nights get a 4NF from citi and request a late checkout. Even if I paid extra for a super late checkout it would still be advantageous I think.

i stalked the calender every single week until next June. The lowest I’m seeing is $264 SGN a night but it’s the Members only sale which is flexible. Not a huge difference there since I don’t really care about the flexibility as all my other travel plans are nonrefundable.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Link to the sale? The only sale I see says you have to stay by the end of February.
i dont have a link. I assumed that.

When I search the hotel and bring up the booking screen. On the last splash screen before the price details page. The higher rate is crossed out and the lower rate written in orange . I’ve only ever seen this if there’s a current sale on the hotel room.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:53 am

i dont have a link. I assumed that.

When I search the hotel and bring up the booking screen. On the last splash screen before the price details page. The higher rate is crossed out and the lower rate written in orange . I’ve only ever seen this if there’s a current sale on the hotel room.
If you're referring to the "Honors Purchase Advance Discount" that is not a sale per se. You can do much better than 15% off BAR when there are periodic sales.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:56 pm

A bunch of hotels are coming up as "sale" but I don't know if any current one.
I take 274 as my base Conrad SIN rate but it can get cheaper with a real decent sale. If it's next year I'd hold out still.
Shadowfactor likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by psgfan12
It seems that the hotel is quite busy on weekdays.

I checked out on the Monday 10 days ago and got a 3pm check-out ( I'm a Diamond member). It seems this is the maximum they will give for free, I didn't ask about the fee to extend tough I had mentioned a 10pm flight.
Got a complimentary 5:00pm check-out fit today. I am a Diamond

TD
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Got a complimentary 5:00pm check-out fit today. I am a Diamond

TD
Nice!!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
booked base room as Diamond and looking at NOR1 upgrades for Centennial Suite, currently quoting at SGD225/night.

should I select the upgrade now ? Or can I "game" it by waiting to be upgraded to Exec Room and hopefully price for NOR1 to Suite will drop ? Or is NOR1 not available on day of check in ? (seems to differ from property to property ... or could be a time zone thing)
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:03 am

Is this strange??

Right here right now. In the lounge, Fabulous staff and service. Faultless. 6 window tables with views of Singapore, yet one is occupied by a man who has pulled the blind down and is watching videos on his pc. Is this me, or is this slightly strange?? No prizes for guessing the nationality ..... ( sorry, put it down to previous experience)
craig44485 likes this.

Last edited by Vardomannen; Jul 11, 2019 at 1:23 pm Reason: Spelling error in title!
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by wantan
booked base room as Diamond and looking at NOR1 upgrades for Centennial Suite, currently quoting at SGD225/night.

should I select the upgrade now ? Or can I "game" it by waiting to be upgraded to Exec Room and hopefully price for NOR1 to Suite will drop ? Or is NOR1 not available on day of check in ? (seems to differ from property to property ... or could be a time zone thing)
T-3 days to check in, seems I've been upgraded to Exec Room from base already as NOR1 to suite is now SGD150 and there's no NOR1 to Executive (previously SGD90).

Any advice if I should just select the NOR1 now or does anyone has experience / tips of getting an even better rate ? Quite reluctant to email the property, past experience in other Asian properties they would reply with an up sell rate similar to Hilton website BAR which is much higher.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Here now on a 7 night points stay. Upgraded to executive king before OLCI. Asked nicely on arrival and got Centennial King suite for 3 nights. Also got 4pm checkout for last day, and offered use of lounge, pool and showers later as we have a late flight home. Staff have been excellent throughout.
Must admit to making good use of the lounges to offset prices for drinks out in the real world.

Found out that champagne is available with breakfast on 31st floor, and beer, wine and champagne available from 12 noon until 8pm. Spirits and cocktails from 5:30 to 8pm along with canapés. Drinks are served to table. Food is all help yourself buffet
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
CR Singapore has always been a favorite of mine. Looking forward to returning in February. Appreciate the recent updates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.