Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2023, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by txmikedc
Had a wonderful call with on-site reservations yesterday regarding our stay in March 2024. Called to take advantage of the $200 off $1,000 Amex offer and my $250 Aspire credit that expires at the end of this year with the card changes. Made deposits on my room to take advantage of both giving me $450 in free credit on our free stay (5 nights on points and 2 FNCs). Agent reported that Humu should be reopened in November. All construction will hopefully be done when we arrive with spa construction slated to be done in “Spring.”

I tried calling the property to use my $250 Aspire credit on my room also booked on points. I was transferred around 4 or 5 times and was told that’s not possible.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Epnawd
I tried calling the property to use my $250 Aspire credit on my room also booked on points. I was transferred around 4 or 5 times and was told that’s not possible.
HUCA. I've made advance deposits for "incidentals" several times at GW for award rooms.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 4:13 am

Programs: All
Delete
Zolor23 likes this.

Last edited by ma_zeoli; Dec 27, 2023 at 4:22 am
Old Nov 13, 2023, 8:11 pm

Thanks for all the great advice! Heading here for a week from Dec 24-30. I see some 110k night rewards opened back up so I jumped on.

First question - Anyone know when NOR1 requests will pop up on the app? Typically one week before? I was almost willing to pay full price for a Napua club suite as we will be bringing MIL with us (wife and 2 daughters 9 and 11) and didn’t really want to be cramped in, but I might just use some rewards to snag her an adjoining room.

I see on our reservation on the app that it cannot be cancelled (at least on the app) Is this typical of a points stay or is this specific to this property still 7 weeks out? We booked 6 nights for 550k (5 nights plus 1 free) but we were going to hit the Hilton aspire FNC and I might try and rebook since some more award availability popped up

Anyone else going Christmas time? We will do a few days at the resort, but a few days adventuring as well
Old Nov 13, 2023, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dracord
I see on our reservation on the app that it cannot be cancelled (at least on the app) Is this typical of a points stay or is this specific to this property still 7 weeks out? We booked 6 nights for 550k (5 nights plus 1 free) but we were going to hit the Hilton aspire FNC and I might try and rebook since some more award availability popped up

Anyone else going Christmas time? We will do a few days at the resort, but a few days adventuring as well
I think the cancellation policy is specific to this property - I'm also staying here right after Christmas along with some other hotels in Oahu and in LA, but I can still cancel those bookings until the end of the month. I managed to do exactly what you were planning (rebook a points booking with FNCs) right before the cancellation policy kicked in here at the GW though.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by txmikedc
Had a wonderful call with on-site reservations yesterday regarding our stay in March 2024. Called to take advantage of the $200 off $1,000 Amex offer and my $250 Aspire credit that expires at the end of this year with the card changes. Made deposits on my room to take advantage of both giving me $450 in free credit on our free stay (5 nights on points and 2 FNCs). Agent reported that Humu should be reopened in November. All construction will hopefully be done when we arrive with spa construction slated to be done in “Spring.”

How long did it take Amex to credit the $250 resort credit?

I also had an offer spend $200 get $80… wonder if that will also trigger it.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:47 pm

$250 Aspire Credit

Originally Posted by ma_zeoli
To use the $250 Aspire, send an email to : [email protected]

I've done it many times...
I just sent an email, will update when they reply, thanks for this!
Old Dec 15, 2023, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by rylanbrown1997
I just sent an email, will update when they reply, thanks for this!
It seems that post brought an influx of people trying to use their credits before their trips. I emailed about a week ago and their response was super quick, including a question on how I got the email address in the first place. They were more than willing to take the deposit over the email still, so highly recommend this method.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Are these deposits refundable?
Old Dec 16, 2023, 6:15 pm

Got a notification that Humu was open and made a reservation there for the last day of our trip. Anyone been yet? Hoping they got all the kinks worked out

Also still wondering when paid/discounted upgrade options typically hit the email if available - one week before stay?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Diamond here staying Dec 24-29

NOR 1 offerings per night:

$600 for King/Queen Napua club
$700 OV King/Queen. Napua Club
$1029 Wailea Suite

Looks steep? Or am I out of touch?
you think it’s better to ask for paid upgrade upon check-in, or will they provide the same amounts?

what does Napua club get you?

thoughts?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by KL808

$1029 Wailea Suite

you think it’s better to ask for paid upgrade upon check-in, or will they provide the same amounts?

thoughts?
Read around this thread for the many, many, many discussions on the Napua Club.

Given the list price for the standard Napua room is 1500-2000 per night, seems like a pretty good deal. Unless I am missing something.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:26 pm

I sent yesterday and still have not get a reply yet. hmmm
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:41 pm

Just another quick update. I called the resort and the lady in the reservation was really nice. Everything went smoothly.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by KL808

$1029 Wailea Suite

thoughts?

What did you decide? Almost same thing for me 24-30th as diamond booking standard 110k points. Was offered complimentary ocean view 2 bed upgrade at check and same NOR1 upgrades about a week ago. At check in they offered $300/night napua club 2 queen ocean view option. 9th floor we decided to take it
KL808 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.