Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:00 pm

is the grand sunday brunch still operating?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Boringbarry
is the grand sunday brunch still operating?
No and there's no buffet at all yet any day.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by drekin
No and there's no buffet at all yet any day.
Too bad we were looking forward to the Sunday buffet it was a highlight last time we were there
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:41 pm

There is some availability next May I want to book, but my Hilton free nights won't arrive until February. I heard you can book the rooms with points and then convert to free nights, but does anyone know if I can book a terrace room with cash, then cancel, and reserve once I have the certs? Don't have enough points...
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:41 pm

Do diamond members get access to the napua (or omo) lounge regardless of the room booked?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by radtechtraveler
Do diamond members get access to the napua (or omo) lounge regardless of the room booked?
No to Napua Tower. As discussed here many times, there are some specific exemptions written in the T&Cs, Napua Tower is one (Rome Cavalleri's Imperial Club, and Conrad DC's Sakura are the others). They are NOT Executive Lounges, they are separate buy in Clubs only).

The Omo is not open yet, (and won't be for several more months, as I understand it), so we don't know what the rules are there, but my sense is no, it will be buy in only.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
No to Napua Tower. As discussed here many times, there are some specific exemptions written in the T&Cs, Napua Tower is one (Rome Cavalleri's Imperial Club, and Conrad DC's Sakura are the others). They are NOT Executive Lounges, they are separate buy in Clubs only).

The Omo is not open yet, (and won't be for several more months, as I understand it), so we don't know what the rules are there, but my sense is no, it will be buy in only.
the Omo lounge is open now and you can have access to it for $250 per night
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by radtechtraveler
the Omo lounge is open now and you can have access to it for $250 per night
Is that per person or per room?
What do you get with the lounge? Breakfast, happy hours, etc?
Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:04 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Is that per person or per room?
What do you get with the lounge? Breakfast, happy hours, etc?
Thanks.
I can find surprisingly little clarity by poking about, although almost certainly a per room charge, intriguing if the $25+$25 daily food and beverage credit can be used.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Omotenashi Club Lounge Package (grandwailea.com)

Here's some more info...what glares at me is that it is non-refundable but may be limited due to capacity restrictions...so you might pay for it and not be able to use it? And it does clearly state "per room", so the same whether you are 1, 2, or 4? Will kids be allowed in? Lots of unanswered questions.

Whoa, I just clicked on "book now" and it seems to be thousands per night...not sure if that includes the room rate...yep, it does look like it is $250 added onto the room rate.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Sep 7, 2021 at 2:45 pm
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:45 am

$250 is reasonable if it includes breakfast, considering breakfast is $50pp.

We have a week stay on points in Feb. Wondering whether or not we can add this option to our reservation.

Last edited by asdfghjk; Sep 9, 2021 at 6:51 am
Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:15 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I went old school and actually called: breakfast and then hors d'oeures (at least some alcohol, don't know how open the bar is) with the lounge only open during those times. I guess it really doesn't matter if the $50 credit can be applied to the $250 as we have found it no problem at all to blow thru $50 merely drinking at Botero's, not to mention that they aren't exactly giving away drinks poolside. I don't think I'd want to do this for a long stay, but as this time we are using the GW as transitional, I am tempted for no other reason than the imported and rebuilt Japanese teahouse must be a delight.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:41 pm

I have an upcoming stay and when i asked the guest ambassador that reached out about the possibility of paying to upgrade to Napua (as Ive done in the past) I was told it would be closed due to remodeling around the botero bar area. I was offered the OMO lounge as a paid upgrade.

the schedule sounds similar to NAPUA

(Copied and pasted from my email)CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST 7 am – 10 am
COCKTAILS, HORS D’OEUVRES & DESSERTS 4 pm – 7 pm
PERSONAL CONCIERGE Daily
I do not arrive for 3 more weeks so came here to see if anyone had visited it yet. My last login to flyer talk was 2014
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by stacylee
I have an upcoming stay and when i asked the guest ambassador that reached out about the possibility of paying to upgrade to Napua (as Ive done in the past) I was told it would be closed due to remodeling around the botero bar area. I was offered the OMO lounge as a paid upgrade.

the schedule sounds similar to NAPUA

(Copied and pasted from my email)CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST 7 am – 10 am
COCKTAILS, HORS D’OEUVRES & DESSERTS 4 pm – 7 pm
PERSONAL CONCIERGE Daily
I do not arrive for 3 more weeks so came here to see if anyone had visited it yet. My last login to flyer talk was 2014
I was told by the front desk last week when i called that if you are staying in the napua tower you got access to the omo lounge
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:22 pm

Self parking?

When I booked the fees were $45 for self parking and $65 for valet, I have read reviews on ta stating due to renovations they are valet only. Could any recent stays confirm this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.