Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Metropole {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2001, 12:03 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I've stayed at this hotel twice in the past year (November/March). I used some of the cheap internet rates, and felt it was a good value overall. I can comment towards the front desk staff being variable at best, but did get an upgrade to an executive room both times without asking (HH Gold).

Overall, I feel it's a good value for your money if you stay on an internet rate, but it seems like if you are willing to pay more for better services/rooms, don't hold your breath for any good service.
Old Jun 24, 2001, 10:47 pm

Location: Vienna, VA - VS Silver, Hilton Gold, Amex Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Gold Upgrade at London Metropole ??

I just read a trip report about the Langham and wanted to find out if people think faxing the hotel a few days before will help secure a gold upgrade for rooms already booked on the club level at the London Metropole? Any possibility of being upgraded to a suite, and if they have no availability as it is peak season in London what should I ask for instead. I am staying 7 nights in 2 rooms so not a cheap stay so I should get something right?? Let me know as I am so new to all this miles etc, and am so looking forward to free stays and free flights!
Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2001, 6:10 am

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
I am a Diamond and got once a nice 2 room suite, second time just a executive floor. At first time I was checked in by a manager of the check in. I was originally in a other room, but he changed it at check-in without me asking it. At second time, it was just "ordinary" check-in staff and they were not able to upgrade me to a suite.
Old Jun 26, 2001, 12:34 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Did you check Hilton Value Rates? You have to ask on the phone. We got that hotel for 76 GBP, inc buffet breakfast, upgraded to Towers with Gold. Did not ask for Suite. Others have gotten good rates also by paying ahead. Good luck. I understand the Club Room has been expanded - it was quite small. Rooms were really fine, however, and location good for the tube.
Old Jun 30, 2001, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked a well priced breakaway with twin business room and my gold vip got me an exec. with free dinner... not bad.
Old Jun 30, 2001, 12:14 pm

Visited in early May, Hilton weekend rate of £65.54 including breakfast, upgraded to King executive room with Gold status. Agree with Karen2 about access to the Edgware tube.

Some posters have complained about the inconsistency of service at the front desk and restaurants.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Hilton Metropole in London - Form over Function

This hotel sure looks great! I just wish it was as operational as any other similar hotel.

The U.S. and Euro electrical sockets at my desk look nice, but they didn't work. (The electrician finally got around to fixing it).

The staff in the executive lounge could see on their terminal that I was an HHonors member, but they couldn't see what level I was at. Be warned that you have to carry your Gold or Diamond card around with you at this hotel. The staff also couldn't tell that I was in a Club room, even though I was on a Club floor.

The bathroom amenities look nice. Colorful shampoo, bath gel and soap in thin test tubes. But actually getting the stuff out of them is a bit more difficult than it should be.

The conference facilities in the new West Wing look marvelous. But the audio staff has been having a tough time of it with the microphones and speakers.

The staff of three Concierges look fine standing at their desk. They aren't too busy since the guests have learned that they can't answer the simplest question. They cannot even be relied upon to return a call. One of them had to go to the computer to tell me where one of the conference rooms was! I've since learned where they all are, why couldn't the concierge? I've learned to look everything I need up on the web as it's much faster and more reliable that the concierges at the Metropole.

Old Aug 6, 2001, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I stayed there for 5 nights 3 months ago, the person at the Executive Lounge had a paper computer printout of those entitled to use the lounge. Every time we entered we just gave our last name and they checked us off the list.

Don't know if that list actually indicated our status level (Gold) or just showed who was entitled to the lounge.

But I never had to show my HHonors card.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 6:40 pm

I was there in May and staff at the Executive Lounge asked for my room number. All the info was in the computer, including Gold status. They remembered me on subsequent visits during the same stay, so no problems. Perhaps that's the problem - no consistency?
Old Aug 6, 2001, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Make sure you were not charged for internal phone calls! That was one of the problems in October. Otherwise, we liked it fine. Got a terrific rate and free buffet breakfast besides being upgraded to club floor on Gold.
Old Aug 7, 2001, 12:19 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
And the shampoo in those long thin containers will absolutely kill your hair!!!!! I thought it was the water - but its the shampoo
Old Aug 7, 2001, 6:44 am
DOC 2 BE

We just stayed there and did not get that shampoo. Either they changed it for the hotel, or they don't supply it to an Apt. Suite that we received for our stay. Our bathroom had Molton Brown toiletries which were quite nice, especially the little bottles of shampoo.

Old Aug 9, 2001, 10:46 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
The computer system does not show status. The staff have to manually enter it in the comments field. Once they have done it once there is no problem.
Old Aug 9, 2001, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I should also mention that in the new Club rooms in the west wing, you have very little control over the lights. It's almost all or none. If you just want the desk lamp, you can't help but have the wall sconce and hallway light on too.

Who planned this hotel?
Old Aug 9, 2001, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, the all or nothing light thing is goofy. I solved it by unscrewing the bulbs with a HH towel (they REALLY get hot). The first bayonet style reading light bulb stem I have ever seen. Also I prefer the West Wing for its quiet very large nice rooms. The cozy comforters are perfect.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.