Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Metropole {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2023, 9:22 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Was at the Metropole last night. I arrived about 6pm and I have never in my life seen so many people queuing to check in. The whole lobby area was full of queues of people, including probably 15 people queuing for the Gold / Diamond desk and probably 30 people queuing for the regular check in.

Thank goodness for Digital Keys. I was just happy to get to my very small "deluxe" room. The fact that the room is so small that it's not possible to walk fully upright between the bottom of the bed and the TV was something that I accepted as a "feature" of the hotel.. apparently it's Hilton's largest hotel outside of the USA.
11 hundred rooms and up to 6 (rude and slow) check in clerks at best...
Old Dec 29, 2023, 10:40 pm

Upcoming Stay - What to ask for?

Hello!

I will be checking into the Metropole this week and would appreciate any insight. I’m HH GOLD and have booked the room category of “king refurbished” room. Today I received an email that they were upgrading me to superior room, which after research I quickly denied realizing the room was not refurbished. Not sure how this was an upgrade!

which tower/ wing is preferable? West? East? I will be sure to ask upon checkin.

do honors have an option to select executive lounge access or tyburn market for breakfast? Which is better?

I definitely prefer an updated room with reasonable space for two to stay for a while. Appreciate your help!
Old Dec 30, 2023, 12:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Elexajade
I definitely prefer an updated room with reasonable space for two to stay for a while. Appreciate your help!
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the Hilton Forum.

The thing is that that the West Wing has the biggest rooms (and possibly the room you have here - you will tell when online check-in opens) but they were generally not updated in the big Pandemic refurbishment. However they were refurbished a few years ago at the end of the previous refurbishment, so I think they are fine, but they are not as modern as those in East Wing and the Tower. Now when you get to OLCI, the day before arrival, you can tell the size of the room, and also whether it's West, East or Tower, and if the room seems to tick your boxes then this is one way to handle it. Otherwise if you are not sure by all means negotiate this with the Front Desk..
Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:23 am

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
My wife and I just stayed here Feb 23-26th and I would like to give our thoughts on our stay.

First, my (our) usual short stay London hotel is Hilton Paddington, primarily for: travel convenience both to Heathrow and to the tube system; and then I have had great luck with upgrades a Diamond to suites.

But having read on Flyer Talk about how much "better" the remodeled Metropole is compared to Paddington, we decided to give it a go, here are our thoughts:

Pros:
-Early check in (0830) was great, like at Paddington
-Got an upgrade to remodeled room which was nice, but not a suite
-Executive lounge was much nicer than Paddington, and we used it much more
-M&S across the street, take away food for inexpensive in room meals was a great option.

Cons:
-Travel was much less convenient: Using Edgeware Road a base was much less handy than Paddington. We ended up taking a club car to Heathrow twice due to very early morning flights on Sunday and Monday.
-Room was stuffy. Window and patio door were sealed so no way to get fresh air into room
-Shower was a broken hip waiting to happen! It had a plastic floor which when soapy became an ice skating rink; both I and my wife almost fell. Some form of corrugation to the floor was needed to prevent slippage.

Conclusion:

Both the Metropole and Paddington are just "run of the mill" Hiltons, nothing special.

Paddington wins, especially for short visits for us, for the travel convenience, both coming from Heathrow and then touring London via tube.
The better Executive Lounge does not overcome this travel benefit in our eyes.

All the best
-
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:35 pm

Stayed 12 nights in Jan. Diamond.
Booked "Exec Refurbished Room", quite tired room. No upgrade.
At a priority check-in queue got approached by a security guard advising "the check-in line is over there" pointing to the general queue, funny Prob I looked bad after 10hrs flight
Lounge-wise: afternoon tea is only sweet stuff, no use. Cocktail hour is alright, basic wines as one would expect. Spirits differ every day and I did not get the logic of the selection, looked like my bar after a weekend of friends visiting - quite random leftovers
Breakfast was good though.
Area itself is good for those who's into late night kebabs and hookahs
Wouldn't stay there again, honestly.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by me.is.dmtr
into late night hookahs
Hey this isn't OnlyFans
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:25 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I’m here now. Everything is pretty much as described. I received a one category upgrade to a refurbished king room in the east tower. The lounge is on 2, and it’s nice enough, despite not having any windows.

Good location for tourism. A zillion tube lines within a short walk, and close to Paddington for LHR.

I should probably disclose in my reviews that I’m paying pretty low rates comparable to IBM or Accenture, and I manage my expectations accordingly.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 3:01 pm

Any idea why this hotel isn't (and hasn't been bookable) for the first week of July? I've been looking since last summer and it's the only hotel in London that has never been bookable. Is there some massive convention or something?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by IADTraveller
Any idea why this hotel isn't (and hasn't been bookable) for the first week of July? I've been looking since last summer and it's the only hotel in London that has never been bookable. Is there some massive convention or something?
Hi

I can see it for 1st to 4th july for example
however Wimbledon tennis is on during the 1st to 14th july so this might have an impact on pricing and availability

regards
Tbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.