Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi IsleOfMan,

I provided this feedback to my team and received some clarification. We have relaxed elements of the BRG Terms & Conditions to allow more claims to be approved. In particular:
  • The cancellation policy has a 72 hour grace period instead of being exact
  • Membership rates are approved depending on the offered amenities
  • Room type requirements are lax as long as the room rates are the same

Thanks,
Erin
Hi Erin, I have a clarification question about this. I recently got denied a BRG at the Hilton Garden Inn Krakow, where the comparison OTA is www.hoteltravel.com. The OTA lists a room type of "Standard" although looking at the Hilton Garden Inn's own website, the cheapest room type installed in the hotel is "Queen Bed Evolution Room" or "Twin Bed Evolution Room" (same price).

I would have thought that in this circumstance, "Standard" room and "Queen Bed Evolution Room" are comparable, however my claim was denied since the room types were not the same. The "Standard" room in the OTA had a cancellable rate which was lower than the Hilton.com cancellable rate.

I've sent you the details via PM. Could I please request your help to review this?

Many thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Hilton.com best rate guarantee

How does this work?

I'm looking at the Frankfurt Airport Hilton for March 8-12. On Hilton.com its $455 per night for a twin room. On Travelocity, its $227.

Is there a way to book this thru Hilton and get the lower price?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Review this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...thread-91.html

Also:
http://hiltonworldwide.hilton.com/en...5XIGCSQA0Q3EWQ
http://hiltonworldwide.hilton.com/en...overview.jhtml
http://hiltonworldwide.hilton.com/en...5XIGCSQA0Q3EWQ
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by brooding
Hi Erin, I have a clarification question about this. I recently got denied a BRG at the Hilton Garden Inn Krakow, where the comparison OTA is www.hoteltravel.com. The OTA lists a room type of "Standard" although looking at the Hilton Garden Inn's own website, the cheapest room type installed in the hotel is "Queen Bed Evolution Room" or "Twin Bed Evolution Room" (same price).

I would have thought that in this circumstance, "Standard" room and "Queen Bed Evolution Room" are comparable, however my claim was denied since the room types were not the same. The "Standard" room in the OTA had a cancellable rate which was lower than the Hilton.com cancellable rate.

I've sent you the details via PM. Could I please request your help to review this?

Many thanks!
- I would like to add that this discrepancy (i.e., "Evolution room" vs. "Standard") is very common when comparing rates for Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) between HHonors and other providers.
My understanding is that an addition of an ergonomic chair would make a room an "Evolution room":
"This room offers the latest in technology and ergonomic comfort to our guests. And the pursuit of the perfect night's stay continues with an evolution of innovative new amenities including the bed, chair, television and crisp white duvet."
Many competitive providers simply do not bother adding "Evolution" to the room description
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
I have had a claim bat to and fro over the past 10 days. I asked for supervisor review and received an email today from a supervisor which concluded that the lower rate couldn't be found so matter closed.

However, this is nonsense, since the lower rate can still be found to this very day on the UK amex travel site!! During the emails back and forth the agent also asked me for a screenshot of the hilton.com screen during my booking... what nonsense - surely hilton can keep track of the rates they offer on their own site!

This BRG business is an extremely frustrating joke. Disingenuous ... to say the least.
Well-
what do people think about actually booking the other rate 15 mins after the Hilton rate to avoid thirds nonsense. has anyone done this?

any downside?
Is it a rule violation?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:19 pm

12 year old thread

Just a suggestion.
How would the community/moderators feel about starting a new thread on this subject and a Wiki and of course keeping this thread viable as a wealth of historical information.
I most respectfully feel that 12 year old info is not "definitive"
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I've found a cheaper rate on Expedia.co.uk, however, it's a mobile exclusive rate (all other terms/room details are the same). Are Hilton likely to approve this as it's only available on a mobile device?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
I've found a cheaper rate on Expedia.co.uk, however, it's a mobile exclusive rate (all other terms/room details are the same). Are Hilton likely to approve this as it's only available on a mobile device?
Doesn't hurt to try.. u could always take a print screen with a time-stamp and if they can't find it then u can show that.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:07 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
My BRG got approved some weeks ago, the stay is in approximately two weeks time. The rate has not been adjusted yet. Is this usual practice?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How does Hilton BRG work if Hilton.com shows no availability while property is available via third party website? Starwood allows BRG submission without booking noting unavailability. Does that work with Hilton?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:36 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by TerryK
How does Hilton BRG work if Hilton.com shows no availability while property is available via third party website? Starwood allows BRG submission without booking noting unavailability. Does that work with Hilton?
Hi TerryK,

The Hilton BRG requires the initial booking be made through a Hilton channel. If any other eligible sites sell the same accommodation at a lower cost than us, then a claim could be issued!

Hope this info helps!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I feel that the best rate guarantee, is in the most part, a hollow marketing tool. I have just submitted one for the Hilton KL which was markedly different in price. OnHotels offered the same room with breakfast fully cancelable until the day before but it has been declined as apparently a voucher is issued. This just does not seem to follow the ethos and intention of the guarantee.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TerryK
Could you tell me how this works?

How can SPG match let alone undercut for a room that they don't even have in their inventory.

I know that 3rd party suppliers may have such a room because they have bought them in bulk and pre-paid them so that is why they may have a room that SPG does not show.

So, how do you get a room from SPG that SPG does not even show and what is SPG explanation for allowing this?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Could you tell me how this works?

How can SPG match let alone undercut for a room that they don't even have in their inventory.

I know that 3rd party suppliers may have such a room because they have bought them in bulk and pre-paid them so that is why they may have a room that SPG does not show.

So, how do you get a room from SPG that SPG does not even show and what is SPG explanation for allowing this?
Firstly, the way you framed your question shows you do not understand SPG's BRG program.

I think SPG's BRG is probably the leader in BRG among the hotel chains now.

Airlines and hotels can continue to sell their lowest tier rooms even if they are sold out, as:
1. there can be no shows
2. if the higher tier cabins/rooms is still not full

If they oversell the lowest room inventory, they can simply upgrade people to the higher categories.

SPG's BRG guarantees you the best rate, in all sense possible. In this aspect, I think Hilton can do some catch up, and I believe this is a good feedback to HHonors as well.

So for SPG, if a competitor is selling you a room, and SPG is not, it means the competitor is offering you a cheaper rate, in SPG's point of view. ^
(i.e. SPG is forcing you to buy a higher category room, or in another sense, SPG is saying that room is priceless for that night - hence the competitor indeed has a better rate!)

For SPG, such BRGs are the easiest to understand and always approved in my experience with SPG.

I do hope that Hilton will be able to take this onboard for their BRG. It does make a lot of sense, and there is hardly any grey area for such BRG. However, I am not sure if Hilton needs to adjust their IT system to accept such BRG claims.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
See above.

I have had claims for the Hilton KL rejected by the same agent for ;

Hotelopia
Prestigia
Onehotels

All stating they are rejected because they require a voucher despite all being cancellable.

Having a large banner on your website stating that you have a Price match Guarantee and then rejecting the above seems to me as being very against the spirit of the guarante,e which is at best I feel misleading.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.