Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Did u screenshot the rate? if not then do it now
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
This may not be the appropriate thread, so Mods please feel free to move.
Booked a Hilton Wintersale (no changes, non-refundable) rate for London later this month. My daughter decided to join my lovely spouse and me and called to say she had booked the same room, same days, same Wintersale rate, but for 30 Pounds less. I checked Hilton.com and indeed she is correct. Exact same room and rate is now quite a bit less and for 5 nights that adds up.
Called the Diamond desk and was told that while they understood that the rate had dropped because I had booked a no changes rate even though the official cost had decreased I was still obligated to pay the original tariff.
Is this correct?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dieselbear
This may not be the appropriate thread, so Mods please feel free to move.
Booked a Hilton Wintersale (no changes, non-refundable) rate for London later this month. My daughter decided to join my lovely spouse and me and called to say she had booked the same room, same days, same Wintersale rate, but for 30 Pounds less. I checked Hilton.com and indeed she is correct. Exact same room and rate is now quite a bit less and for 5 nights that adds up.
Called the Diamond desk and was told that while they understood that the rate had dropped because I had booked a no changes rate even though the official cost had decreased I was still obligated to pay the original tariff.
Is this correct?
You were happy to lock in that reduced wintersale rate for 5 nights and not risk booking a more pricey flex rate (as a backstop in case room-rates increased).

You would expect not pay more if rates went up, so why should you expect pay less when rates go down. You can't have it both ways.

I know on the odd occasion this occurs one finds it aggravating, but instead of taking one stay in isolation, look at the bigger picture and how much you saved the last 12months when rates increased after you booked locking in a low rate.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
If the new rate was displayed within 24 hours then you have a case. Otherwise its like the airline, etc, industries where prices fluctuate continuously
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
No harm in raising with the property - when staying in Prague (Hilton Old Town) and there had been quite a big price differential they offered complimentary Sunday Brunch - which was absolutely superb!!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:24 pm

For the Hilton Best Rate guarantee, does it matter if the competing site
  1. has rates that are actually billed in a different currency (than the hotel's currency)?
  2. has rates where the cancellation terms are different?
  3. has rates where the inclusions are better (i.e. breakfast included) and yet the rates are lower than the HH official rate?
Are all these grounds for a BRG denial?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:07 am

Successful BRG
Millennium Hilton !Manhattan
Hilton rate $199
Agora.com rate 188.82

Approved!!

Approved in 23 hrs
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Just submitted a BRG for Conrad London - total of 737 GBP difference over five nights. Let's see how that works. Somehow I'm expecting that I'll be canceling that and keeping the getaroom rate. Hoping to be surprised.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Refused BRG (again) and no one responds to my emails

I submitted a (IMHO valid) BRG to Hilton for a stay at Dublin Airport.

Within 24 hours, Hilton refused my BRG on the grounds that the rate wasn't available. On closer inspection, the agent didn't even bother to check the site for the same date that I had a booking for.

I replied to them on the very same day pointing out the agent's mistake but now no one replies to me.

Any suggestions on how to progress this?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Start reading from the last page in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...thread-87.html

You could always contact Erin the HiltonHonorsRepresentative.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:36 am

Is the email address you replied to even monitored by people?

How long has it been since you emailed?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: HH Gold
Have used this BRG for 2 stays at Hilton properties, my most recent was...

Doubletree, Heathrow Airport, paid £49 saw a rate on hotels.com for £44, in the end paid less than £15 for the night,

Great property and lovely large room.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Anyone have any experiences on when the competing site offers a better deal?

I've spotted one case where Hilton want €139 for a standard room for one night, flexible, room only. Another site only wants €97 for a standard room for one night, flexible, including breakfast.

In this case, the other site is both cheaper and better, since their lower rate has a free breakfast and Hilton is room only, but I'm worried that Hilton might deny as the BRG due to the food component in the other rate. Anyone tried a BRG in a similar situation before?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:34 am

I've been reading this thread. Is there a Hilton # we can call to inquire about our BRG claim? It's been 24 hours and the only number they provide you is the reservations #, which have no idea what to do.

www.hotels.com I believe is a valid source for hotel rates. Thanks!

So I just got a response from the BRG team that said my initial claim was denied. The team has countered me with this:

"You must find a lower publicly available rate (“Lower Rate”) on a non-Hilton Worldwide booking channel (except for "opaque" websites) for the Same Accommodations. "Same Accommodations" means the same room type, at the same hotel, with the same dates and length of stay, same number of guests, same designation as either cancellable or non-cancellable, same advance purchase policies, and the same terms and conditions governing the room rate."

I found a rate on www.hotels.com for this Friday night that I booked on Wednesday. It's the same hotel, same type of room, etc. I ensured everything was the same. The rate I found was $10 cheaper at the time. I am waiting response from the team. I made 2 reservations so I have proof and have forwarded my confirmation to the BRG team. Currently I have a hilton reservation booked at $10 more than the other rate. I am going to go on a limb and try to have faith in the system and see how it pans out. Let's see how this rodeo goes...

Last edited by cwang238; Jan 15, 2015 at 8:25 am
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:21 am

heads up for anyone going to China: local booking sites such as ctrip, qunar, elong do sometimes have cheaper offers but they will not get you hhonors points (obviously). I have in the past screenshotted them for BRG and I have had mixed results, getting one ctrip BRG claim approved and another one denied. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.