Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by DrMonkey
Just wanted to share a positive experience I had with BRG this weekend.on Saturday afternoon, I booked the Embassy Suites Niagara Fallsview for 4 nights at an average of C$268.40 (and that was after the corporate discount). Found lmtclub.com had it for an average of C$252.64 but wanted to take advantage of gold so I figured I'd throw in a BRG claim. Less than 36 hours later, on a Sunday no less, I got a positive response.

"Thank you for submitting a claim regarding Our Best Rates Guarantee for your upcoming stay at our Embassy SuitesNiagara Falls-Fallsview. I apologize for the delay in us processing this claim. I have requested for the hotel’s management team to modify the rate on your reservation to C$252.64 a night before taxes. An updated confirmation letter will be sent to you once this is done.

In addition, a $50 American Express Gift card will be mailed out 7-10 business days after you complete your stay. The gift card will be sent via FedEx, a signature is required, the card will be sent to:"

Very happy with the results!
lmtclub.com doesn't offer publicly available rate - since you have to become a member in order to use the rate. Did you ask Hilton to sign up an account to verify your BRG?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hotstepper
If I get approved for a BRG for 1 room (1 night stay in the US), and then make another reservation for a 2nd room and get approved for a BRG for the 2nd room (1 night stay, same hotel), would I get 1 or 2 $50 rewards in the mail?

Was a little confused since I saw this in the T&Cs:
6) You may only submit one claim for each stay. A “stay” means the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel by the same guest or guests.
You'll have to use another guest's name to file another BRG, then you won't violate the T&C.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:24 pm

My BRG claim was approved and here is message from Hilton Guest Assistance:

“Thank you for submitting an Our Best Rates Guarantee claim for your upcoming stay at our Hampton Inn Warsaw City Centre, Poland. I have reviewed your reservation and adjusted the rate to 186.18 PLN per night (before tax). In addition, we have adjusted your total rate by 188.00 PLN the equivalent of $50 to make your new rate 0 PLN per night.”

Nevertheless my reservation still shows initial price 221 PLN.
Should this price be corrected in advance? If no, how this price will be corrected upon check-in?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by george_p12
My BRG claim was approved and here is message from Hilton Guest Assistance:

“Thank you for submitting an Our Best Rates Guarantee claim for your upcoming stay at our Hampton Inn Warsaw City Centre, Poland. I have reviewed your reservation and adjusted the rate to 186.18 PLN per night (before tax). In addition, we have adjusted your total rate by 188.00 PLN the equivalent of $50 to make your new rate 0 PLN per night.”

Nevertheless my reservation still shows initial price 221 PLN.
Should this price be corrected in advance? If no, how this price will be corrected upon check-in?
When I got a request approved a little while ago ( I haven't had my stay yet ), they emailed me a new reservation showing the adjusted price.
And my reservation showing on my hhonors account also changed to the new price at the same time.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine got adjusted and I got an email stating that too!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:14 pm

I guess I'm an absolute winner ... NOT. I submitted two claims on 22nd of July and one on 23rd. I received notification from Hilton on all three BRG claims. And that was it. After waiting for 5 (sic!) days without any response I complained to their customer service only to be told one day later again that my third BRG claim was denied because they could not verify a lower rate. Obviously they would not be able to if they respond 6 days after the claim was submitted! Still no mention what the outcome is for my first two claims. So it's day 7 now officially and still counting! Hilton's BRG is a farce now. Sad but true.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by helosc
When I got a request approved a little while ago ( I haven't had my stay yet ), they emailed me a new reservation showing the adjusted price.
And my reservation showing on my hhonors account also changed to the new price at the same time.
Originally Posted by nacho
Mine got adjusted and I got an email stating that too!
Here is new message from Hilton Guest Assistance:

"Thank you for your correspondence. It appears that your reservation is International and an Advance Purchase. Therefore, the hotel will modify the reservation at the time of check in."
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
My reservation is for Europe. It is noncancellable, nonrefundable but not Advance Purchase.
It's an Early Saver rate.

So it seems that you'll have to be on your toes at check-in and check that the price is right on the piece of paper you have to sign upon check-in.

And I would print out the email from Hilton stating the new rate - just in case.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:21 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Manorexic
I guess I'm an absolute winner ... NOT. I submitted two claims on 22nd of July and one on 23rd. I received notification from Hilton on all three BRG claims. And that was it. After waiting for 5 (sic!) days without any response I complained to their customer service only to be told one day later again that my third BRG claim was denied because they could not verify a lower rate. Obviously they would not be able to if they respond 6 days after the claim was submitted! Still no mention what the outcome is for my first two claims. So it's day 7 now officially and still counting! Hilton's BRG is a farce now. Sad but true.
Hi manorexic,

If you still haven’t heard back on your two BRG claims, please send me a PM with your reservation and claim numbers.

I’m more than happy to investigate!

Best,
Ashleigh
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: QR Gold, EK Gold, HH Diamond
Will they match otel.com rates? I am hesitating to book a non refundable rate on Hilton and send a claim for this if they do not match it. I better book it on otel.com in the first place.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Hampton Inn New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter,
3 nights over Labor Day weekend (Southern Decadence). Hotel is very well reviewed, in a great location.
I actually already have a Spring Hill Suites Convention Center via Marriott's BRG (aka Look No Further) for $274ai for 3 night stay, also decent reviews but much farther from French Quarter--so may still stay there but I wanted to share this success here:

Hilton.com rate: $249
One Travel and Booking.com rate: $114

Confirmed for $114 rate with a $50 AMEX card after staying.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi manorexic,

If you still haven’t heard back on your two BRG claims, please send me a PM with your reservation and claim numbers.

I’m more than happy to investigate!

Best,
Ashleigh
The problem now is that Hilton representatives finally replied to my claims and rejected them on the grounds of not being able to verify lower rates. Of course not if you reply one week after it was actually submitted! Why should I care what rate it is on 29th of July if mine was sent on 22nd? I sent final screenshots as evidence (even though agents never bothered to ask for them) and guess what? It's day 3 or 4 now without reply again. Seems that one week waiting time is a new standard of customer service in Hilton these days.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Does anyone have experience in making a Hilton Best Rate Guarantee claim against.... Hilton?

Imagine you booked an advanced purchase rate (non-refundable) a few months out, then the week before your stay you checked the (non-refundable) rates and they were cheaper - e.g. due to a sale - than what you paid.

Would Hilton match the lower rates if you put in a BRG?

From the BRG FAQ, it seems they may, although you wouldn't get the $50 credit for the claim:

Will my claim be valid if I find a lower price available on an official Hilton Worldwide web site?
No, but we would be happy to adjust your reservation to the lower price available on the Hilton web site on the same the terms that apply to the lower price.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by flyingnomadic
Imagine you booked an advanced purchase rate (non-refundable) a few months out, then the week before your stay you checked the (non-refundable) rates and they were cheaper - e.g. due to a sale - than what you paid.
You do realize that BRG claims have to be filed within 24 hours of the initial booking?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
You do realize that BRG claims have to be filed within 24 hours of the initial booking?
Ah yes, I did think that was the case, but I couldn't see any mention of it on the Best Rate Guarantee page - but it is right at the top of the Terms & Conditions page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.