Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ItchyBackSide
This is slightly worrying. I have an upcoming reservation there. I booked the Executive room. As a Diamond, do I get a suite or do I get the Executive Corner room?
No guarantees for what you'll get. Depends on inventory. As a HHD, I've not even gotten a corner room as an upgrade in 2 stays.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:12 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I recently had a 3-night stay at Conrad BKK for the first time since 2014, after spending about 20 nights there that year. I used three vouchers from Hilton Premium Club Asia: one for a free night, and two for 50% off. Perhaps understandably, I only got upgraded to an executive room, not a corner room, and not a suite. However, despite HPC generally being treated as a third party booking and not earning points and stay credit, they allowed lounge access which is good.

I found that quality and spread in the lounge in the evening to be considerably worse than in 2014. There used to be several Asian hot food options that can easily make a meal. Now it's more western food and perhaps more "junk" food than before, although junk is probably too strong a word.

The breakfast in the restaurant was very crowded and subpar service so we only went there one morning. It was more peaceful in the lounge, and while there is less choice in the lounge, it was still good enough.

The fitness gym and the pool are still excellent.

While the value proposition of the lounge might not be the same as in the past, I noticed that rates have also gone down at Conrad. Many times you can find the Conrad cheaper than Millenium Hilton or Hilton Sukhumvit, and definitely cheaper than luxury brands at Starwood and Hyatt. So quality has gone down a bit, but so as price, so overall it's still a good alternative to consider in BKK for me.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
We have a 2 night stay at the Conrad more than 2 weeks away from now and we have already been pre-upgraded from a standard room to a king executive level. Is this common at this Conrad? Does this mean that we can 'expect' a further upgrade closer to our travel dates?

In 4 days time we will be at the Hilton Bangkok Millennium and we are already upgraded from a standard room to a king river view suite :-)

Last edited by Delectatio; Oct 19, 2017 at 10:54 am
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Delectatio
We have a 2 night stay at the Conrad more than 2 weeks away from now and we have already been pre-upgraded from a standard room to a king executive level. Is this common at this Conrad? Does this mean that we can 'expect' a further upgrade closer to our travel dates?

In 4 days time we will be at the Hilton Bangkok Millennium and we are already upgraded for a standard room to a king river view suite :-)
Just curious how you were informed? We are staying at the Conrad Bangkok next weekend, and have not been notified of any upgrade. Booked King Corner room.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Just curious how you were informed? We are staying at the Conrad Bangkok next weekend, and have not been notified of any upgrade. Booked King Corner room.
I just checked my room type on the Hilton app after I saw the upgrade at the Millennium, we booked an entry level room, it now says 'king executive level'.
We are checking in on November 4th
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Conrad Exec Lounge is just the greatest.

If not for their total failure to abide by their hand out of rules I wouldn’t be spending 3 nights in December at the Conrad HKG which they’ll be paying for
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Flying in for 40th Bday

I'm "potentially" looking at the Conrad for one night, the 9th of Nov. The Presidential is on sale from its rack rate of 27k to 21K. Has anyone here ever stayed in this particular room. Is this hotel going to knock my socks off with service or am I better to enjoy the Terrace room to enjoy a blockbuster view of the city?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by aspenedelen
I'm "potentially" looking at the Conrad for one night, the 9th of Nov. The Presidential is on sale from its rack rate of 27k to 21K. Has anyone here ever stayed in this particular room. Is this hotel going to knock my socks off with service or am I better to enjoy the Terrace room to enjoy a blockbuster view of the city?
I would not expect any higher level of service for booking this room. I am just guessing though as my only stay in the Presidential Suite was on a $25 mistake rate which they honored and I am sure I wasn't getting any better service under that condition.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by aspenedelen
Conrad Bangkok is my favorite hotel in Bangkok currently. It‘s the best of the Hilton group in Bangkok and offers very good service for business travelers.

But I‘m not sure, if it will knock out your socks and if you find the view over the city so enjoyable. Personally I prefer Terrace to Presidential, because I have no use for the additional space.

Service and view can be better at real luxury hotels near the river. And there are other things in Bangkok which can knock you out of your socks.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Delectatio
I just checked my room type on the Hilton app after I saw the upgrade at the Millennium, we booked an entry level room, it now says 'king executive level'.
We are checking in on November 4th
Still no upgrade for me, and I'm checking in on Oct 27th. Booked King Bed Deluxe Corner (pre-paid). I'll be very disappointed if the only UG I get is the same room, but on an Executive level.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Still no upgrade for me, and I'm checking in on Oct 27th. Booked King Bed Deluxe Corner (pre-paid). I'll be very disappointed if the only UG I get is the same room, but on an Executive level.
Conrad Bangkok only upgrades HHD's/HHG's very late, sometimes only 10am (locak time) on day of checkin, and if lucky 8pm onwards night before.

Hotel is rather inundated with elites (both HHD + HHG) , as such most HHD's on base room upgrade to Exec room. Hotel doesn't have enough Corner-Exec/Suites to upgrade all the HHD's staying each night (even before all the free HHD's matches were created for the 2years ending Mar2018)

There are about 5x corner exec rooms (other corner rooms form part of the full suites), that also get used for upgrades if you book 2nd cat Dlx Corner, like you did. And they are a little bit nicer than standard (non corner) exec rooms. This doesn't mean you won't be lucky and get exec suite on a first ever stay, but it is less likely as they get quite a few nor1 requests from guests booking base room.

Upgrades to the "propper" Exec/Terrace/Deluxe suites tend to go to their regular repeating paid night guests, and those guests who tick the NOR1 upgrade box. Pres Suite is not normally used unless guest books it or hotel is sold out and has to use it.

Last edited by scubaccr; Oct 22, 2017 at 10:43 am
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr

Upgrades to the "propper" Exec/Terrace/Deluxe suites tend to go to their regular repeating paid night guests, and those guests who tick the NOR1 upgrade box. Pres Suite is not normally used unless guest books it or hotel is sold out and has to use it.
I have stayed at this property every 8-10 weeks for the past 3-4 years. NEVER have gotten an upgrade above one category from reservation. On my last reservation I even emailed before arrival asking for a terrace room (I have never seen one). Did not get.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I have stayed at this property every 8-10 weeks for the past 3-4 years. NEVER have gotten an upgrade above one category from reservation. On my last reservation I even emailed before arrival asking for a terrace room (I have never seen one). Did not get.
Sounds like they are taking you for granted! Never a good thing.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Conrad Bangkok only upgrades HHD's/HHG's very late, sometimes only 10am (locak time) on day of checkin, and if lucky 8pm onwards night before.

Hotel is rather inundated with elites (both HHD + HHG) , as such most HHD's on base room upgrade to Exec room. Hotel doesn't have enough Corner-Exec/Suites to upgrade all the HHD's staying each night (even before all the free HHD's matches were created for the 2years ending Mar2018)

There are about 5x corner exec rooms (other corner rooms form part of the full suites), that also get used for upgrades if you book 2nd cat Dlx Corner, like you did. And they are a little bit nicer than standard (non corner) exec rooms. This doesn't mean you won't be lucky and get exec suite on a first ever stay, but it is less likely as they get quite a few nor1 requests from guests booking base room.

Your summary is consistent with my upgrade experiences, except I almost always get an upgrade to a corner room. I stay at this hotel about every 2 months and from my recollection, here are my last 10 upgrades when booking a king room:
6 times: Upgrade to executive corner
1 time: Upgrade to corner with lounge access
1 time: Upgrade to executive suite
2 times: Upgrade to deluxe suite (one time was because my first assigned room was an executive corner, but due to strong paint/varnish smell, asked for a different room and was given the suite).

And the 2 times I booked a corner room:
1 time: Upgrade to executive corner
1 time: No upgrade (booked and received executive corner)

A few times I wasn't given an upgrade upon arrival, but upon request, was willing to wait a few hours to get a corner room. I think your chances of an upgrade are better with a late arrival (after 6pm).
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:33 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G

As Diamond I have just been upgraded one level to an Exec room, but I did manage to check in at 6.30am plus got late check-out, so will be using the room for nearly 33 hours
Insomnia4u likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.