Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I'd stick with HWS. You'll have full kitchen/cooking facilities in suite. Itll help save on eating out, plus you can eat/snack when want to. Especially having a family this is a plus.
I am able to get King studio suite in HWS Brickell for 360k points. It is further away from metro mover. Same price for car parking.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by batdude
I live near Kennedy Space Center... and have made this drive more times than i can count.

KSC is right at 200 miles north of Miami and a straight shot up I-95. The turnpike goes to Orlando, so it's only useful at the southern portion of the trip (Jupiter, FL area)

that said - i consider this portion of 95 one of the most deadly for "WTH JUST HAPPENED" types of accidents.

you have to be on your A-game at all times driving this stretch.

figure a 3 hour drive, 4-6 hours at KSC then a 3 hour return. that is a LONG day.

(for the record, if i was doing this - i would most certainly stay the night after visiting KSC out in Cocoa Beach.... where the room rates are much better than Miami - tip: Cocoa Beach Hilton or if not avail, the Doubletree)

Traffic >WILL< be heavy until you are north of West Palm Beach on the outbound and will pick up in the same spots southbound, with obvious rush hour times 6-10am and 3-7pm being horrid..... plan accordingly.
d
Thanks for the information. Looks like safe to stay in Miami rather than drive up to KSC unless we stay overnight. Thanks again.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by batdude
i will also add that if i was visiting like you are.... i recommend this place: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/mia...-miami-midtown

there is a very large outdoor mall nearby, the beaches are uber-able... (protip: DO NOT DRIVE A CAR TO MIAMI BEACH... you will pay $50 to park it....)

i have no kind words for ANY of the airport Hilton properties... and i have stayed at most of them... but 100% concur with the comments on the ones you are looking at above.

the Hampton Inn i linked above is relatively new and fairly central to most everything.

YMMV
Tried booking at this hotel few times. It is very expensive in terms of points (600k). Google maps shows it as cheaper than Brickell one though. We want to go to beach during Dec 31st night. Which is the better place to go and spend time?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I love Hilton but for a week, none of these options are that exciting to me.

Have you considered something like Airbnb? Maybe part of the stay in the Miami area and part in the Keys (although Key West proper will be tough for New Year's)...

A week in an airport hotel sounds seven times less fun than one night in an airport hotel.

There are occasions when I just gotta walk away from my beloved status and find a better option.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
I love Hilton but for a week, none of these options are that exciting to me.

Have you considered something like Airbnb? Maybe part of the stay in the Miami area and part in the Keys (although Key West proper will be tough for New Year's)...

A week in an airport hotel sounds seven times less fun than one night in an airport hotel.

There are occasions when I just gotta walk away from my beloved status and find a better option.
I am trying to make use of Hilton points earned with my travel job. We will be driving out during the day to see Everglades and Key west for 3 days. We want to spent another 3 days visiting places around Miami downtown. We want to spend Dec 31st. Not sure what is the good place to go with family. We booked close to downtown to make it more city like experience. I also checked with DT resort near north Miami beach. It is very close to beach and nice view. Free breakfast for 2 people. Extra charge for kids breakfast, resort fee and car parking fee (common anyway).
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I'd stick with HWS. You'll have full kitchen/cooking facilities in suite. Itll help save on eating out, plus you can eat/snack when want to. Especially having a family this is a plus.
Hi,
Is HWS in Brickell better than Hampton inn in same place. I have 2 queen bed room with Hampton Inn and King studio suite with HWS. Is it possible to get free upgrades when rooms are booked using points?

Last edited by rustum76; Dec 20, 2019 at 7:57 am
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:49 pm

Any one familiar with Brickell location. Is HWS too far from Metro mover and other stuff compared to Hampton. I got 2 queen bed room with Hampton and King bed studio suite in HWS. I need to cancel one of them by end of tomorrow. Parking is $30 at both the places. HWS is a valley. We are planning to stay for 7 nights. We are family of 2 adults and 2 kids. Need to decide between these 2. HWS king suite looks better than Hampton 2 queen room. Hampton room doesn't come with lot of facilities unless upgraded to suite. Upgrades are very difficult at this point of season. Thinking about switching to HWS last minute. Does it make sense?

Last edited by rustum76; Dec 22, 2019 at 6:42 pm
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
We had a trip to the University of Miami and actually stayed two nights at the HWS on Blue Lagoon Drive south of MIA. Although we could see the planes on the airport runway from our room, it was quiet, clean, comfortable, and we would definitely stay there again if our travels took us back to the area. We also did a day trip to Key West and this location is convenient to both the airport and the freeways.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Looking to have a 2-night stay in Miami Beach, and can't really surmise what the top Hilton property in the area is?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:05 pm

Have you looked at the Conrad?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Looking to have a 2-night stay in Miami Beach, and can't really surmise what the top Hilton property in the area is?
The Bentley is probably the highest rated out at the beach. I stayed at the Gates. The Gates is nice but minimal and has a party vibe. I wouldn't call it luxury (the bar is minimal, breakfast is minimal) but it's certainly clean, cute, trendy, and young. I've not stayed at the Bentley to have an opinion but it seems favoured on the forum.

The Diplomat in Hollywood is excellent IMO but it's not close to anything except the beach. So of you're set on Miami Beach, it's not for you. But I love that hotel.

I'm currently at the Conrad. The bar renovation is beautiful. The rooms are pleasant. Breakfast is a $15 per person credit on a made to order menu. Quite tasty. I'll be relocating to the Gabriel Curio most likely this week. These hotels are both city-side but very conveniently located for public transit.

I looked into staying at the Gale which also looks to be on the nicer end. But the rooms just look too small.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:04 am

My two cents as someone who has done about 50 nights in Miami-area hotels over the last year - personally I think staying on the beach is overrated. Loud at all times, crowded, hard to get anywhere. Hotels can charge whatever they want and don’t care because they’ll sell the rooms. When in town I always stay in Brickell - easy to take a cheap Uber to the beach, Wynwood, wherever you want to be. The Conrad has always treated me really well. Management cares and runs a great property. Rooms and amenities are very good. That’s my suggestion!
kirkwoodj and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Best Hilton in Miami Fort Lauderdale Area

Any recommendations for the best Hilton brand hotel in the Miami/ FLL area? Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, BW Diamond
Recommendations for Hilton properties in Miami?

Hi I'm 'hoping' to be in Miami in late September for a cruise, I have searched the forum but have found limited recent information specifically on the Miami hotels, I've looked them up on TripAdvisor but they are not all loyalty specific and there seems to be a large number of suspect reviews. Can anyone recommend from experience the best hotel in the area that recognises and rewards diamond members? I've got Spire so considering the new Indigo in Brickell or one of the Kimptons. Thanks in advance
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
It depends what type of experience you want as Miami is very vast in that definition. The Conrad is a behemoth. My choice if you are not concerned with staying on the beach. There are a lot of beach options depending on what location you may want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.