Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2023, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
So for stays totaling 2 weeks you probably have burned almost USD 3k?
$3K for 2 weeks (14 nights, ~$215 / night) is very reasonable for a chain property anywhere in the Miami metro area.

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm shocked by how expensive Miami properties are, even aorund/near the airport.
Well, Miami has never been cheap, especially not in the winter. There were always snowbirds, spring breakers, and weekend escapees from the north. In the past years, everything has accelerated due to a number of factors. Also, the airport is not exactly a "dead" area. Miami is the gateway to all of Latin America and the Caribbean. Not only do many many passengers travel through, but tremendous amounts of cargo, and many Latin American businesses have headquarters and major operational facilities in the area. A lot of valuable business goes on at and around the airport.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:39 pm

I'm looking to make a 2 day/1 night stop in miami to visit some family. Any suggestions on what hotel I can stay at for a night with a nice pool for young kids? Ideally, I'd like to stay near Hialeah but anything from calle 8 to fort lauder would probably work as we will be renting a car. I think I probably want to avoid the beaches as they seem more expensive and there is usually a lot of people and traffic in the area. I will be paying with points in case that makes a difference. I also want to know if I should be considering any of the miami airport hotels as the big concern for me is the airplane noise. I like to sleep when I go to hotels, so i've never tried to stay near an airport.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sdfly
I'm looking to make a 2 day/1 night stop in miami to visit some family. Any suggestions on what hotel I can stay at for a night with a nice pool for young kids? Ideally, I'd like to stay near Hialeah but anything from calle 8 to fort lauder would probably work as we will be renting a car. I think I probably want to avoid the beaches as they seem more expensive and there is usually a lot of people and traffic in the area. I will be paying with points in case that makes a difference. I also want to know if I should be considering any of the miami airport hotels as the big concern for me is the airplane noise. I like to sleep when I go to hotels, so i've never tried to stay near an airport.
I have to tell you, our family really enjoyed the Hilton Dadeland hotel. Big warm pool and overall nice pool area. Modern feel, got a super upgrade there. Its in a business type setting and not crowded with tourists. Therein lies its appeal.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I have to tell you, our family really enjoyed the Hilton Dadeland hotel. Big warm pool and overall nice pool area. Modern feel, got a super upgrade there. Its in a business type setting and not crowded with tourists. Therein lies its appeal.
thanks for the suggestions, that checks off a lot of our requirements except it is a bit south of where I wanted to be. Still maybe we will make an adventure of it, since I'm not familiar with the area.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by sdfly
thanks for the suggestions, that checks off a lot of our requirements except it is a bit south of where I wanted to be. Still maybe we will make an adventure of it, since I'm not familiar with the area.
Sure. Do post back after your trip as to what you ended up choosing. The Hilton Miami Dadeland will not be kid nor tourist choked at all. Another Hotel we liked for a pretty nice warm pool was the Hilton Blue Lagoon near MIA. Not quite as modern as the Dadeland, but plenty good enough for a nights stay. Both of these hotels have pools that are way beyond the std 15 by 15 tank pool most discount hotels offer
Old Oct 27, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Any recent experiences at the Gates DoubleTree SoBe (former Aloft)? Seems to have mostly good reviews on TripAdvisor but Google Maps seems to be spammed and the actual reviews are less positive.

Also considering Gale Curio and Gabriel Curio (so many properties with similar names in close proximity). Clearing out Aspire resort credit on a weekend getaway.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Gates Doubletree

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Any recent experiences at the Gates DoubleTree SoBe (former Aloft)? Seems to have mostly good reviews on TripAdvisor but Google Maps seems to be spammed and the actual reviews are less positive.

Also considering Gale Curio and Gabriel Curio (so many properties with similar names in close proximity). Clearing out Aspire resort credit on a weekend getaway.
i would recommend it as just completed a long weekend stay there. It was my second stay in 6 months. It has a lot to offer in SOBE within walking distance and short Uber from Miami Apo
Old Oct 30, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL

Stayed at The Gabriel last year.

Nice property in downtown. Close to the highways so its nice to get everywhere quick (well as quick as you can with Miami traffic). We did not eat or go to the bar here. Valet parking only and they did not charge my EV.

Stayed at the Gates DoubleTree this year. Only complaint is that it's across the street from the beach, and their private beach is a bit of a walk. Room, restaurant, pool, and bar were great though. Definitely way above average for a US DoubleTree.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:43 pm

Any recent stays at mid to higher end MIA area hotels worth mentioning. May be planning a trip down there this winter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.