Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
So I want to use my resort credit for an extra night after a cruise. Would you suggest the Bentley Hilton, Gale Curio or Gates Doubletree? Pros and cons for each? We'll be ubering, so no parking fees. TIA
Bentley.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AAmerican, American Express Points
Advice On Stay in South Florida

Me, my wife, and father-in-law are taking a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale in early November.

We will be arriving in Miami on 28 November and leaving for the cruise on 4 December. So we need 6 night accommodation.

When we pool our points we will have 423K points. I am a Diamond member.

There are tons of Hilton properties in south Florida. I think I have looked at every one of them.

We are open to getting 2 rooms or a suite with 2 rooms. We need one room to be ADA (or the suite needs to be ADA). My father-in-law smokes cigars, so we would like to have a room that has a balcony where he can sit and smoke his cigars.

We want to maximize our points obviously, and don't mind using points and additional money if we have to.

Are there rooms that allow you to smoke on a balcony? Are we better getting 2 rooms or a suite with 2 bedrooms?

Any direction you could provide would be much appreciated.

Bryan
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
I doubt any hotel is going to allow smoking on the balcony.
writerguyfl and MissJ like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:03 pm

For better recommendations, you'll need to provide a little more detail beyond geography. Examples: Do you want to be on the beach? Do you want to be within walking distance of food/shops/attractions? Do you need the amenities of a full-service hotel or would a limited-service hotel work? Will you have a car?

If you're not familiar, it's worth noting that many hotels on the beach have significant nightly parking fees. It's not unusual to find fees of $30 to $45/night to park a car.

Originally Posted by Bryan Schmiedeler
We are open to getting 2 rooms or a suite with 2 rooms. We need one room to be ADA (or the suite needs to be ADA). My father-in-law smokes cigars, so we would like to have a room that has a balcony where he can sit and smoke his cigars.
When you look at the home page for each hotel, you'll find a section called "Hotel Information" on the left side (on full website). It looks like this:

If it just says "non-smoking" in that box, that means the entire hotel is non-smoking. As such, I'd guess that means no guests would be allowed to smoke on a guest room balcony.

A quick glance at the Fort Lauderdale hotels with balconies gave me one possible exception. This is the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina:

Given that language, I suppose smoking on a balcony might be allowed. You'll need to contact them and ask.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AAmerican, American Express Points
Better recommendations

You are correct. Sorry, should have put that in there.

We are flying in so no need for parking thank goodness.

1 An ADA room for my father-in-law.
2 A safe way for my father-in-law to get to a place where he can smoke a cigar. Doesn't have to be a balcony, just somewhere where it is allowed on the property.
3 We are agnostic on getting 2 separate reservations or 1 reservation that has 2 beds.

Everything else would just be icing on the cake so to speak.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out. The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina looks like it would work for us. I am going to call them. If there are any other suggestions I would be very glad to know about them.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:20 pm

Planning to visit Everglades/Maimi surroundings during Christmas break for a week. We have AA miles to book flights from TX. Would like to use Hilton miles to book hotel. Please suggest me some hotels around this place to book using points. We are family of 4 (2 + 2 kids). Planning to rent a car for a week.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:57 pm

Regarding booking hotels, can kids stay free with parents. Do we need to book multiple rooms with 4 people ( including kids).
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by rustum76
Regarding booking hotels, can kids stay free with parents. Do we need to book multiple rooms with 4 people ( including kids).
Why not find out for yourself using the nice search buttons on the front page of Hilton.com that explicitly contain fields for number of adults and number of kids?
bonoman likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Why not find out for yourself using the nice search buttons on the front page of Hilton.com that explicitly contain fields for number of adults and number of kids?
When I put 4 as number of people, It is not showing any options. Wondering if we can just book as 2 adults. Kids are free any way right. Also looking for information on continent place suggestions to look for hotel to visit Miami and everglades. Is it possible to get points back if we cancel the reservation booked using points.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:28 pm

When I put 4 as number of people, It is not showing any options. Wondering if we can just book as 2 adults. Kids are free any way right. Also looking for information on continent place suggestions to look for hotel to visit Miami and everglades. Is it possible to get points back if we cancel the reservation booked using points.
See picture...there are fields for adults, and for kids. App is the same. Simple. When you do 2 adults and 2 kids it shows results for Miami.

looking for information on continent place suggestions
Huh?
Attached Images  
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:58 pm

When I put 4 as number of people, It is not showing any options. Wondering if we can just book as 2 adults. Kids are free any way right.
The website works fine for me when I search a random date with 2 adults and 2 kids in Miami. Follow arlflyer's instructions. If you're not getting results, that means hotels are sold out of rooms that fit your party size.

Booking a room for 2 adults and assuming you will get one that accommodates 4 people is a recipe for disaster.

Also looking for information on continent place suggestions to look for hotel to visit Miami and everglades.
This isn't a logical sentence. For the best recommendations, please provide more information. Is being at the beach critical? (If it is, be certain to factor in parking costs. It's not unusual to see $40/night fees to park a car here in South Florida.) Besides the Everglades, what other things do you anticipate doing? Do you require a full-service hotel or would a limited-service option work for you?

Is it possible to get points back if we cancel the reservation booked using points.
Check the website when making the reservation. Just like cash bookings, point ones will include the cancelation policies. Be certain to read the rules for every room you check. Different hotels can have drastically different cancelation policies even though they are in the same city/area.

Last edited by writerguyfl; Nov 21, 2019 at 4:59 pm Reason: Fixed quote formatting.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Has anybody stayed at this place recently?. Have a niht booked for 9 DEc prior to a cruise out of Miami. Cannot find anything about breakfast for Diamonds in the Wiki. Is this a bad choice and should I book somewhere else?.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by col747uk
Has anybody stayed at this place recently?. Have a niht booked for 9 DEc prior to a cruise out of Miami. Cannot find anything about breakfast for Diamonds in the Wiki. Is this a bad choice and should I book somewhere else?.
There is a recent post in the breakfast thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31732346-post709.html
Also see:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30773558-post656.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30758219-post653.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30756906-post652.html
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Anyone stayed at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port recently.

Have a booking this month, but the odd thing is that you do not seem to be able to book any night at the hotel. Unless this is a fault on the Hilton website.

I've tried their FB messenger, but had no reply.

Am in the UK, so can't easily call them.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I was just able to do a dummy booking for the Hampton North Cruise Port for a couple of random nights in both January and February.

I just did it using the app.

Maybe you have filters set for nights they are out of kings or queen rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.