Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
If you are going to stay at the airport, lately I've chosen the Hilton. Staying in Brickell, the Hamption Inn can be often be found at that price, plus I've stayed at the Conrad for that price. In MB, I've stayed at the HGI and the Vintro at that price or less. The stays at all have been fine to excellent. You should check the various prices and review the various threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-us-fl-41.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...t-us-fl-7.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-us-fl-12.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ton-us-fl.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...r-us-fl-2.html
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Thanks for the links. I've read through quite a bit, it's very helpful.

The Conrad would be my first choice, but on 10/13 it's $273, a little more than what I wanted to spend.

Hilton Airport is $166
Homewood Brickell-downtown is $193
Hilton Downtown is $189

I'm leaning towards the airport one, as I could take the shuttle, then just Uber to South Beach the next day, plus their breakfast is probably better than the homewood.

Just curious if your opinion if for $30 more if you think either property would wow me any more. I don't need to be downtown, as I'm arriving at 11 PM and checking out the next day, but if the place is cool I'd be willing to try.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StangGT909
Thanks for the links. I've read through quite a bit, it's very helpful.

The Conrad would be my first choice, but on 10/13 it's $273, a little more than what I wanted to spend.

Hilton Airport is $166
Homewood Brickell-downtown is $193
Hilton Downtown is $189

I'm leaning towards the airport one, as I could take the shuttle, then just Uber to South Beach the next day, plus their breakfast is probably better than the homewood.

Just curious if your opinion if for $30 more if you think either property would wow me any more. I don't need to be downtown, as I'm arriving at 11 PM and checking out the next day, but if the place is cool I'd be willing to try.
At that time, with the 3 options you list, I would just stay at the airport. The Brickell Hampton is my 2nd choice for that area (after the Conrad); it gives diamonds a couple of drink certs in the evening but the bar will probably be closed at the time you finally arrive; fairly standard Hampton breakfast in the morning. The Vintro is different and the breakfast was good but I haven't stayed there since last year; the bar might still be open when you arrive (as a diamond, I believe I got a drink cert or two last year). You would be close to SB for the next day.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
While it's the only place I've ever invoked a satisfaction guarantee, $87 on an MVP rate at the Miami Airport Hampton Inn West would probably see me return if all I needed was a bed. I'd sleep and, knowing that I wouldn't want to remain there a moment longer than I had to, I'd be gone by 8 a.m. the next day!

Actually I've changed my mind - see below.

Last edited by Cymro; Aug 19, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:50 pm

I'm going to Miami for a 3 night stay at the Hilton Bentley (been there 5 times, love it).

I'm getting in the night before at 11 PM on a Friday, so I think it seems unnecessary to spend over $300 at the Hilton Bentley.

Any recommendations?
The Bentley has a stay three, get the fourth night free promotion on at the moment, which brings a four night stay to $955. I don't know what you're currently planning to pay but if your existing rate is $300 or above then $55 max for the Bentley sounds like a winner, assuming that you either haven't booked yet or have a flex rate that allows you to cancel, and would be happy to switch to a prepaid rate.

The rate name is "Another Day in Paradise" but in this case, unlike Phil Collins, I wouldn't think twice.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
The Bentley has a stay three, get the fourth night free promotion on at the moment, which brings a four night stay to $955. I don't know what you're currently planning to pay but if your existing rate is $300 or above then $55 max for the Bentley sounds like a winner, assuming that you either haven't booked yet or have a flex rate that allows you to cancel, and would be happy to switch to a prepaid rate.

The rate name is "Another Day in Paradise" but in this case, unlike Phil Collins, I wouldn't think twice.

Wow, I thought I did a lot of research, I didn't see that promotion.
That would be a great deal if paying for all nights with cash.

I actually booked Saturday/Sunday for a total of 138,000 points and Monday for $246 before tax. I'm definitely blowing a lot of points but I think that's a good deal, considering the full cash rate.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:36 am

Everyone values points differently, but at $150 for the first night somewhere else, plus $246 (plus taxes), plus 138k points, vs. $955 + taxes you're getting roughly $620 of value from the points, equivalent to 0.44c/point. It's not awful, but it's roughly equivalent to the threshold where properties start dropping their points rates and so you're likely to better down the line. (Spend more on the first night and that points value drops). Of course, I'm comparing to a non-flexible rate, which I generally avoid, but a month out and knowing Miami Beach... I'd be happy with going non-flexible.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
Everyone values points differently, but at $150 for the first night somewhere else, plus $246 (plus taxes), plus 138k points, vs. $955 + taxes you're getting roughly $620 of value from the points, equivalent to 0.44c/point. It's not awful, but it's roughly equivalent to the threshold where properties start dropping their points rates and so you're likely to better down the line. (Spend more on the first night and that points value drops). Of course, I'm comparing to a non-flexible rate, which I generally avoid, but a month out and knowing Miami Beach... I'd be happy with going non-flexible.

yeah I know if you do the math it's not a great value... but I just earned 51K on my last stay in Japan and I've got a ton of points, so like you said everyone values them differently, I'm looking forward to the enjoyment/wow-factor of south beach.

But another thing, I'm splitting the $$$ cost with a friend, but we're using my points. If you factor that in, I don't think it's a bad deal.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I'm going to Miami for a 3 night stay at the Hilton Bentley (been there 5 times, love it).

I'm getting in the night before at 11 PM on a Friday, so I think it seems unnecessary to spend over $300 at the Hilton Bentley.

Any recommendations for a $150-175 hotel (or less) ?

Diamond Member (place with benefits a plus)
Beach, pool, restaurant, not needed at all
Prefer a "new" feeling hotel

I've stayed at the Hilton Miami airport before for the same purpose and thought it was fine.

I see there's a handful of Hamptons and Homewoods, was wondering if anyone stayed at any of these and was wowed.

The Embassy Suites looks old, but says it's going through renovations

Any recommendations?
As per the usual Jerry has provided some great links.

I would like to add the DoubleTree Gates hotel. I was renovated and opened as an Aloft now it's a Doubletree. It may be worth a look.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:32 am

Did a lot more reading this afternoon, I found one that doesn't seem to get a lot of reviews.

Has anyone stayed at this one? :

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Midtown

It's only $160 on my night, and looks brand new. I'm intrigued that there appears to be things walking distance around the hotel.

But I'm slightly more intrigued by the Vintro. The rooms definitely look modern and the rooftop area could be a cool spot to unwind after the flight.

Jerry, if you've stayed at Vintro and the Hilton airport - You've said both are good, but if the price is close enough, what one would you recommend for a cool experience?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did a lot more reading this afternoon, I found one that doesn't seem to get a lot of reviews.

Has anyone stayed at this one? :

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Midtown

It's only $160 on my night, and looks brand new. I'm intrigued that there appears to be things walking distance around the hotel.

But I'm slightly more intrigued by the Vintro. The rooms definitely look modern and the rooftop area could be a cool spot to unwind after the flight.

Jerry, if you've stayed at Vintro and the Hilton airport - You've said both are good, but if the price is close enough, what one would you recommend for a cool experience?
As I said before, the Vintro is different but I like it. The rooms are on the small side, furnished in a modern, edgy sort of a way. The lobby bar and restaurant are good. They have bikes you can borrow, and the breakfast in the restaurant was quite good during my stays last year. The bar at the Vintro will probably be closed when you arrive so you will probably miss out on the free drinks. My last stay at the MIA Hilton I was upgraded to a large suite, I left before breakfast in the morning.

I guess it depends upon if you just want to get to bed at midnight when you get in and then head over to SB in the morning or head to the Vintro and be at SB and not have as far to move the next day. I'd probably just let the rate and how tired I expect to be decide.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
As I said before, the Vintro is different but I like it. The rooms are on the small side, furnished in a modern, edgy sort of a way. The lobby bar and restaurant are good. They have bikes you can borrow, and the breakfast in the restaurant was quite good during my stays last year. The bar at the Vintro will probably be closed when you arrive so you will probably miss out on the free drinks. My last stay at the MIA Hilton I was upgraded to a large suite, I left before breakfast in the morning.

I guess it depends upon if you just want to get to bed at midnight when you get in and then head over to SB in the morning or head to the Vintro and be at SB and not have as far to move the next day. I'd probably just let the rate and how tired I expect to be decide.

Thank you very much for the recommendations.
I'll talk with my friend and watch the rate.
If it was just me, the edgy , trendy hotel would be unique and cool.
But I'm sure the larger hotel obviously has more upgradable rooms, that's always a plus.

Thanks again
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had two recent stays at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown. As a diamond I was not upgraded on either stay. I have been upgraded to the elite floors during previous stays. I did not push the issue as I wasn't going to be in the room much. As is normal here a drink (draft beer, wine, or soft drink) coupon for the bar was provided as a diamond amenity for both stays. Check in for one of the stays was quite perfunctory with no diamond welcome and I needed to ask for the normal diamond snack amenities (even though the drink coupon was provided). Breakfast is your normal Hampton breakfast. Plenty of places to eat in the area at various price ranges.

As I have previously noted a small pool and hot tub are provided with about 15 - 20 lounge chairs. The gym is larger than the standard Hampton gym with several cardio machines and dumbbells.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
As a diamond I was not upgraded on either stay. I have been upgraded to the elite floors during previous stays.
Strange that the property would have elite floors given the fact that Hamptons don't have lounges and the Hhonors T&Cs explicitly exclude Hamptons from providing upgrades. Was this property previously branded otherwise?

Just another normal day in Hilton "brand standards" land.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Strange that the property would have elite floors given the fact that Hamptons don't have lounges and the Hhonors T&Cs explicitly exclude Hamptons from providing upgrades. Was this property previously branded otherwise?

Just another normal day in Hilton "brand standards" land.
It's only a few years old and built as a Hampton. I have in the past received upgrades to the elite floors, I have never received a suite upgrade here. The elite floors have robes, slippers, nespresso coffeemakers, and an assortment of snacks in the rooms:
http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/guestrooms.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.