Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Well, you cut to the key factor - do you want to stay in South Beach (beach) or Brickell (hip urban area)? I'm not really sure how the two can be compared.
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Having stayed in both during the same trip last year I'd say the Bentley. Miami Beach has a much nicer vibe than Brickell, unless you are there on business or have some other reason to favour a downtown location.

No doubt the Conrad is the superior property, but this wouldn't swing it! The reason I stayed at both was because Miami Beach was prohibitively expensive just after Christmas, whereas the Conrad was predictably cheap at this time of year.
Well, either area is fine with me. I've stayed at the JW and Interconny in that same area. I've never actually stayed inside South Beach. I just wanted to make sure they're but up to standard. I don't want to get there and get a room with broken fixtures.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Well, either area is fine with me. I've stayed at the JW and Interconny in that same area. I've never actually stayed inside South Beach. I just wanted to make sure they're but up to standard. I don't want to get there and get a room with broken fixtures.
The Bentley is a converted apartment building and IMO feels like it. If you are looking for a modern hotel feel you would probably prefer the Conrad.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by arlflyer
The Bentley is a converted apartment building and IMO feels like it. If you are looking for a modern hotel feel you would probably prefer the Conrad.
Great! Thanks for the insight. I switched my reservation around and picked up Conrad instead.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Any suggestions on a hotel around FLL? Ideally with a shuttle.

Flying in and so will arrive late pm just before Christmas

We will then get a hire car from the following day.

Will need 2 rooms.

Any hotel to avoid?

Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just finished a short stay at the Hampton Inn in downtown Miami (Brickell). Might actually be the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever visited. ^ Rooms were great - firm, new mattresses and all of the modern touches such as plenty of bedside power outlets, etc. Breakfast was at the very high end of what to expect from the Hampton brand, and served in an area with ample seating to handles crowds. There's a lobby/pool bar, nice outdoor pool/jacuzzi, and three other restaurants in the building.

We just needed a place to crash that was fairly close to the Port of Miami, and this was available on short notice at a pretty good rate ($175/nt including parking). I'd probably want South Beach for a longer Miami stay, but in a pinch this hotel will do just fine. Great property all around!
Old May 15, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Good beach property?

We are looking to hop down to Florida in November for a few days to celebrate our anniversary. For logistical reasons Miami makes the most sense, so I'm trying to find nice properties that don't involve a lot of driving from the airport. Even Key Largo is a bit further than we'd like to have to go. Our goal is to relax on the beach or at the pool -- we're not looking for a party scene. Mrs. sxpsxpsxp loves the beach and the ocean. An on-property spa would be nice too.

I wasn't seeing a whole lot of detail in recent posts in this thread. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
We are looking to hop down to Florida in November for a few days to celebrate our anniversary. For logistical reasons Miami makes the most sense, so I'm trying to find nice properties that don't involve a lot of driving from the airport. Even Key Largo is a bit further than we'd like to have to go. Our goal is to relax on the beach or at the pool -- we're not looking for a party scene. Mrs. sxpsxpsxp loves the beach and the ocean. An on-property spa would be nice too.

I wasn't seeing a whole lot of detail in recent posts in this thread. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Conrad is nice but no beach. It has a spa.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-us-fl-12.html
If you want an beach nearby then look to the Miami Beach properties.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-us-fl-23.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...h-us-fl-2.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ton-us-fl.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ach-us-fl.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ton-us-fl.html
There are others.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Any suggestions on a hotel around FLL? Ideally with a shuttle...We will then get a hire car from the following day...
Any hotel to avoid?
I don't have any suggestions of where to go, but avoid the Bahia Mar Doubletree - great location but it's a dump. The FLL airport is pretty close to the beach/hotel strip, so even if there's no shuttle, a taxi only costs about $25 and there are a couple of car rental places located in/near the hotels, so you can pick one up from there instead of the airport if you prefer.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Thanks for the links to the threads.

The Bentley seems to be on the older side according to some of the comments I see.

The most recent comment in the Cabana thread is from 2 years ago. Does anyone have anything more recent to say?

Vintro and Gates seem to not actually be on the beach, but across the street or a block away, if I'm reading things correctly?

DoubleTree Ocean Point also sounds like it's on the older side, and it is also a bit further from MIA than I'd like to ideally be.

We're going for our anniversary, so I'm looking for something a bit nicer than your average family vacation.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred

Thanks in advance.
I'm in a similar situation and looking to add a few days on a trip to Orlando. I bounced around a few areas and initially booked an oceanfront room at Hilton Singer Island. Wasn't really thrilled with some of the reviews. Taking it to another level I came across http://www.eaupalmbeach.com/ It's a former Ritz Carlton. They have some great reviews on TripAdvisor and also running a promo thru the end of Sep with 3rd night free. Were not Spa people but the spa got good reviews and they have some Club level rooms that look interesting too. I realize this isn't a Hilton property and the promo ends before you're looking to go, but I just wanted pass this place on with what you're looking to do.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Thanks for the links to the threads.

The Bentley seems to be on the older side according to some of the comments I see.

The most recent comment in the Cabana thread is from 2 years ago. Does anyone have anything more recent to say?

Vintro and Gates seem to not actually be on the beach, but across the street or a block away, if I'm reading things correctly?

DoubleTree Ocean Point also sounds like it's on the older side, and it is also a bit further from MIA than I'd like to ideally be.

We're going for our anniversary, so I'm looking for something a bit nicer than your average family vacation.
If you want to be on the beach in Miami or South Beach then the Bentley is probably your best Hilton option. If you don't need the beach then the Conrad is very good. If you need the beach then you should look at non-Hilton options, such as the Tides, Edition, Faena, Raleigh, among others.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:53 pm

Hi everyone. I have an overnight layover at MIA on a Saturday night. Get in at 6:15pm and flight departs at 7:25am on Sunday morning.

Not sure if it is worth it to get a hotel in South Beach considering it is such a short stay.

What would you suggest for a stay for this short time? Likely breakfast will be a no-go at any properties; have to be at the airport early for the flight.

Won't have a car.
Hilton Diamond.
Need 2 beds.

Thanks!

(I'm also open to Hyatt properties if you think they are superior for this situation).
Old May 24, 2017, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Hi everyone. I have an overnight layover at MIA on a Saturday night. Get in at 6:15pm and flight departs at 7:25am on Sunday morning.

Not sure if it is worth it to get a hotel in South Beach considering it is such a short stay.

What would you suggest for a stay for this short time? Likely breakfast will be a no-go at any properties; have to be at the airport early for the flight.

Won't have a car.
Hilton Diamond.
Need 2 beds.

Thanks!

(I'm also open to Hyatt properties if you think they are superior for this situation).
I wouldn't both with South Beach with that little bit of time. The Bentley rates are going to be a lot higher than the airport and by the time you get there the pool and beach will be closed. If you really want to go to South Beach that night I'd stay by the airport and either Uber or take the south beach bus from the airport and have a nice dinner and go to Lincoln mall and back to the hotel.

I have stayed at the Embassy suites by MIA and liked it. One time I had a late flight into MIA and didn't want to waste the money on the Bentley that night so stayed there and took the bus from the airport to South Beach the next morning and stayed at the Bentley the other night. The rates were reasonable, typical ES breakfast and the pool was open pretty late and was able to get a swim in before going to bed.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wouldn't both with South Beach with that little bit of time. The Bentley rates are going to be a lot higher than the airport and by the time you get there the pool and beach will be closed. If you really want to go to South Beach that night I'd stay by the airport and either Uber or take the south beach bus from the airport and have a nice dinner and go to Lincoln mall and back to the hotel.

I have stayed at the Embassy suites by MIA and liked it. One time I had a late flight into MIA and didn't want to waste the money on the Bentley that night so stayed there and took the bus from the airport to South Beach the next morning and stayed at the Bentley the other night. The rates were reasonable, typical ES breakfast and the pool was open pretty late and was able to get a swim in before going to bed.
Thanks for the feedback! Have you ever stayed at the MIA Double Tree? It looks like it is a bit cheaper than ES and has a club lounge (I think).
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Best Sub $200 Miami Hotel

I'm going to Miami for a 3 night stay at the Hilton Bentley (been there 5 times, love it).

I'm getting in the night before at 11 PM on a Friday, so I think it seems unnecessary to spend over $300 at the Hilton Bentley.

Any recommendations for a $150-175 hotel (or less) ?

Diamond Member (place with benefits a plus)
Beach, pool, restaurant, not needed at all
Prefer a "new" feeling hotel

I've stayed at the Hilton Miami airport before for the same purpose and thought it was fine.

I see there's a handful of Hamptons and Homewoods, was wondering if anyone stayed at any of these and was wowed.

The Embassy Suites looks old, but says it's going through renovations

Any recommendations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.