Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:54 pm

Interesting! Never going to say no to benefits, that's for sure.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Had two recent stays at the Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. This is a fairly new 6 story Hampton Inn easily accessible from the Coconut Grove Metro Station (1 block east of the station and Dixie Highway); about 35 minutes from the airport on the Metro. Check in was quick and efficient with personable front desk staff. Rooms are standard Hampton Inn style with the newer walk in shower (no tub). The hotel is in a mixed residential/commercial area there are no view rooms. The University of Miami is two stops away on the Metro and Brickell is two stops away on the Metro in the other direction.

On one of the nights (Thursday) an evening reception was provided in the breakfast area consisting of free beer(bud and bud light), wine (red and white carafes), soft drinks, cheese, cold cuts, one hot item, and other odds and ends.

There is a small outdoor pool with lounge chairs and the gym is a standard Hampton gym.

Breakfast was your standard Hampton breakfast.

All members of staff were friendly and always acknowledged guests.

There is nothing particularly special about the hotel other than it did not disappoint and provided a standard Hampton experience with a few little extras (the evening reception and friendly staff).

A previous poster mentioned that the area the hotel is in wasn't great but I wouldn't classify it that way. The area is fine and seemed safe to me at all times of day. There are a few fast food places and at least one restaurant (Berries in the Grove) within a block of the hotel. There are a number of restaurants within a mile or two easily accessible by uber/lyft if one doesn't want to walk. Marinas and parks and shopping areas are about a half mile east. There are number of ways to route runs in that direction.

Rates were reasonable but this is probably highly dependent on season, cruise schedules, and local events. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I needed to be in the University of Miami area.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
Hilton Boca Beach Resort or Marriott Singer island?

Spend a night with wife mother and newborn. We are deciding between the Boca beach resprt (160K points for two rooms), or the Marriott Singer Islam’s (45K points +$200 for a 2 bedroom). Which would be a better hotel for the family? Thanks!!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by sm0421
Spend a night with wife mother and newborn. We are deciding between the Boca beach resprt (160K points for two rooms), or the Marriott Singer Islam’s (45K points +$200 for a 2 bedroom). Which would be a better hotel for the family? Thanks!!
I've only stayed at the Boca Beach Resort (assuming you're talking about the big pink Waldorf Astoria) and it was great, there were a lot of choices for food/dining or snacks. The property is also beautiful and nice to walk around. They had a ferry that would take you across the canal to the beach side and they have the usual chair/umbrella/towel service for guests there too. The pool over on the beach side was MUCH more crowded with guests of all ages. The rooms seemed a little older/"outdated" but still nice. I didn't get to see the rooms at the beach side WA but the beach property looks more modern.

I cannot comment on the Marriott since I've never been there.

I believe the Boca Beach Resort would be very enjoyable with your wife, mother, and newborn.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:06 pm

Is there any experience on Homewood Suites Miami Airport blue Lagoon. I was thinking of getting a premium suite. What is included in the snack items in the room? Anyone knows?
AStarr likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:57 pm

Given an almost $400 rate for the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for a single night in January, would you go with the cheaper Bahia Mar right down the road? I am struggling with paying this much for only a single night before a cruise.

My thanks in advance for your advice.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I have stayed at the Hilton resort and I don't think its worth $400 a night. Especially for just one night. I have not stayed at the Bahia Mar, but it is closer to the cruise port and right across the street from South Beach Park.

We were there in March at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale. The pool area is a couple floors up, and facing the beach, so it was not really warm. I imagine in January it could even be chillier.

Both are across the street from the beach. If you want a resort area and a pool, then the Hilton Marina might be a good choice too. Its on the water, but not on the beach. Its on the Causeway going over to the beach.

A lot of it depends upon what you want to do for one day before your cruise.
Old May 9, 2018, 5:45 pm

Thanks, bitterproffit. With last year being cold at this same time, I don't know what we'll end up doing other than dinner at Coconuts. I appreciate your time in responding to my fishing for opinions.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Looking for a nice hotel for new years eve in the Miami area.

Was looking at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resortbut I see that there is the Boca Beach Club close by?

Anyone know which might be the better option. Both same points, but the beach one is $200 more per night.

Any opinions? Probably better than the Conrad in Miami I think.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
I took the family to the Boca Beach Club for Spring Break this year. It is right on the beach vs. the Resort. Resort is an 8 minute shuttle away from the Beach Club. Loved it!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Looking for a nice hotel for new years eve in the Miami area.

Was looking at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resortbut I see that there is the Boca Beach Club close by?

Anyone know which might be the better option. Both same points, but the beach one is $200 more per night.

Any opinions? Probably better than the Conrad in Miami I think.
You might want to look at these threads:
Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}
Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I don't know if anyone has stayed here recently (and can't seem to find any recent stays from searching the forums), but I've been at the Miami Airport Hilton Blue Lagoon for a couple days and frankly I was pleasantly surprised given what I paid for the room. Granted, I was coming in with very low expectations which probably helped... I don't write up much about where I stay because there's already so much information out there about most of the places I stay. But this one seemed lacking information.

Concierge staff was incredibly helpful. I'm dealing with a fair amount of luggage on my own at the moment and didn't have to go chasing anyone down to help me with my bags. As a Gold member, I was upgraded from my original room (King with lagoon view) to what they claim is a junior suite... but on a corner. It's huge and definitely not what they have depicted on the Hilton website for the junior suite right now. I'm pretty sure my last flat in England was the size of this room (I wish I could bring this room to England, stash a small kitchen area and washer/dryer in it, and live in it tbh - the windows are impressive - I really like massive windows). Power outlets are conveniently built into the lamps, US only - three prong accepted, no USB ports. (And no lovely EU ports like the T4 Heathrow Hilton which is my current favourite airport hotel). I was also guaranteed a late check-out time at no cost given the time of my departing flight from MIA.

The bathroom leaves a bit desired as far as spacing (the door opens almost right into the toilet). But the shower is great. Didn't get to do my shower test in it (I judge a shower by washing my hair, which is about mid-back length and requires a lot of conditioner). The overall decor is a bit dated but everything was clean and didn't feel cheap/tacky or overly worn.

The lobby has some construction during the day as they're opening a grab-and-go concept downstairs. This could not be heard from my particular location on the 4th floor. The restaurant downstairs was fine - nothing to write home about, overpriced for what it is but I sort of expect this. It's an airport hotel, so it was predictably packed even for a late dinner. The staff never let me feel like I had been forgotten even though I was on my own. (This seems to happen to me quite a lot)

The pool bar was enjoyable. Nothing terribly imaginative going on with the drinks menu there except a few typical tropical delights. But there are iguanas. You get a fantastic view of the airport just over the highway and the lagoon. There was surprisingly very little noise from the airport - in fact, none that I ever noticed. They have several options on the property for getting out of the building without leaving the property - the pool, some trails, some bicycles you can use, tennis courts. Towels are available at the pool.

The offerings at breakfast was somewhat underwhelming if you limit yourself to what is included with the Gold membership. Breakfast only includes continental. There is a surcharge for the rest of it. And the continental options are slim and not exactly the most well presented. But everything was fresh and well-intentioned. Although I'm confused by the cheese cubes? What's up with that? Sliced meats but cubed cheese... I'm so confused. The fruit was fresh. There were packaged yogurts and yogurt in bowls. Overnight oats were also offered with fruit. Bread options were significant - with many sweets. Cold cereal was also available and not in those annoying little boxes. Service stood out here again. Despite being packed at 10.00, my tea and juice were refilled quite timely and proper sugar found promptly.

Housekeeping came around in late afternoon, which I prefer. And it seems they're pretty great at not bugging you if you don't want housekeeping. I had one day with and one day without. So, if you're me, and you sleep on strange schedules, no one is pounding on the door several times in the morning asking if you'd like fresh towels. Again, they were super nice and friendly. In the room, Crabtree and Evelyn products were available (are all Hilton properties switching to these? or just certain room types? I miss the massage soap bars but not the shampoo/conditioner bottles of the other brand)

The room service menu is extortionate on top of a 22% service charge, a $5 flat fee, plus 9% local taxes. A pizza will set you back something like $28. And the menu just did not look that great. Uber Eats can get here just fine (and concierge staff will even help them find you). My room did have a mini-bar and the prices are about the same as the downstairs shop. A bottled Coke downstairs ran $3.50, from the mini-bar it was less at $3 but the smaller bottle. You can request an empty mini-fridge if you'd like.

Overall, it's not a stellar place or a destination place. Of course I have't tried out all the services available (laundry, room service, airport shuttle, nothing broke in my room, I oddly had all my toiletries for once in my life), but the service aspect of this hotel has been pretty great. Quite literally everyone has been nice, kind, and seemed genuinely friendly and wanting to ensure that I was comfortable and that my needs were met. If you're stuck here for a night or even more than a night, it's definitely reasonable for what they're offering and the cost. I've seen them run as low as $93 and up to $124 for the lowest cost rooms. Upgraded rooms are not significantly more expensive. I would definitely stay here again if it's just me and I'm not wanting to go to the beach or do a whole lot in Miami. I had very specific goals while I was here and was able to achieve them easily from this location.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by AStarr
I don't know if anyone has stayed here recently (and can't seem to find any recent stays from searching the forums), but I've been at the Miami Airport Hilton Blue Lagoon for a couple days and frankly I was pleasantly surprised given what I paid for the room. Granted, I was coming in with very low expectations which probably helped... I don't write up much about where I stay because there's already so much information out there about most of the places I stay. But this one seemed lacking information.

Concierge staff was incredibly helpful. I'm dealing with a fair amount of luggage on my own at the moment and didn't have to go chasing anyone down to help me with my bags. As a Gold member, I was upgraded from my original room (King with lagoon view) to what they claim is a junior suite... but on a corner. It's huge and definitely not what they have depicted on the Hilton website for the junior suite right now. I'm pretty sure my last flat in England was the size of this room (I wish I could bring this room to England, stash a small kitchen area and washer/dryer in it, and live in it tbh - the windows are impressive - I really like massive windows). Power outlets are conveniently built into the lamps, US only - three prong accepted, no USB ports. (And no lovely EU ports like the T4 Heathrow Hilton which is my current favourite airport hotel). I was also guaranteed a late check-out time at no cost given the time of my departing flight from MIA.

The bathroom leaves a bit desired as far as spacing (the door opens almost right into the toilet). But the shower is great. Didn't get to do my shower test in it (I judge a shower by washing my hair, which is about mid-back length and requires a lot of conditioner). The overall decor is a bit dated but everything was clean and didn't feel cheap/tacky or overly worn.

The lobby has some construction during the day as they're opening a grab-and-go concept downstairs. This could not be heard from my particular location on the 4th floor. The restaurant downstairs was fine - nothing to write home about, overpriced for what it is but I sort of expect this. It's an airport hotel, so it was predictably packed even for a late dinner. The staff never let me feel like I had been forgotten even though I was on my own. (This seems to happen to me quite a lot)

The pool bar was enjoyable. Nothing terribly imaginative going on with the drinks menu there except a few typical tropical delights. But there are iguanas. You get a fantastic view of the airport just over the highway and the lagoon. There was surprisingly very little noise from the airport - in fact, none that I ever noticed. They have several options on the property for getting out of the building without leaving the property - the pool, some trails, some bicycles you can use, tennis courts. Towels are available at the pool.

The offerings at breakfast was somewhat underwhelming if you limit yourself to what is included with the Gold membership. Breakfast only includes continental. There is a surcharge for the rest of it. And the continental options are slim and not exactly the most well presented. But everything was fresh and well-intentioned. Although I'm confused by the cheese cubes? What's up with that? Sliced meats but cubed cheese... I'm so confused. The fruit was fresh. There were packaged yogurts and yogurt in bowls. Overnight oats were also offered with fruit. Bread options were significant - with many sweets. Cold cereal was also available and not in those annoying little boxes. Service stood out here again. Despite being packed at 10.00, my tea and juice were refilled quite timely and proper sugar found promptly.

Housekeeping came around in late afternoon, which I prefer. And it seems they're pretty great at not bugging you if you don't want housekeeping. I had one day with and one day without. So, if you're me, and you sleep on strange schedules, no one is pounding on the door several times in the morning asking if you'd like fresh towels. Again, they were super nice and friendly. In the room, Crabtree and Evelyn products were available (are all Hilton properties switching to these? or just certain room types? I miss the massage soap bars but not the shampoo/conditioner bottles of the other brand)

The room service menu is extortionate on top of a 22% service charge, a $5 flat fee, plus 9% local taxes. A pizza will set you back something like $28. And the menu just did not look that great. Uber Eats can get here just fine (and concierge staff will even help them find you). My room did have a mini-bar and the prices are about the same as the downstairs shop. A bottled Coke downstairs ran $3.50, from the mini-bar it was less at $3 but the smaller bottle. You can request an empty mini-fridge if you'd like.

Overall, it's not a stellar place or a destination place. Of course I have't tried out all the services available (laundry, room service, airport shuttle, nothing broke in my room, I oddly had all my toiletries for once in my life), but the service aspect of this hotel has been pretty great. Quite literally everyone has been nice, kind, and seemed genuinely friendly and wanting to ensure that I was comfortable and that my needs were met. If you're stuck here for a night or even more than a night, it's definitely reasonable for what they're offering and the cost. I've seen them run as low as $93 and up to $124 for the lowest cost rooms. Upgraded rooms are not significantly more expensive. I would definitely stay here again if it's just me and I'm not wanting to go to the beach or do a whole lot in Miami. I had very specific goals while I was here and was able to achieve them easily from this location.
Thanks for the review - you might like to repost at Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon {US-FL} which is the thread for the hotel as you've included some excellent points.

I am staying there in December for one night after our arrival from the UK. We will then collect our hire car the next morning.
AStarr likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Thanks for the review - you might like to repost at Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon {US-FL} which is the thread for the hotel as you've included some excellent points.

I am staying there in December for one night after our arrival from the UK. We will then collect our hire car the next morning.
Ah. I think I stumbled into that thread and promptly forgot about it.

It's definitely interesting for an airport hotel
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had another recent stay at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. Check in was efficient and diamond benefits provided. Arrived in time for the evening reception (this is one of those Hamptons that goes further by providing an evening reception) which consisted of red and white wine (by carafe) and bottled domestic beer, several snack items, a few hot snack items, popcorn, and entertainment. Dinner at one of the restaurants within walking distance. Running routes away from Dixie Highway (toward the ocean) are easy and accessible. Breakfast is your normal Hampton Inn breakfast. Small pool and the usual small Hampton fitness room. This is becoming one of my favorite HIs.Be advised there is some renovation of the exterior of the property occurring during the day, although I never heard any noise.

A week later or so I had a stay at Hilton Garden Inn Miami South Beach. As this is a renovated historical property, rooms here can be very small. Location is at Collins and 29th and is across the street from the beach. Beach towels are provided by the hotel. The hotel has a cozy bar with happy hour in the evenings. Running is easy on the beachwalk. Normal HGI breakfast in a breakfast room in the basement.

Finally, I had a stay at the new Hilton Garden Inn Miami Brickell South. This is the former Hotel Urbano at the corner of Brickell and 26th (Rickenbacker Causeway) which was reflagged as an HGI ~ 22Nov18. The hotel is about a mile south of the main Brickell financial district. There is still some work being done on the hotel and some members of the staff are brand new but I had an easy check in and the room was recently remodeled in the current HGI style. Valet parking only. Each room has a balcony which is just large enough for a couple of chairs (although none are provided). A nice pool area is provided with loungers and a bar (although the bar wasn't open yet). This hotel provides easy access to Virginia Key and Key Biscayne if you don't want to stay on that side of the bridge. Running is easy across the causeway or toward Brickell or Vizcaya. Breakfast consisted only of cold options or the waffle maker (hot options will be available later when they get everything finished) in the large breakfast area. The only protein option at this time is hard boiled eggs. The breakfast attendant was friendly and helpful. There appeared to only be a handful of rooms occupied while I was there. If you have business in Brickell staying here will require that mile walk in the morning or use of the free Brickell Trolley (or a cab or uber).
LadyShiva likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.