Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have probably been to Florida over 200 times in my life, for starters Boca is not a place I aspired to be in in the first place. That added to the rest and a horrible check-in experience/agent, and knowing that their hotel was so empty at the times that you could have repeatedly thrown bowling balls around without hitting anyone and that the actual rate they were charging at that time (checking right there and then) was actually comparable to what there fees (and breakfast) would have been. I should also add that at the time the whole WA thing was new, so no I did NOT know that breakfast would not be included.

So between the less than stellar location, that I was not enthused about before hand, what were then mostly surprise fees (parking was the only one I counted on), the crappy and arrogant check-in lady, her refusal to call a manager, and her insistence on the resort fee, I left and will never step foot in there again (which I think is something that in 13,000 or so posts on FT I may have never said before).
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Went ahead and booked two rooms for 5 nights for Spring Break with the family next April. Fingers crossed we get good weather. 90% positive reviews made me feel comfortable booking this property. Hoping that Boca isn't a Spring Break destination and the property isn't sold out. Hoping to leverage my lifetime Diamond status to get an upgrade. Will report back.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Great choice

We went there a couple years ago for spring break booked an awards day. Awesome Use of points in my opinion. The hotel was sold out so there was no room for upgrade. Although the hotel is full, it’s not crazy spring break crowd. It’s lots of nice families. You’ll really enjoy it.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Chicago Wine Geek
Went ahead and booked two rooms for 5 nights for Spring Break with the family next April. Fingers crossed we get good weather. 90% positive reviews made me feel comfortable booking this property. Hoping that Boca isn't a Spring Break destination and the property isn't sold out. Hoping to leverage my lifetime Diamond status to get an upgrade. Will report back.
Did you book an ocean view room or non-ocean view room? If you booked an ocean view room, chances are you won't see an upgrade as although there are room categories above ocean view, they are not plentiful. If you booked a non-ocean view (standard) room, you have a good chance of success at being upgraded in April. Most of the rooms at the beach club are ocean view. I just wouldn't have high expectations of securing adjoining ocean view rooms. That might be a big ask depending on their available inventory.

I go here every year and I love it, as you probably can tell by my posts! BTW, when the March and April edition of Boca Club Life gets posted on the web (happens on the first of each month) you might also peruse it for Premier Member activities that you can join in on. As long as you pay, they'll let you right in. I went to a Joe Wagner wine dinner (Caymus, Belle Glos, etc.) last May and it was cool to have Joe pouring wine.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ben1233
Did you book an ocean view room or non-ocean view room? If you booked an ocean view room, chances are you won't see an upgrade as although there are room categories above ocean view, they are not plentiful. If you booked a non-ocean view (standard) room, you have a good chance of success at being upgraded in April. Most of the rooms at the beach club are ocean view. I just wouldn't have high expectations of securing adjoining ocean view rooms. That might be a big ask depending on their available inventory.

I go here every year and I love it, as you probably can tell by my posts! BTW, when the March and April edition of Boca Club Life gets posted on the web (happens on the first of each month) you might also peruse it for Premier Member activities that you can join in on. As long as you pay, they'll let you right in. I went to a Joe Wagner wine dinner (Caymus, Belle Glos, etc.) last May and it was cool to have Joe pouring wine.
Ben,

I booked a two regular rooms (600,000 points about). Need adjoining rooms for my 12 and 14 year olds kids. Wouldn't want them on another floor, they might kill each other Thanks for the Boac Club Life tip. I'm a HUGE wine geek so I would have loved the Wagner dinner!!!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:29 am

Great choice
You'll have a great time
And no you need not worry about spring breaker if you pm me a r
Few weeks before I'll give you some tips and answer your individual questions
​​​​​
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
We are a family of 4 with two kids 5 & 8. Looking for a nice 3 night stay in March at a beach resort, without too much crowding or worry about Spring Breakers. Are we going to get a better experience here vs something like the Diplomat in Hollywood? I am Honors Gold. Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:32 am

Nice place!

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
We are a family of 4 with two kids 5 & 8. Looking for a nice 3 night stay in March at a beach resort, without too much crowding or worry about Spring Breakers. Are we going to get a better experience here vs something like the Diplomat in Hollywood? I am Honors Gold. Thanks!
We stayed here for Spring Break a few years ago. While it was sold out, we always got a place on the beach. Just go early around 930 AM. It's a very nice family place. Lots of young families. No crazy Spring Breakers here. I don't know anything about Hollywood Diplomat.

I'm a Diamond. Since they were sold out, they could not upgrade me to a bigger room. I did get a slight ocean view.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Is there anywhere to park a car off Beach Club grounds, that isn't too far away from the hotel? $40/nt is pretty steep for valet.
Or maybe its best to just turn the car in and Lyft around Boca if need be?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:17 pm
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Is there anywhere to park a car off Beach Club grounds, that isn't too far away from the hotel? $40/nt is pretty steep for valet.
Or maybe its best to just turn the car in and Lyft around Boca if need be?
I know of nowhere in that area to park. If you can Lyft or Uber there, you're fine. Depending on how long you're staying, you might not even leave the grounds. I live less than an hour's drive though, so I sucked it up and paid the $40. And yeah, it sucks.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:03 pm

How was the trip? Any notable Diamond treatment, either good or bad? I'm considering using a free weekend night cert here in early June. Hoping it's low enough season that an upgrade could be in the cards. Any lounge? What's the breakfast story for diamonds?

Thanks for any insights!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:29 am

Bumping they thread. Any recent stays? Do you still have to pay resort fee when redeeeming points?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:10 am

I didn’t pay resort fees when staying on points in 2015.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:26 pm
pjs

What's the story on breakfast for Diamonds here? Some of the TA reviews indicate you get $15 towards the cost, but there's still a significant cost.

Staying on points 12/31-1/5 with wife and 16yo. Decided not to rent a car because of the $40 parking and we will just Uber/Lyft to friends in the area (or make them come to us). I have $220 resort credit left on my Aspire so it should cover some meals/activities there.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by pjs
What's the story on breakfast for Diamonds here? Some of the TA reviews indicate you get $15 towards the cost, but there's still a significant cost.

Staying on points 12/31-1/5 with wife and 16yo. Decided not to rent a car because of the $40 parking and we will just Uber/Lyft to friends in the area (or make them come to us). I have $220 resort credit left on my Aspire so it should cover some meals/activities there.
I did not get anything towards breakfast in 2015. You should call the hotel and ask as properties seem to change their policies on these things.

Also, confirm the Aspire resort credit works at this property. I was looking into that card but it seemed like the resorts were limited. Please post and let us know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.