Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:08 am

generally really simple. find the hotel email and ask them to book a given restaurant
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
I've dealt with their concierge before and had no problem with reserving restaurants, as long as there was an opening. Here's the email address: [email protected]

Last edited by Gradfly; Aug 25, 2018 at 1:13 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by brentyb
Hoping for some info. Staying here Nov 30 and Dec 1 on first trip to Japan. It seems like you need your hotel concierge to make reservations to most of the higher end restaurants.

Does anyone have experience doing this at this Hotel? Is there an email address for the concierge?

Any help or a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Not simple. If you have a dedicated concierge service on your credit card like Visa Signature, Citi Concierge or World Mastercard, absolutely have them make the reservations. The hotel concierge is tied in to 1,000 guests and their requests. The credit card concierges have dining contacts in Japan who will work specifically on your requests and keep trying until you secure a reservation. Most high end will also require a credit card to secure the booking, which the hotel can not turn over.

A hotel in Japan (not this one) told me a restaurant (not even crazy popular) was completely sold out during my stay. My concierge service kept trying until someone answered the phone at the restaurant and got me a booking.

Good luck!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:19 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Gradfly
I've dealt with their concierge before and had no problem with reserving restaurants, as long as there was an opening. Here's the email address: [email protected]
I have used this email for the Concierge at Tokyo Hilton to book concert tix etc & had excellent results. It took a day or so to respond and was all perfectly executed ^
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
We were spoiled as we visited Conrad first and then went to Hilton. Hated the lobby area as it was nothing biut flight crews and tour groups overwhelmingly everything. The one bedroom suite was nice and we were able to see Mt Fuji. The lounge actually had a separate room for Diamonds last we wwre there. Breakfast in the lounge had an orange juice machine with lots of oranges to juice. Breakfast downstairs was very underwhelming.

We actually walked to Shinjuku rather than wait for the shuttle. Its not far at all. Two subways downstairs are convenient.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cruisr
We were spoiled as we visited Conrad first and then went to Hilton. Hated the lobby area as it was nothing biut flight crews and tour groups overwhelmingly everything. The one bedroom suite was nice and we were able to see Mt Fuji. The lounge actually had a separate room for Diamonds last we wwre there. Breakfast in the lounge had an orange juice machine with lots of oranges to juice. Breakfast downstairs was very underwhelming.

We actually walked to Shinjuku rather than wait for the shuttle. Its not far at all. Two subways downstairs are convenient.
That's kind of where I'm at. I'm opting to repeat the Conrad. Hilton Tokyo looks nice and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there but the Conrad is a nice nice treat. And since I'm diamond, I get to have their awesome breakfast spread with those amazing views. Hard to beat that.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by monahos
Check again in a few months, the Conrad Tokyo, among others, is playing games with award availability by not listing their standard rooms (deluxe city view) for sale past 12/21 yet, which conveniently makes standard awards unavailable. No doubt they think 95k HH is below market rate.
Conrad opened up award availability for 2019 a few days after I complained about it. Before that, they offered to upsell me to a Bay room for points and about 10000 yen a night, on the condition that they would move our reservation to a straight points one should award availability open up (which it soon did) So there is definitely room for negotiation by dealing directly with the hotel.
kapooncha likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Conrad opened up award availability for 2019 a few days after I complained about it. Before that, they offered to upsell me to a Bay room for points and about 10000 yen a night, on the condition that they would move our reservation to a straight points one should award availability open up (which it soon did) So there is definitely room for negotiation by dealing directly with the hotel.
Good work! I love the Conrad, happy I'll get to stay there again. Going in April, room rates are about $950 per night so tremendous value using my points.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kapooncha
That's kind of where I'm at. I'm opting to repeat the Conrad. Hilton Tokyo looks nice and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there but the Conrad is a nice nice treat. And since I'm diamond, I get to have their awesome breakfast spread with those amazing views. Hard to beat that.
Obviously the Conrad is a better hotel, but Shinjuku and Shinbashi are far enough apart that location need also be a consideration. If most of your activities are going to be around Shinjuku, then the 30 minute one way train trip will quickly become a burden.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Obviously the Conrad is a better hotel, but Shinjuku and Shinbashi are far enough apart that location need also be a consideration. If most of your activities are going to be around Shinjuku, then the 30 minute one way train trip will quickly become a burden.
Just a pleasure trip for me. Time is of no consequence.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kapooncha
Thanks for this post. I just booked 5 nights for my preferred dates in April! Yes, God I love this hotel. Subway right underneath the hotel is dreamland.
You're easy to please. I do think the Hilton has good location for many visitors to Tokyo. Other than that, it's just a decent place to sleep with some good (but not extraordinary) Diamond perks. I would definitely return. Or I'd stay elsewhere if I got a better deal. There's not much to get excited about.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
You're easy to please.
I believe kapooncha is talking about the Conrad.
kapooncha likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by monahos
I believe kapooncha is talking about the Conrad.
jackpot
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
When you contacted them directly, was it through their general email or a specific dept? I'm considering doing this myself. Been looking at weekends in Jan 2019 for awhile now, but they seem to be blocked out. My suspicion is that they're trying to limit the free weekend certificate holders from cashing in.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Gradfly
My suspicion is that they're trying to limit the free weekend certificate holders from cashing in.
Saturday nights are the most expensive ones at nicer hotels in Japan because of their highly lucrative wedding business. Understandably hotels would much rather cash in than receive the meager compensation HH gives them.
I am unaware of HH practices, but one advantage of IHG is that they compensate the hotel for its average room rate when occupancy exceeds 95%, which helps with award availability and makes it a win-win for the hotel and the guest, if not for IHG.
That said I have been regularly checking Tokyo award availability for a specific Saturday this winter, and am reasonably confident the Conrad never made even one standard award room available at any point.

This all comes down to those certificates, where the original intent was for US customers to use them on weekends when business was slow; Japan has always been an exception, and is where I have redeemed most of my IC AMB weekend BOGO certs for the past decades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.