Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Does Limo Bus have wifi? That's something I enjoy on NEX, as I can knock out any work that's built up while in the air (can't access work VPN in the air).
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Does Limo Bus have wifi? That's something I enjoy on NEX, as I can knock out any work that's built up while in the air (can't access work VPN in the air).
Not that I'm aware of.. I just have a international roaming (from a US perspective) cellular plan that includes data on my phone, which I can use as a hot spot if necessary. It would be a nice upgrade though!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Not that I'm aware of.. I just have a international roaming (from a US perspective) cellular plan that includes data on my phone, which I can use as a hot spot if necessary. It would be a nice upgrade though!
Thanks. Also looks like it takes over 2.5 hours...
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I've seen Free Wifi offered on the overhead screen but I've never used it as I just use cellular data as well.

ETA: Found it on the Limo Bus website

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/information/wifi/
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel

I've seen Free Wifi offered on the overhead screen but I've never used it as I just use cellular data as well.

ETA: Found it on the Limo Bus website

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/information/wifi/
Someone who actually pays attention to the overhead screens! I guess I should start now...

But seriously, thanks for sharing!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thanks. Also looks like it takes over 2.5 hours...
I think the time is around 2:15 hours from NRT to the Hilton Shinjuku, but when you compare to the NEX, you get door-to-door service which does make up some in convenience. On the inbound I usually pick whichever has the closer departure time after I have cleared customs and on the outbound I take the weather and time of day into consideration.. The NEX is of course much more predictable.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Limo Bus from NRT to Hilton Tokyo no Thurs 8 March at 1020 was 1 hour 50 min (last of three stops). From Hilton Tokyo to HND at 1400 was 1 hour 10 min (first stop of 5, if I recall correctly) on 13 March.

Both buses had wifi. And was extremely convenient not having to pull luggage around.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks, Mycell. That seems like excellent value. We'll have only rollerboards, so saving 2000 yen per person seems worthwhile.

The Access Narita bus seems to run quite frequently. Like every 10 to 20 minutes. I assume there's never a backlog?

Thanks.
Hi,

If you are staying at the Hilton I would probably book a day or 2 in advance. One day in the lounge ( mid nov 17) I overheard the lounge agent saying that an afternoon bus was full ( c 240pm IIRC). There is also a Limosine bus from Shinjuku station itself.

The bus stopped at about 4 other hotels before heading to NRT ( it has never been that busy for me first thnig in the morning)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 20, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

If you are staying at the Hilton I would probably book a day or 2 in advance. One day in the lounge I overheard the lounge agent saying that an afternoon bus was full ( c 240pm IIRC). There is also a Limosine bus from Shinjuku station itself.
I've had that happen myself (to HND). I've also sometimes wanted to leave earlier than scheduled and as long as there's seats available, no issue changing departure times from the originally booked one either.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
The nex gives me massive motion sickness. Either the bus or the skyliner (or even the cheaper sky access) for me
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:40 am

Earlier this year I took the Airport Limousine Bus from Narita to the Hilton Tokyo on a Saturday with little traffic. The 2 X 2 seats were comfortable and spacious, and there was WiFi and electrical outlets on-board that actually performed quite well. There were plenty of empty seats, and so I spent the 45 minute ride surfing the net, with no one beside me. There was an LED monitor that displayed the upcoming stops, but as I knew mine was the last stop, I did not have to pay attention.

When it came time to leave, and because I had the luxury of a late afternoon flight on a weekday, I chose a different option to make my way back to Narita airport. Taking the subway to Tokyo Station, I walked the kitty corner block and a half to the Tokyo Shuttle bus stop. It basically provided the same service as the Airport Limousine Bus I had taken into the city a few days earlier, but at a third of the cost for a fare of ¥1,000 plus ¥200 for the subway fare. I paid the cash fare at an automated machine, and was then directed to an short queue under a shelter to wait for the next departure, some 15 minutes later. The protocol, service and comfort was identical to the Airport Limousine Bus, and buses left on a frequent schedule, approximately every 20 minutes. There were few passengers, so I sat alone and made use of the free WiFi with electrical outlets at every seat. In Japan, the electrical plugs are identical to those in North America, but electrical current is rated at 100V instead of our 120V. Despite frequent traffic advisories, it took almost exactly one hour to arrive at Terminal 1.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyme2
Earlier this year I took the Airport Limousine Bus from Narita to the Hilton Tokyo on a Saturday with little traffic. The 2 X 2 seats were comfortable and spacious, and there was WiFi and electrical outlets on-board that actually performed quite well. There were plenty of empty seats, and so I spent the 45 minute ride surfing the net, with no one beside me. There was an LED monitor that displayed the upcoming stops, but as I knew mine was the last stop, I did not have to pay attention.

When it came time to leave, and because I had the luxury of a late afternoon flight on a weekday, I chose a different option to make my way back to Narita airport. Taking the subway to Tokyo Station, I walked the kitty corner block and a half to the Tokyo Shuttle bus stop. It basically provided the same service as the Airport Limousine Bus I had taken into the city a few days earlier, but at a third of the cost for a fare of ¥1,000 plus ¥200 for the subway fare. I paid the cash fare at an automated machine, and was then directed to an short queue under a shelter to wait for the next departure, some 15 minutes later. The protocol, service and comfort was identical to the Airport Limousine Bus, and buses left on a frequent schedule, approximately every 20 minutes. There were few passengers, so I sat alone and made use of the free WiFi with electrical outlets at every seat. In Japan, the electrical plugs are identical to those in North America, but electrical current is rated at 100V instead of our 120V. Despite frequent traffic advisories, it took almost exactly one hour to arrive at Terminal 1.
Thanks flyme. Your report confirms my suspicion that the Access Narita service is the logical choice from the Hilton to the airport from a cost/convenience standpoint. For about the same cost, I would obviously prefer a one-seat bus ride from the hotel, but I'd feel foolish paying that if a straightforward two-seat ride is 1/3rd the cost.

For folks going roundtrip from Narita, the Limousine Bus' roundtrip offer would make it a closer convenience/cost call.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:05 pm

To dispel any confusion, Access Narita THE ACCESS NARITA is a different service from the Tokyo Shuttle Expressway Bus: Tokyo Sta. - Narita Airport of 1000 yen Tokyo Shuttle Keisei Bus that I used.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyme2
To dispel any confusion, Access Narita THE ACCESS NARITA is a different service from the Tokyo Shuttle Expressway Bus: Tokyo Sta. - Narita Airport of 1000 yen Tokyo Shuttle Keisei Bus that I used.
Yes, there is certainly confusion!

So there are apparently two competing 1000 yen Tokyo Station to Narita bus lines? Isn't that a bit odd? And is one better than the other?

EDIT:

This blog post has a good summary of the Narita transport situation:

https://livejapan.com/en/in-narita/article-a0000938/

Last edited by iahphx; Mar 21, 2018 at 8:16 pm Reason: more
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Platinum, AA, USAir, ANA,
Back to the Hilton Tokyo questions. I booked two rooms for two nights in May before a cruise out in Yokohama, both under my name for our family of 5, using points. I am HH Gold. I understand that we may not get any upgrades and Hilton Tokyo already contacted me about the extra charge for a 3rd bed (rollaway) in one of the rooms. Questions:
1. Do guests in both rooms get breakfast or just those in my room?
2. If we think we can handle three in a room without the extra bed, can we get out of the extra bed charge when we check in?

We have stayed at Hilton Tokyo once in 2012 when the 3 of us (Husband, son, and I) were in the same room. Breakfast for all three of us. We did not get upgrade to the EL but got an upgrade to a junior suite which was great! No charge for the extra bed either. The check-in manager told us that we would probably be out sightseeing all day anyway and the lounge would not do us any good. He was right. He gave us a stack of drink coupons for the bar in the lobby which we did not use at all. Just wondering what we should expect this time around.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.