Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by username
1 - Hilton King - City and park views, high floor, WiFi, 40-inch LCD TV, work - 58,000 points
2 - King Deluxe - City and park views, WiFi, 40-inch LCD TV, work desk - 51,000 points
3 - King Premium - City and park views, WiFi, 40-inch LCD TV, work desk - 54,000 points

2 - Why does #1 say high floor but the other more expensive ones don't?
did you make a typo there? i see from your list that #1 is the most expensive.

personally, i would take the least expensive one and hope for a higher floor.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by BenSenise

I noticed that while looking to make a booking at this hotel.

The first tier of Premium rooms are slightly less than the regular rooms. Recall that Premium rooms are not eligible for fifth night free but the regular ones are. So, five nights in the regular room may run 238-240k points total but five nights in the Premium room may run 255k points.
BenSenise likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Experience with over a dozen stays as a Diamond. but yes, "hope" is a better term, but probability for an upgrade is high!
Thanks. Definitely need to learn to be polite before arriving in Japan

Originally Posted by BenSenise

As sannmann explained, not typo. Kind of interesting pricing strategy but also tells us that essentially award pricing is not based on cash price.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:12 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
For those with more experience at this hotel, I have a question about room types. I'm a Diamond member. Hilton's website is offering the Hilton King as the lowest-priced room (about $412/night). Chase UR Travel Portal is offering a "Double or Twin Standard" for $357/night. In light of comments that upgrades are common, is there any reason not to choose the cheaper room?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dwbf11
For those with more experience at this hotel, I have a question about room types. I'm a Diamond member. Hilton's website is offering the Hilton King as the lowest-priced room (about $412/night). Chase UR Travel Portal is offering a "Double or Twin Standard" for $357/night. In light of comments that upgrades are common, is there any reason not to choose the cheaper room?
Don't know enough about the Chase UR Travel Portal, but to my knowledge you only receive all the DIA benefits if you book through Hilton.com or by calling their reservations directly. 3rd party reservations systems usually don't earn points and tier benefits are limited, if not non-existent. Someone else could correct me, but I would definitely inquire with the HHD desk. On the flip side, they are supposed to price match..
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Don't know enough about the Chase UR Travel Portal, but to my knowledge you only receive all the DIA benefits if you book through Hilton.com or by calling their reservations directly. 3rd party reservations systems usually don't earn points and tier benefits are limited, if not non-existent. Someone else could correct me, but I would definitely inquire with the HHD desk. On the flip side, they are supposed to price match..
From my experience it can be YMMV depending on the property. I booked a room at Conrad Manila through the Visa Signature Luxury Collection. At check in, FD staff recognized my status and gave me a letter listing my Diamond benefits at the hotel. Only hiccup was at check-out when my bill initially did not recognize a benefit from the Visa side.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Experience with over a dozen stays as a Diamond. but yes, "hope" is a better term, but probability for an upgrade is high!
YMMV. Stayed once as a Diamond in 2016. Didn't get an upgrade until I "asked, then was denied, then asked again" as the room they put us in was so small that it couldn't even accommodate a rollaway bed for my son so he would have had to share the single bed in the room. They were not sold out and bigger/upgraded rooms were available for purchase. This was on an award stay. Their excuse was that they had "high occupancy" but confirmed they were not sold out and they had availability. They were just choosing not to honor it until I called them out. I was not impressed at all...especially after the amazing stay and service I had at the IC Osaka, also on an award.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:12 am
Suspended

How do you all like this hotel in general? Nice rooms? Good treatment of Diamonds? I'm thinking of going in April and redeeming points offers some incredible value. But part of me wants to go luxe and shell out the points for the Park Hyatt.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by kapooncha
How do you all like this hotel in general? Nice rooms? Good treatment of Diamonds? I'm thinking of going in April and redeeming points offers some incredible value. But part of me wants to go luxe and shell out the points for the Park Hyatt.
Hi,

It is a very good hotel, good rooms good location in Shinjuku with access to Shinjuku station and 2 other subway stations, good fitness facilities and pool. The lounge is very good. The hotel can be busy at times The Park hyatt is probably slightly further away from Shinjuku station and the other subway stations.

Have you considered the Conrad in shimbashi?

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

It is a very good hotel, good rooms good location in Shinjuku with access to Shinjuku station and 2 other subway stations, good fitness facilities and pool. The lounge is very good. The hotel can be busy at times The Park hyatt is probably slightly further away from Shinjuku station and the other subway stations.

Regards

TBS
I did consider it. I stayed at the Conrad a few years ago and loved it but unfortunately seems like they have all rooms unavailable for point redemptions the entire month of April.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Regards

TBS
The Hilton Tokyo is an older but completely solid 4-star hotel in a decent location that treats Diamonds pretty well. No reason to avoid. But it's not a "destination hotel." It's just a decent place to stay in Tokyo, if the rates and location work for your needs.
monahos likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by kapooncha
I did consider it. I stayed at the Conrad a few years ago and loved it but unfortunately seems like they have all rooms unavailable for point redemptions the entire month of April.
Check again in a few months, the Conrad Tokyo, among others, is playing games with award availability by not listing their standard rooms (deluxe city view) for sale past 12/21 yet, which conveniently makes standard awards unavailable. No doubt they think 95k HH is below market rate.
kapooncha likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by monahos
Check again in a few months, the Conrad Tokyo, among others, is playing games with award availability by not listing their standard rooms (deluxe city view) for sale past 12/21 yet, which conveniently makes standard awards unavailable. No doubt they think 95k HH is below market rate.
Yes, had the same experience for stay in April. Now standard award is available. Booked Hilton Tokyo before, cancelled it, got my points back within 15 minutes, booked Conrad.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thbe

Yes, had the same experience for stay in April. Now standard award is available. Booked Hilton Tokyo before, cancelled it, got my points back within 15 minutes, booked Conrad.
Thanks for this post. I just booked 5 nights for my preferred dates in April! Yes, God I love this hotel. Subway right underneath the hotel is dreamland.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Hoping for some info. Staying here Nov 30 and Dec 1 on first trip to Japan. It seems like you need your hotel concierge to make reservations to most of the higher end restaurants.

Does anyone have experience doing this at this Hotel? Is there an email address for the concierge?

Any help or a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.