Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:07 am
Suspended

Really torn as to what to do. I currently have 5 nights booked at the Conrad on points. But I'm considering doing 2 nights at the MiraCosta Disney and then I'll only need 3 nights and it may make more sense to stay at the Hilton for 60k a night. Love the Conrad but the I'd save quite a bit of points doing it this way.

Man, tough choice.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Originally Posted by flapland
Considering staying at Christmas as the rates are about the best of the main 5 star hotels. However if there is another sale I suspect I will try and get the Conrad again.
What are the chances do you reckon? I’m in the same
dilemma for a stay in a month. Would a sale be imminent? Who’s got a crystal ball?!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:37 pm

It's possible, last year I booked four nights at the Conrad in an Exec Suite City side mid November in a sale. Paid 220k yen inc taxes etc or about £1400 at the then exchange rate. This was for the four nights starting Boxing Day.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
Staying here at the moment. Been treated really good as usual. Booked on points and upgraded to a large executive room (as a Gold Member). The Breakfast in the Lounge and the Japanese breakfast are great. At pre-dinner snacks, the lounge is packed and you need to line-up to get food and the buffet get emptied pretty fast which is a bit annoying.

However, tonight, I was invited to use the « secret » lounge only for Gold and Diamond members in room 3710. I was told it’s not opened every night. Food spread is slightly better with sweets; the attendant is charming and provides table service. Much more private and the alcohol is flowing...

I would stay here again anytime.
Ha! I just stayed five nights (Sept. 25-Oct. 1) and had a similarly pleasant experience. Gold member, booked with points, upgraded from standard to executive room and given diamond lounge privileges (it was our honeymoon). Free breakfast was an outstanding perk; Junisoh and the first-floor buffet were delicious, and on the final day we ate breakfast at the executive lounge buffet and got an amazing post-typhoon view of Mt. Fuji. I thought the diamond lounge food was a little underwhelming, but the atmosphere and attendant were wonderful and it was a perfect setting for cocktail hour drinks.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Currently here on a 5 day stay with points. No upgrade offered. At first I was disappointed but reminded myself that it’s a point stay and if I wanted an upgrade I could always had paid for it. Hotel is very busy. But the room is nice and breakfast downstairs was very nice, so, while I wish for a larger room, so far it’s been a very nice stay.

Oddly, the man at the check in asked for another card when I presented my Hilton Amex card. He said he would have to put a 50,000 Yen hold on the Amex because it’s Amex and asked if I would rather use a MasterCard or Visa. I found that really contrary to Hilton’s exclusive relationship with Amex. No big deal though, just an odd exchange.

Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Currently here on a 5 day stay with points. No upgrade offered. At first I was disappointed but reminded myself that it’s a point stay and if I wanted an upgrade I could always had paid for it. Hotel is very busy. But the room is nice and breakfast downstairs was very nice, so, while I wish for a larger room, so far it’s been a very nice stay.

Oddly, the man at the check in asked for another card when I presented my Hilton Amex card. He said he would have to put a 50,000 Yen hold on the Amex because it’s Amex and asked if I would rather use a MasterCard or Visa. I found that really contrary to Hilton’s exclusive relationship with Amex. No big deal though, just an odd exchange.

I believe your HH Gold so I wouldn't expect upgrades with that. Diamond, yes I'd probably raise a stink about that.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by kapooncha
I believe your HH Gold so I wouldn't expect upgrades with that. Diamond, yes I'd probably raise a stink about that.
This hotel treats Gold Members really well. Upgrades are frequent.

I prefer to have breakfast upstairs so I don,t have to deal with tourist bus lines for pancakes.

Also, they put a hold of 10 000 yens per night on my Amex as well, but didn't mention the hold was less with MC or Visa...
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
This hotel treats Gold Members really well. Upgrades are frequent.

I prefer to have breakfast upstairs so I don,t have to deal with tourist bus lines for pancakes.

Also, they put a hold of 10 000 yens per night on my Amex as well, but didn't mention the hold was less with MC or Visa...
i figured the chances were good, but it wasn’t meant to be. Laughed at your comment about tourist bus lines for pancakes as that is exactly what I’m seeing as I type this. But the line for omelets is short.

The man at the desk said the hold was only Amex, but it wasn’t a big deal and I wanted point credit for anything I put on my room.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Executive lounge closing from 3rd Jan to end April 2019

Hi,

I was looking at prices for the hilton tokyo for early december and this message is at the top of the room choice page

"
Executive Lounge - temporarily closure due to renovation Hilton Tokyo's Executive Lounge on the 37th floor will be temporarily closed from January 3rd to around end April, 2019 due to renovations. Spacious and stylish décor with sleek Japanese touches throughout, we wish to welcome you back to our new Executive Lounge around Spring 2019."

It did not mention any alternative arrangements yet.

Regards

TBS

PS it is now on the hotel front page;
https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ja...ITW/index.html

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 23, 2018 at 4:21 pm
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I was looking at prices for the hilton tokyo for early december and this message is iat the top of the room choice page

"
Executive Lounge - temporarily closure due to renovation Hilton Tokyo's Executive Lounge on the 37th floor will be temporarily closed from January 3rd to around end April, 2019 due to renovations. Spacious and stylish décor with sleek Japanese touches throughout, we wish to welcome you back to our new Executive Lounge around Spring 2019."

It did not mention any alternative arrangements yet.

Regards

TBS
thanks for that important info!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj

thanks for that important info!
Indeed! That is a huge change which will affect many guests. One does wonder if they plan some alternate arrangements during this four month period.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Indeed! That is a huge change which will affect many guests. One does wonder if they plan some alternate arrangements during this four month period.
I will now connect rather than spending the night in Tokyo
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That lounge seems to be in decent shape already although I wonder if they can make it more efficient/increase capacity somehow. I guess this also means Cherry Blossom season also...
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I seem to remember there was a mention upthread a while back about expanding the lounge. Maybe this is that work?

ETA: found it at #153

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Last time I stayed here, in July, we had a great conversation with the Executive Lounge Manager. I was that they will be expanding the lounge, it will be 2x larger. The way it will be expanded is the suite across the hallway will be eliminated, so the lounge will be on two sides of the hallway. That area will have the bay view and will have significantly more seating area. He told us the plan was to start construction in 2017 and wrap it up by 2018.

I am not sure if anyone else reported about this upthread, but I am excited to check it out next time I am there, probably in a 2-3 years.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Without a lounge facility, I would definitely be less likely to select this hotel. The hotel isn't "all that." With no lounge, there are likely to be better hotel options in Tokyo for folks who play the loyalty game.
nldogbert likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.