Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:14 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by gengar
Unfortunately par for the course at this property, in my experience. One of many reasons I no longer stay here.
Checked in again 7 PM last night. This time "executive desk" was closed and there was a considerable queue to the main check in. Received the room I had selected in OLCI, and luckily my memory did not fail as the room was quiet and in good shape. What surprised me was the mention of the clerk that since I had OLCIed, there was no option for an upgrade. Se went on explaining that they process the upgrades in the morning hours around 8 to 10 AM for each stay, but only for those who do not OLCI. I think this does not follow the Hilton policies in general. This practice should perhaps be conveyed to higher level - but where?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by TTL
Checked in again 7 PM last night. This time "executive desk" was closed and there was a considerable queue to the main check in. Received the room I had selected in OLCI, and luckily my memory did not fail as the room was quiet and in good shape. What surprised me was the mention of the clerk that since I had OLCIed, there was no option for an upgrade. Se went on explaining that they process the upgrades in the morning hours around 8 to 10 AM for each stay, but only for those who do not OLCI. I think this does not follow the Hilton policies in general. This practice should perhaps be conveyed to higher level - but where?
Yeah they definitely do upgrades mid morning, I checked my reservation at breakfast ( day of stay but at another hotel in London ) no upgrade shown but was upgraded whilst traveling across London mid morning......arrived 10-30 am, room upgraded and ready.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
My first stay at this hotel - on a Hilton Visa Card free night. No room upgrade on check-in and my non-smoking room smells of cigarette smoke, but the room itself is nice enough, the windows open a few inches for some fresh air and the view from the room is lovely! Some great fish tempura in the Tower lounge - shame there are no chips and mushy peas to go with it.

Apologies for the quality of the photo. Taken with my iphone, nervously hand-held out of the window.
Attached Images  

Last edited by WickedStepMother; Oct 5, 2017 at 12:52 am
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
My first stay at this hotel - on a Hilton Visa Card free night. No room upgrade on check-in and my non-smoking room smells of cigarette smoke, but the room itself is nice enough, the windows open a few inches for some fresh air and the view from the room is lovely! Some great fish tempura in the Tower lounge - shame there are no chips and mushy peas to go with it.

Apologies for the quality of the photo. Taken with my iphone, nervously hand-held out of the window.
Photo is great. How did you get access to the Tower lounge? I thought you had to be in a Tower room to get access.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by stanj
Photo is great. How did you get access to the Tower lounge? I thought you had to be in a Tower room to get access.
You are correct.

The trainee member staff of who checked me in at the desk outside the ground floor lounge said I could use the Tower lounge when I asked her about it.

So when I found it (after a long trek) I was surprised my key card wouldn't work at the door. Someone let me in and I spent a pleasant couple of hours in an almost empty lounge.

It was only afterwards that I found out I shouldn't have been in there.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Had a quick one-night stay here last night. Booked only about an hour before I arrived so I hadn't been upgraded, but at check-in they upgraded me to a Tower room, including access to the Tower Lounge.

Getting to the Tower rooms is a bit of a hike (elevator up to level 2, then walk through the older part of the hotel past the 2nd floor rooms, then down a few stairs, then through a glass door and you finally come to the tower elevators!)

The room itself was a great size for a standard room, despite being what appeared to be the smallest room on the floor (based on the floor map on the door).

Went to the Tower lounge at about 4pm and there were only 2 other people in there. There clearly had been food, but other than 2 scone-like things and some biscuits there was nothing left. Went back briefly a bit after 6pm and they had some basic canapes, but nothing all that impressive (Thai fish cakes done by someone that seemingly didn't know where Thailand is, let alone knowing how they make fish cakes. Beef skewers, etc). Also checked the Executive lounge a few minutes later and it had the same food - only difference was that it was packed with barely a free table where the Tower Lounge had 1 other person.

Left before breakfast started, so I can't comment on that. From checkout at the front desk to standing on the platform for the Heathrow Express was no more than 3 minutes, and less than 20 minutes later I was at LHR.

All up a good stay in what for me was a very convenient location - to the extent that I think I've found my new LHR "airport" hotel.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Had a quick one-night stay here last night. Booked only about an hour before I arrived so I hadn't been upgraded, but at check-in they upgraded me to a Tower room, including access to the Tower Lounge.

Getting to the Tower rooms is a bit of a hike (elevator up to level 2, then walk through the older part of the hotel past the 2nd floor rooms, then down a few stairs, then through a glass door and you finally come to the tower elevators!)

The room itself was a great size for a standard room, despite being what appeared to be the smallest room on the floor (based on the floor map on the door).

Went to the Tower lounge at about 4pm and there were only 2 other people in there. There clearly had been food, but other than 2 scone-like things and some biscuits there was nothing left. Went back briefly a bit after 6pm and they had some basic canapes, but nothing all that impressive (Thai fish cakes done by someone that seemingly didn't know where Thailand is, let alone knowing how they make fish cakes. Beef skewers, etc). Also checked the Executive lounge a few minutes later and it had the same food - only difference was that it was packed with barely a free table where the Tower Lounge had 1 other person.

Left before breakfast started, so I can't comment on that. From checkout at the front desk to standing on the platform for the Heathrow Express was no more than 3 minutes, and less than 20 minutes later I was at LHR.

All up a good stay in what for me was a very convenient location - to the extent that I think I've found my new LHR "airport" hotel.
thanks for the report......I had two friends stay here, they don't have status but booked a tower room, apparently they spent some of their evening in the tower lounge on their own with no other folk except staff, said they were bored and no atmosphere.......guess that's the gamble
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Returning to this property for the first time in years. I booked a Saturday night stay (easy access to the HEX next morning), and wondering what are the chances of getting upgraded to the Tower rooms, and/or have access to check out the Tower Lounge as a DIA?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:20 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Returning to this property for the first time in years. I booked a Saturday night stay (easy access to the HEX next morning), and wondering what are the chances of getting upgraded to the Tower rooms, and/or have access to check out the Tower Lounge as a DIA?
None unless you pay extra.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by TTL
None unless you pay extra.
Sounds like "none" is exactly accurate, but I'll take it that "rare" is the norm

(for some reason multi-quoting is not working for me, but I've copied the text from docbert just above:

"
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:48 am

Exec Lounge HH?

Can someone share the hours the EL holds their HH?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:42 pm

Can someone share the hours the EL holds their HH?
i was there last March......it was 6pm until 8-30pm.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by wizla

i was there last March......it was 6pm until 8-30pm.
Thanks wizla! Maybe our paths will cross some day!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:33 pm

Thanks wizla! Maybe our paths will cross some day!
no worries mate, yes let's hope so!......always good to meet fellow flyer talk members.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Had a brief stay over the holidays.

The room wasn’t ready when we arrived, but the bellman offered to hold our bags for us while we explored the area. There was no acknowledgment of Diamond status or explanation of diamond benefits.

We we had a terrace suite on the top floor. The room was nicely appointed and the sleep quality was great. On the downside, only a dozen TV channels were offered and only three of them worked reliably. The terrace had wonderful views, but the cool weather limited our time outdoors.

We visited the Executive Lounge several times. This was the highlight of our visit. The food and drink selections were excellent. The staff was very kind and very hard working. However, the lounge was packed with people non-stop. This is an unfortunate consequence of Hilton giving Diamond status to essentially anyone who wants it.

The biggest issue we had was with the service team. Requests from housekeeping (additional towels) took 45 minutes to be fulfilled. Additionally, we were rudely awoken at 830am by housekeeping asking if they could clean the room. This is wholly unacceptable.

Overall, this was a fine stay. The property was a bit overvalued with the points redemption rate. The EL is above average, but the rest of the property and service team lacks the refinement of a Hilton in a busy city center.

wizla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.