Arrow Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

Posts older than 2015 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton London Paddington

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 25, 2017 at 4:08 pm
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
What a bummer - did they offer any explanation for the delay? I guess I'll keep my eyes open to see when they reload them on the website.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2-Million Miler, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Plat, EVA Gold
No real explanation except that it appears construction still isn't complete. On Thursday of last week, after breakfast I asked the attendant in the lounge if I might be able to visit one of the new rooms. After a phone call, she said it would be possible if I could wait until after 9 a.m. I had to leave for an all-day business meeting, so I couldn't. I tried again the next day since I had a mid-afternoon flight out of town and after another call this time was told it wouldn't be possible because of "health and safety."

The rooms are back on the web site now and I have yet another attempt booked for mid-March. Once again...
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: United GS, HHonors Diamond
I'm here at the paddington hilton in a brand new GWR tower room. It is a separate part of the the hotel accessible by keycard only. I feel like I'm the only one here, but that is probably because it just opened. I booked a regular deluxe king and saw the sign at check in advertising the he new rooms. I figured I would ask as a diamond, and after a call to the supervisor they gave me one to 'try'.

The rooms are very nice... Very modern, clean, and nicely laid out. There is a walk through closet into the bathroom that has a large bath and separate shower with a rain shower head in the ceiling, and a separate toilet room.

I'm on the he sixth floor, and the room is VERY quiet. They have installed a second window around 6 inches inside of the main one for sound proofing. There is no humming, no nothing.

I tried the lounge... It is nice, but there are no windows or views... I actually prefer the main executive lounge downstairs.

I only had one issue - the internet didn't work all day. After three calls to the BT help desk and them trying to reset access points, they finally told me that this new wing doesn't have internet yet. The duty manager assured me that it should work. After a while he came or find me in the lounge and said the whole hotel is having internet problems (not true because it worked fine in the old part of the hotel, but as soon as you walk though to the new part it stops). It started working around midnight, just as I was going to bed.

Overall a really nice addition to the hotel. ^
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Great to hear the new rooms are finally available, thanks for sharing the info.

Might have to find a reason to stay here now in the near future!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Great to hear the new rooms are finally available, thanks for sharing the info.

Might have to find a reason to stay here now in the near future!
Yeah I quite fancy this.......I've never stayed at this one.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
GWR Room and Tower Lounge @ Paddington Hilton?

Saw signs at Paddington this morning, now labeled as 'Hilton GWR Hotel'
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Thanks for the report tann1001 - sounds very promising, at least once they get the internet connection worked out. Also really wish more hotels would do the double-window treatment - really does lower outside noise significantly.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
If you stay in a GWR Tower room are you then able to access both the Tower Lounge and the main Excecutive Lounge?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: United GS, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ddkrules
If you stay in a GWR Tower room are you then able to access both the Tower Lounge and the main Excecutive Lounge?
Good question, I'm not sure. I got access to the main exec lounge as a diamond. If you have no status and stay in the GWR tower I'm not sure. The tower lounge is nice, I just prefer the one downstairs overlooking the station because you can see the hustle and bustle.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Hilton Paddington GWR Tower Rooms

Hi, would anyone recommend staying in a Tower Room? Descriptions I've read so far seem to indicate that it has great windows and all and have access to the 'other' non-executive lounge which seems quite useful. I will need to work in the room at times during the day, so really looking for something quite open which it seems to be.

I also read that they are offering some discount for those taking the Heathrow Express? Any idea how to get that discount?

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by jdtravels
Hi, would anyone recommend staying in a Tower Room? Descriptions I've read so far seem to indicate that it has great windows and all and have access to the 'other' non-executive lounge which seems quite useful. I will need to work in the room at times during the day, so really looking for something quite open which it seems to be.

I also read that they are offering some discount for those taking the Heathrow Express? Any idea how to get that discount?

Thanks!
there is another thread on here somewhere regarding this, no doubt jerry will help......I would if I knew how to do the link.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:18 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...on-hilton.html
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:22 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Link to the thread that wzla is referring to is here I believe....if that helps:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...on-hilton.html

Can't answer any of the questions myself sorry.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:03 am

Cheers chaps! ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.