Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrived 10-40 am , after a fairly easy drive down from Hilton Watford ( see report ) , upgraded to executive room from double room booked.
Room on 6th floor is very nice , it's a little small but spotless with nice decor, it has a strange post in front of bed where to is mounted and a mirror on back, dunno if I like it or not?, huge bath, separate shower, huge safe too.
View is pretty rubbish over Paddington station but I've happy with this......I've been quite excited about staying here, dunno why, maybe it's because I never get to come to this part of London.
Had a quick cup of tea in lounge before walking off for a poke around portobello road market with my lady ( try the boneless chicken leg room off the German sausage stall , amazing!!! ) lounge seems to have a nice vibe, just us and one other guy in there, overlooks the station platforms and shops.
Now back in room, gonna go to gym soon and then in lounge later....I'm not taking afternoon tea today ( I'm on a diet ) but will pop in to check the selection for you guys........will report back!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:34 am

........ popped into lounge at 3-30pm, Afternoon tea consisted of 4 different cakes ( raspberry moose - custard tarts - vanilla slice - cookies ) .
No sandwiches and no scones, my lady had the custard tart and said it was Devine, I abstained.......only two other people in lounge.
Went to gym, quite small, two of everything ( runners, bikes, etc ) and a small free weights area with chest press and pulleys.
Off to lounge around 6 pm, then meal out somewhere, dunno where yet but that's what Google is for.......will report back!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:13 am

Got to lounge bang on 6pm, very quiet maybe 5 people in here.....nice vibe...now a few more arriving.

BEER - Stella

WINE - red , white and cava

SPIRTS - whisky, baileys , vodka and gin.

CANAPÉS- chicken wings with spicy harrassa sauc, mozzarella grattan, fish pollenta......good cheeseboard and some cold meats , cruditys.

Will report back!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:16 pm

Well I got to say, what a lovely lounge, great canapés, great cava, great service.......its probably nearly half full and it's a nice relaxed vibe in here.....its feels a bit different overlooking the station concourse. Yep like this!.

Last edited by wizla; Mar 4, 2017 at 12:19 pm Reason: Typo
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:28 am

........slept very well thanks to an extremely comfy bed ( very firm ) and the cava in the lounge last night, talking of the lounge , happy hour is 6 until 8-30pm not 8pm as posted earlier........surprised how quiet it was for a Saturday night.
Reflecting on the room to be honest I have noticed a couple of negatives, the light above the desk flickers ( my lady said it was like trying to put make up on in a nightclub) obviously exaggerated but funny, the hot/cold tap on bath was broken, luckily it was broken on the perfect temperature for me but too hot for her and the air con has a mind of its own, again luckily the room temperature with it off is ok.
Gonna shower and then breakfast.......will report back!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:53 am

...... shower rubbish, no hot water only tepid and noticed some mould in corner........breakfast was ok, busy at 9-30am .....food tasty and hot, no Bircher musli boooooo!.........we was unfortunate enough to be seated between a bunch of noisy teenagers and some adults who shouted to each other throughout their meal.
Went for a wander to little Venice, nice walk! And checked out at noon, told them of issues, apologies were made and I'm on my way.
Parking is a 7 min walk to Paddington station main car park and was Ģ10 for 24 hours at weekends.

CONCLUSION- apart from some issues with the room I enjoyed my stay, different but good, I liked the lounge and it's a shame no sauna .
I would stay again if in the area but not in room 641

ROOM NO - 641

NEXT STAY - Hilton Waldorf ( 24/3/17 )

Last edited by wizla; Mar 5, 2017 at 11:54 am Reason: Comment removed
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:45 am

Getting upgrade at London Paddington

I have a reservation for a standard room at the Paddington tomorrow. eve. After I made the reservation, I got an email to choose and upgrade upon checkin for a tower room or terrace suite. Should I check in using my app , or just wait until I get to the hotel to check in?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: WN, UA, AA
Check in. Upgrades are available on a 'first come' basis.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I suspect what you received is an offer for a Nor1 paid upgrade, which is more of an upsell than a free upgrade. Assuming so- as with any offer- evaluate if the cost is worth the benefit to you. I would not assume that you will get a similar upgrade for free when you check in. I have never tried to opt in to the Nor1 offer at checkin, but if you evaluate it and the cost is worth it, go ahead and request it now, don't wait.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I suspect what you received is an offer for a Nor1 paid upgrade, which is more of an upsell than a free upgrade. Assuming so- as with any offer- evaluate if the cost is worth the benefit to you. I would not assume that you will get a similar upgrade for free when you check in. I have never tried to opt in to the Nor1 offer at checkin, but if you evaluate it and the cost is worth it, go ahead and request it now, don't wait.
Terrace suites have garden balconies, tower rooms have better rooms with extra executive lounge , so I'm lead to believe.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I stayed here as a Diamond back in April. Upgrade was a joke. The Executive Lounge is crowded and overdue for a refresh.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:12 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
A very unpolite check-in experience two days ago 11 AM Monday morning by the "executive desk".

E-check in done. Greeted good morning and handed my passport to the Ms. clerk. No reciprocal greeting but almost freezing silence. Tapping and tapping, no eye contact. Heavy Italian accent "We havenīt upgraded you". I said that it does not surprise me but is my room ready? Tapping and tapping. "Yes". Printing chore. "Sign this! We are going to put on hold Ģ50 for the expenses from your credit card". Replied OK, was given the key card, and then it was already time for the next customer.

I hope that Brexit and some well targeted deportations will fix this kind of issues in the London Hiltons within couple of years...

Last edited by TTL; Sep 13, 2017 at 10:03 am
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTL
I hope that Brexit and some well targeted deportations will fix this kind of issues in the London Hiltons within couple of years...
I can see queues of always cheery and most competent Brits wanting to work in a central London location for just over minimum wage.
BearX220, stc, Cheetah_SA and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:23 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
I can see queues of always cheery and most competent Brits wanting to work in a central London location for just over minimum wage.
I do not care who queue up for those jobs as long as they have some understanding of customer service and decent manners.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by TTL
A very unpolite check-in experience two days ago 11 AM Monday morning by the "executive desk".
Unfortunately par for the course at this property, in my experience. One of many reasons I no longer stay here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.