Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:54 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Hilton GWR just confirmed (finally) that the breakfast timing for the GWR Tower lounge is from 06:30am to 10:30am on Monday to Friday.

Breakfast at weekends and Bank Holidays 06:30am to 11:00am

Evening happy hour is from 6:00pm to 8:30pm every day.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by NoY
Hilton GWR just confirmed (finally) that the breakfast timing for the GWR Tower lounge is from 06:30am to 10:30am on Monday to Friday.

Breakfast at weekends and Bank Holidays 06:30am to 11:00am

Evening happy hour is from 6:00pm to 8:30pm every day.
Thanks for that!!! ^
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:17 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Just a small observation... Executive lounge currently offers beer, generic red and white, and Codorniou-bubbly. Harder spirits are offered only in the GWR-lounge.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat Amb, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Plat., Diamond Club,
Wine choices

Originally Posted by TTL
Just a small observation... Executive lounge currently offers beer, generic red and white, and Codorniou-bubbly. Harder spirits are offered only in the GWR-lounge.

is it the same wine choices in both lounges?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:54 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
That remains to be seen. I did not have GWR room this week, but may have that for my next visit mid May, at least the receptionist put a note to my reservations. Only heard the fact from the waiter in the lounge for lesser mortals, i.e., Exec. lounge.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:49 pm
Original Member

Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

In the normal exec lounge this week I'm sure there were three different whites and three reds, plus a fizz. Agreed, I don't remember seeing any spirits.

The exec receptionist told me that they are not allowed to upgrade to gwr tower rooms, only to upsell.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Tim_T
The exec receptionist told me that they are not allowed to upgrade to gwr tower rooms, only to upsell.
I think in the last year I've done two paid stays and two award stays as a Diamond. I was never given a tower upgrade nor an offer of an upsell. Not that I care much. These are all one night stays where I needed an early express train to LHR.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:59 am

As a Gold I had a very forgettable experience this week, no welcome or recognition at check-in, no upgrade from my booked Double, no mention of any wifi or breakfast.

Quite dreary Double room in need of a makeover, rather dated interior style. Did receive two waters and a small box of 4 Hilton chocolates. I had breakfast in the restaurant, also nothing to write home about except the omelette chef which is a nice feature.

It was a contrast to a great stay at the excellent Cardiff Hilton the night before, where they really make you feel welcome. Will likely try something else next time I need an early morning HEX.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by view
As a Gold I had a very forgettable experience this week, no welcome or recognition at check-in, no upgrade from my booked Double, no mention of any wifi or breakfast.

Quite dreary Double room in need of a makeover, rather dated interior style. Did receive two waters and a small box of 4 Hilton chocolates. I had breakfast in the restaurant, also nothing to write home about except the omelette chef which is a nice feature.

It was a contrast to a great stay at the excellent Cardiff Hilton the night before, where they really make you feel welcome. Will likely try something else next time I need an early morning HEX.
As a DIA with all the stays I've had there over the last 10 years or so, I've gotten slightly better treatment, but not much. They know that the HEX and/or other rail connections convenience is such a seller, they don't need to do too much above and beyond.

On a rainy day, with an early flight out of LHR, there is something to be said about rolling out the back exit, down the escalator, and on to the train, unfortunately..
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.1; XT1032 Build/LMY47M.M001) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.109 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I had a fine midweek stay about six weeks ago. Very nice front desk staff who did explain the breakfast and internet benefits. no lounge access (was not expecting it as a Gold).

The room was fine - seemed one step up from the base room I booked at the AAA rate.

Loved the easy access to transit, and also the Sainsbury and M & S Foods outlets on the ground floor of the station that stay open late (the Sainsbury until midnight).
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:33 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Here in a GWR Tower room now. The room is very nicely finished with a gorgeous bathroom thats very well finished with a lovely deep bath & separate shower & WC. One odd thing is the bathroom has VERY bright lights that are either full-on or full-off - no middle ground. Try relaxing in a bath in the evening in that glare!

Perhaps overall I expected the bedroom to be little bigger but again its beautifully finished. Super-quiet too.

Not a peep of noise in the room, so wonderfully sound-proofed.

The Tower lounge is nicely done - high table & regular cafe-style seating at the FB end of the lounge & the more comfy seating at the far end. Afternoon tea was OK - 3 sandwich choices & a fruit tart, plus cookies etc.

We arrived late for evening drinks & for the last 1/2 hour the food was looking tired & unloved. They really shouldn't leave it to “stew” like that - they need to replenish with fresh items more regularly. Bit lazy really. Still, there was a decent choice of 4 hot items plus the usual cheese & cold snacks. Booze included beer, 3 reds, 3 whites some fizz plus gin/vodka/whiskey etc. etc. Overall a quiet & very nice lounge that just needed a bit of attention to detail.

Overall the rooms are a lovely addition to the hotel & a big improvement on the rest of the hotel which is looking somewhat tired these days. I will stay again.

Last edited by NoY; Jun 11, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:50 am
TTL

Concur with above. The lounge is open till 10 PM but the booze and food are gathered away 8:30 PM. Noncongestion of the lounge in the evening and especially in the morning breakfast time was a big plus.

All in all a nice experience, but the tortuous route to the rooms via 2nd floor corridors to reach the separate lift lobby.

The room was offered on top of £199 regular double room by paying £60 for the NOR1 upgrade. Worthwhile? Nope IMO.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Compensation for room that's not as advertised?

Stayed at the London Paddington in a paid GWR Towers. Room that I received was VERY different from the one marketed/described on the website. Price for the 2-night stay was US$660. Hotel, as compensation for this and a few maint issues, is offering a measly 5k points, which is ridiculous. Any data points on what others have received as compensation? I'm thinking I'm better off contacting corporate rather than having to negotiate this with the hotel directly but keen to know what others' have received as compensation from HH.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:20 am

You say "very different", but don't describe the difference. That would seem to be the essential question. I've had "very different rooms" (Presidential Suite versus a "closet" I paid for) that certainly didn't merit any compensation.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Smaller and did not have separate work and relaxation areas as advertised. Mgt acknowledged that 2 of the 56 rooms in this wing are as such. However, they were only booked 44 of 56 rooms so they shouldn't have used this room until last resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.