Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
My last Hilton activity was on Jun 1/18. I have a stay booked at a Hilton for May 31-Jun 1. Is that enough to keep my points from expiring? Will the points be removed from my account before the stay is posted?
Old May 21, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by CPRich
Yes, it seems it should. And from "how to keep Hilton active" articles elsewhere, it should. But I'd like to have an actual experience/confirmation, if possible.

If not, I'll lose the $4'ish in value and try transferring the minimum as the date gets closer.
Hi @CPRich, did you ever run this test and confirm if an Amex transfer counts to keep points active?

If not I think the other best available option is to redeem 500pts with Amazon.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole
this?
  1. donate points through The Hilton HHonors Giving Back Program.
How much is the minimum donation?

I had an insurance claim and they credited $100.
if I were to spend on my Hilton no AF CC card, should I spend $102 to get one point added to my Hilton Honnors program?
Old May 23, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Why don't points used for Amazon purchases show up on the "All Points Activity" web page? Also, does using points for purchases on Amazon count toward the expiration date for losing HH points?
Old May 27, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
To add another data point, I contacted Hilton Honors by email and asked when my points expire. The response was that the last activity on my account was April 10 so as of now, the expiration date is April 10, 2020. My activity on 4/10 was an Amazon purchase. I haven’t had a paid night at a Hilton property for over a year.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by margarita girl
My last Hilton activity was on Jun 1/18. I have a stay booked at a Hilton for May 31-Jun 1. Is that enough to keep my points from expiring? Will the points be removed from my account before the stay is posted?
If I had seen this post sooner, I would have answered, "Don't chance it. Cover by buying the minimum number of points." But if you waited, how did it turn out?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Firewind
If I had seen this post sooner, I would have answered, "Don't chance it. Cover by buying the minimum number of points." But if you waited, how did it turn out?
I decided not to chance it and transferred some points via eRewards.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I decided not to chance it and transferred some points via eRewards.
Brava. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Regarding the matter, converting some points from Amex Membership Rewards to HiltonHonors could be considered an "eligible activity" in order to prevent points from expiring?
thanks all
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I am currently Diamond but my last stay was on 18 December 2018. Just checking if I redeem points now for a hotel stay that is past 18 Dec 2019 (say booked for Jan 2020), I will lose all my point balances, correct?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Hello,
How long does it really take for e-rewards points to be transferred?
E-rewards says 4-6 weeks but I'm hoping less (my points are expiring in 9 days).
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by yann
Hello,
E-rewards says 4-6 weeks but I'm hoping less (my points are expiring in 9 days).
Thanks in advance.
If I remember correctly. It’s been almost instant. I’ve transferred a few times before.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by yann
Hello,
Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by RedElmo
If I remember correctly. It’s been almost instant. I’ve transferred a few times before.

There are a few folks, myself included that are experiencing ongoing delays. You might want wander over to the Erewards thread which is here:

E-rewards [Master Thread]
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:02 pm

How to Prevent Hilton Rewards Points from Expiring

Hilton seems to have one of the more restrictive programs in place with points expiring in 12 months. Checking my account, when they award points for a stay, there does not appear to be a specific date as to when the points were awarded so the expiry date sems sketchy.

Unfortunately, being in Canada, there is no Hilton branded credit card. I am wondering if there are any lesser known ways to accumulate points to keep the account active other than buying points or the obvious of a hotel booking.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:25 am

Look here:

jerry305 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.