Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Am I able to book a AXON award at any time as long as it is 4 consecutive days or does the hotel availability need to show the points needed at a low level.

Example:

Tahiti Sat-Wed shows at 132K per night...
Tahiti Wed-Sat shows at 42,500K per night...

Would the AXON only work for the Wed-Sat booking?

Thanks!
You can only book an AXON if a STANDARD room (lowest level award) is available for all 4 nights. If any night does not have standard availability, no AXON.

In your example, you CANNOT book an AXON for Sat-Wed. Obviously, you are not looking at standard room at 132K per night.

Yes, you can only book the Wed-Sat in your example.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:09 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
You can only book an AXON if a STANDARD room (lowest level award) is available for all 4 nights. If any night does not have standard availability, no AXON.

In your example, you CANNOT book an AXON for Sat-Wed. Obviously, you are not looking at standard room at 132K per night.

Yes, you can only book the Wed-Sat in your example.
^
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Diamond Desk agent says no changes to AXON?

Tonite I boked my last AXON, I'm down to 523 HH points :-)

I asked the sgent if the AXON would not be available starting tomorrow. She checked with her manager and said as far as they know, there has been no change. So tomorrow morning, she saw no reason why you could not book the Cat 6 or Cat 7 AXON at 125,000 or 145,000 resectively. Now, of course, if your favorite Cat 6 or Cat 7 property is a Cat 8 or higher starting tomorrow, your out of luck. :-)

What have you all heard lately??
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by zorrobandit
Tonite I boked my last AXON, I'm down to 523 HH points :-)

I asked the sgent if the AXON would not be available starting tomorrow. She checked with her manager and said as far as they know, there has been no change. So tomorrow morning, she saw no reason why you could not book the Cat 6 or Cat 7 AXON at 125,000 or 145,000 resectively. Now, of course, if your favorite Cat 6 or Cat 7 property is a Cat 8 or higher starting tomorrow, your out of luck. :-)

What have you all heard lately??
I don't believe the AXON is going away. It has been based on speculation (for the most part). No official announcement from hhonors has been announced.

Changes may occur (due to the category changes or other changes--who knows), but going away, nahh, unlikely.

Guess we will see tomorrow.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:18 pm

I guess we'll all know tomorrow.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by zorrobandit
Hilton gave PLENTY of notice for the pending deval / realignment, I would expect the same for any change to AXON.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
Hilton gave PLENTY of notice for the pending deval / realignment, I would expect the same for any change to AXON.
It may just mean that there is absolutely no change at all for AXON. Right now you could use it for up to Cat 7. Tomorrow you can do the same. The only change is on Hilton. The Cat 7 hotel you book today would be a Cat 9 tomorrow!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Need
It may just mean that there is absolutely no change at all for AXON. Right now you could use it for up to Cat 7. Tomorrow you can do the same. The only change is on Hilton. The Cat 7 hotel you book today would be a Cat 9 tomorrow!
Was told by HH DD that you can still book AXONs for Cat 6-7, but this is the new Cat 6-7.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: DLDmd1M, Marriott LTPlt, Hilton Dmd, Hyatt Dmd & too many others to be paying taxes in my hometown
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Was told by HH DD that you can still book AXONs for Cat 6-7, but this is the new Cat 6-7.
I just heard the same thing from Diamond desk (after 25 min hold) and from the 1800 # for AXON. Diamond desk said she heard new categories are coming but no detail. AXON desk hadn't heard anything, but guessed they would extend to 8-10 at some point. Still doesn't include W/A, as was posted in some post I read tonight. Both recommended checking back on Monday.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Need
With the addition of more award categories, there will likely be corresponding changes to AXON in the near future, reasonable to expect AMEX and Hilton to offer plenty of advanced notice, detailed explanations.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Originally Posted by cup.of.jo
Still doesn't include W/A, as was posted in some post I read tonight.
WA properties have been folded into the standard award categories under the new pricing scheme, so logic would dictate that category 5-7 WA properties (e.g., Waldorf Astoria Panama, Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, El Conquistador) are newly eligible for AXON rewards.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
WA properties have been folded into the standard award categories under the new pricing scheme, so logic would dictate that category 5-7 WA properties (e.g., Waldorf Astoria Panama, Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, El Conquistador) are newly eligible for AXON rewards.
^ I woul recommend anyone interested to go ahead on those bookings before further changes to the AXONs are made. I can confirm AXON is alive and well as of today for categories 6 and 7 (as displayed in the hhonors site). There is no longer separate WA category, which used to be not bookable with AXON. Just changed an GLON 4 nights at WA El Conquistador to an AXON 4 nights since it became category 7. 25K points saved from yesterday, 95K saved from a regular level of 240K for 4 nights.

Last edited by Nyurka; Mar 28, 2013 at 2:11 pm
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
So has anyone booked one of these today? From what I have read, if a hotel is a new 5-7 cat. you can still book with the old rates. So something like the Conrad Algarve, which while still a cat 7, has gone up to 60K pts/night, can still be booked with an AXON for 145K for four nights?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by adambadam
So has anyone booked one of these today? From what I have read, if a hotel is a new 5-7 cat. you can still book with the old rates. So something like the Conrad Algarve, which while still a cat 7, has gone up to 60K pts/night, can still be booked with an AXON for 145K for four nights?
Yes, i booked an AXON reward today for a hotel that is a cat 7 and is 60K per night regular redemption. I booked it for 145K for 4 nights, got a certificate and a reservation confirmation.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Nyurka
Yes, i booked an AXON reward today for a hotel that is a cat 7 and is 60K per night regular redemption. I booked it for 145K for 4 nights, got a certificate and a reservation confirmation.
Has anyone had the nerve to ask for a 5th night free with an AXON award?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.