Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HH Gold on award stay, denied all Gold benefits!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor

My gf(she is HH Gold) and I(Diamond) are on a HHonors award(using her points) stay at a HGI property. We are repeated guests at the property. Not only our packet not ready at our check-in, we were denied all HHonors Gold benefits. No breakfast coupons, no water vouchers and no free bottled water! I asked the clerk if he if he is sure about this and the answer was, "yes, Gold benefits does not apply on award stays". I asked to speak to the front desk manager and got the same answer.

What are you guy's experiences on this? I have never been denied any Gol/Diamond benefits any where, reward or paid stays.

Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 5:57 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Always got the bennies on award stays.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 6:17 pm

Per the Hilton HHonors Terms & Conditions (hiltonhhonors.com/terms), the only situation where you would not receive the VIP tier benefits is for an "opaque booking" as follows:
11. Stays booked via "opaque" channels where the brand is unknown at the time of purchase are not Eligible Stays for the purpose of earning points, miles or stay credit toward VIP tier status, or the receipt of VIP tier benefits such as upgraded accommodations / amenities or access to health clubs.
For all other types of stays, you should receive the benefits.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Always got the bennies on award stays.
Yep, me too.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 6:33 pm
Original Member

I do not go anywhere without my HHonors member benefits booklet. Than you can educate the desk clerks and managers who try to interpret the rules their way. I have not had many occasions when Gold benefits have not been received, but when I pop out the booklet and let them read it, I have never been denied the benefits, and in most cases I have been offered a sincere apology for the misunderstanding,which works for me.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
As a HH Gold, this year I even got lounge benefits at the Rome Cavalieri Hilton, which has denied benefits to other FT'ers. Also at the Brussels Conrad and Athens Hilton, both first class hotels.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Motion122
My gf(she is HH Gold) and I(Diamond) are on a HHonors award(using her points) stay at a HGI property. We are repeated guests at the property. Not only our packet not ready at our check-in, we were denied all HHonors Gold benefits. No breakfast coupons, no water vouchers and no free bottled water! I asked the clerk if he if he is sure about this and the answer was, "yes, Gold benefits does not apply on award stays". I asked to speak to the front desk manager and got the same answer.

What are you guy's experiences on this? I have never been denied any Gol/Diamond benefits any where, reward or paid stays.

Thanks.
Which HGI are you staying at?

I have always gotten my benefits on award stays. One near-exception was the Doubletree Suites Times Square, but they gave me the breakfast buffet after all (I had Diamond status at the time).
Old Dec 10, 2004, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Did you have a copy of your reward confirmation?

Under the Rewards Terms and Conditions it states: "HHonors Gold and Diamond VIP members are eligible for upgraded accomodations or amenitites at HHonors hotels where available and subject to HHonors Upgraded Accomodations / Amenities policy."

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 10, 2004, 9:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I believe every H property has a book with all the info somewhere (in the back room.) That might be a great time to tell the reluctant desk clerk "show me where it says that."
Old Dec 11, 2004, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Which HGI are you staying at?

I have always gotten my benefits on award stays. One near-exception was the Doubletree Suites Times Square, but they gave me the breakfast buffet after all (I had Diamond status at the time).

We are staying at the HGI Arcadia, California. We are both repeating guests of this property.

One phone call to the HHonors desk resolved the benefits issue! ^
Old Dec 11, 2004, 3:32 am

Programs: HHonors-Diamond, SPG-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum,NW-Plat
i was going to say call em. but looks like you did. how did they fix the issue?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:49 am

Great work I just wish I could have been there to see this all go down. If more people took this action they would not even be trying these cheap money saving tactics. They know that only about 1 in 100 will call HH. ^
Old Dec 11, 2004, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robmach
i was going to say call em. but looks like you did. how did they fix the issue?
Well, I am Diamond, but my gf is only Gold. She didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but what good is Gold or Diamond if our status is not acknowleged. I made a call to the Diamond desk and explain everything. The lady from the Diamond desk called the HGI property while I am on hold. She came back about two minutes later and said everything is resolved and coupons will be sent up to my room in just a few minutes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.