Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
FWIW when I’ve booked places that have an open breakfast buffet like a Hampton or Homewood suites through Orbitz I’ve had no issues.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
FWIW when I’ve booked places that have an open breakfast buffet like a Hampton or Homewood suites through Orbitz I’ve had no issues.
Thats correct and you can add Embassy Suites to that list as well, since they dont charge anyone for the meal nor have a register unlike say HGI,DT,Hiltons etc, nor do the open buffets ask you for your name and room #

DTs dont have Clubs as Hiltons do, so if a Diamond (under certain cases a Gold as well if they were Upgrade to an exec room) get Club access and thusly breakfast in the club even thou they opted for the 1000 pts as their My Way
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I also agree with this, but I was talking specifically about HGI's...so WHO gets just the buffet (which also usually includes scrambled eggs), and not what I always thought was the Elite addition of omelets, made to order eggs, etc.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I also agree with this, but I was talking specifically about HGI's...so WHO gets just the buffet (which also usually includes scrambled eggs), and not what I always thought was the Elite addition of omelets, made to order eggs, etc.
Any kind of breakfast has to be paid for at a HGI, except for a Gold or Diamond who chose a free breakfast instead of 750 pts or whatever else is on the list. So a Gold/Diamond that has their MyWay set for free breakfast at HGI gets the full breakfast
"Daily complimentary breakfast is available either as a Member Benefit (at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton and Tapestry Collection by Hilton properties) or as a brand amenity, excluding Hilton Grand Vacations."

MyWay;
Diamond:
Hilton Garden Inn™
  • 750 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary Hot Cooked-to-Order Breakfast for you and up to one guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Gold:
Hilton Garden Inn™
  • 750 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary Hot Cooked-to-Order Breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay

So a Gold/Diamond get free breakfast everywhere except at a HGI unless thats the MyWay option they selected. Everyone gets a free breakfast @ ES,Hampton,Homewood even w/o being an Honors member

Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I don’t know when the last time (or if) I stayed at an HGI, but what exactly is the breakfast set up? They have a buffet open to anyone but you can have an upgraded breakfast option? How do they police that?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I am trying to figure out what buffet you are talking about. HGIs aren't set up as buffets. All HGIs have the same set up and all the food is very clearly in the restaurant, with table and waitresses and a sign that says wait to be seated. Its not just available for someone wandering by to pick up like at a Hampton. There are items such as bagels and toast you can get yourself, but anything meaningful (even basic scrambled eggs) you need to ask for. Nothing is "free for guests" Those who are listed as Diamonds/Gold have their bill (less tip) removed prior to checkout (they used to almost always do vouchers but this seems to have gone away almost universally)

And for the last time, there is no level of HGI Breakfast, its a flat fee and you either get it waived if you selected that option in lieu of points and are a Diamond/Gold or you pay the $12.95 or whatever it is plus tax and tip
craig44485 likes this.

Last edited by Miesque; Mar 15, 2019 at 7:20 am
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
The last several HGI's I've been to there HAS been a buffet. Hot dishes included scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes. All the pastries, breads, yogurts, fruit, etc. In addition...you can order an omelet, pancakes, eggs any way...which a person will cook fresh and a server will bring to you at your table. Similar to as ES except you don't have to stand in line to get your omelet.
jerry a. laska and craig44485 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Ok, I just stayed at this hotel on the way to London. I promise I had these thoughts before I stayed at the Conrad St. James. This is a dumpy hotel. It is very small and cramped and people seem to be everywhere. Thank goodness I had done digital check in since the line was long to check in. Seriously there was hardly any room in the lobby even too stand. We had one room with two queens and it was ok. Not bright and shiny but it was serviceable - but smaller than your typical HGI room. My husband and son ate dinner in the dining room as it was late and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to go. It was fine he said. We also left before breakfast and again it was crowded so I never got to tell them that I wanted the 750 points vs. the free breakfast. The shuttle to the airport was free and it worked very well.Just as a comparison, we stayed at the HGI at Heathrow the last night before an early morning flight and I was bracing myself. It actually had a great lobby, helpful staff and I the breakfast buffet looked very nice, much nicer than some US sites.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:11 am

I just finished a stay here. I thought I wrote about it, but I don’t see that it posted. I would not recommend staying here. I think the rooms are in a desperate need of a renovation. There were long hairs inside my bathtub (it was not cleaned), and the rooms look worn and old.

The only positive about the property was the breakfast. For some odd reason my diamond number was not on the list of free breakfast, despite booking directly with Hilton. But the breakfast attendant just made an exception and let me have breakfast for free anyway and took my word for it. There was made to order omelettes, eggs, and banana pancakes along with cereal fruit and juice. This is obviously a better breakfast than the Hampton Inn.

But the rooms are much nicer and newer at the Hampton Inn. I would stay at the Hampton Inn next time I have a night over at JFK until the HGI renovates the rooms.

Also a tip: my profile had selected 750 points for stays at HGI, but I was given the free made to order breakfast even tho my name was not on my breakfast list. I told him I was diamond and he said it was fine.

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 4, 2023 at 9:47 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I just completed a stay at the Hilton JFK. I've never stayed at any other JFK hotel before, but I thought the Hilton was pretty good. I was booked into a 1-bedroom King suite, so no upgrades possible, but the room was clean. No issues with the noise from the AC, but I've heard the suites are better than the regular rooms. The sofa bed wasn't comfortable at all, but I only had to sleep on it a few hours thankfully. My parents said the King bed was remarkably comfortable for a hotel. Executive lounge had snacks in the afternoon (chips, popcorn, granola bars, sodas, etc.). My parents said they put out appetizers/dinner snacks in the evening. The breakfast was quite good (real eggs, fruit cups, good bagels, salmon, and oatmeal). Street parking immediately outside the hotel was free and plentiful. My parents ate lunch in the restaurant and said it was very expensive, so I'd skip that if you can. I asked for a 2pm late check-out and they said no problem. Not sure if this is just for Diamonds or not.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 8:43 am

Any recent DPs about what the diamond breakfast is here currently? Was told my rep at front desk that its a hot breakfast, but they were unable to provide further details.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 10:33 am

Hilton JFK airport..any discount with AMEX platinum?

Is there any discount with the Amex platinum?

This is for a one night stay in November to receive some family coming in on an early flight.

also, if the choice is between this and TWA hotel jfk, and the TWA is about 40-50 bucks more, which one should I choose?

thank you
Old Oct 8, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
There is an Amex offer on Hilton cards, but expires 10/31 , spend $250 get back $50
You may check amex offers to see if they post a new offer.

As usual, one should always utilize Rakuten %1 Cashback to any cash Hilton booking.

​​​​

Last edited by ovacikar; Oct 8, 2021 at 11:08 am
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by ovacikar
There is an Amex offer on Hilton cards, but expires 10/31 , spend $250 get back $50
You may check amex offers to see if they post a new offer.

As usual, one should always utilize Rakuten %1 Cashback to any cash Hilton booking.

​​​​
Rakuten? What is this?
thanks
Old Oct 8, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Going off topic but Rakuten is Cashback / Amex point earning rebate site for things you pay online / in store. Hilton %1 (silver and above) , best buy %3 , Groupon %4, etc.Allows double dipping the points/Cashback you would receive from your credit card. It also has Cashback version of Hilton dining program.

Earning Amex MR points through Rakuten (ebates) [Consolidated]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.