Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I received a BMG cert recently.
It shows "Redeem this certificate for one night of complimentary lodging (standard room and tax only) at any Doubletree Worldwide"

I called the 800 number and told them I want to book a Doubletree Suite in New York and they told me sure, it's fine. The confirmation email that I got stated that the room would be $700 a night. They took my credit card number and told me that I need to give them the cert at check-in. I'm a bit skeptical since i'm redeeming for something that values at $700. Should I be worried? I won't be screwed over right? The agent told me that the standard room included suites.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by twkidM3
I received a BMG cert recently.
It shows "Redeem this certificate for one night of complimentary lodging (standard room and tax only) at any Doubletree Worldwide"

I called the 800 number and told them I want to book a Doubletree Suite in New York and they told me sure, it's fine. The confirmation email that I got stated that the room would be $700 a night. They took my credit card number and told me that I need to give them the cert at check-in. I'm a bit skeptical since i'm redeeming for something that values at $700. Should I be worried? I won't be screwed over right? The agent told me that the standard room included suites.
You should be good. BMG is basically a cash reservation that Hilton Corporate later reimburses the property for, hence what you see on the consumer end. They are rare enough that it's not worth it for Hilton to build it into their res system. BMG certs can be quite valuable as you have learned!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Plus given that is a DoubleTree Suites hotel it means that a standard room is a suite
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by MattEvan
You should be good. BMG is basically a cash reservation that Hilton Corporate later reimburses the property for, hence what you see on the consumer end. They are rare enough that it's not worth it for Hilton to build it into their res system. BMG certs can be quite valuable as you have learned!
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Plus given that is a DoubleTree Suites hotel it means that a standard room is a suite
Perfect! Thanks for the clarification. ^
Old May 9, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: AA
Be my guest earn points?

I have received a Be My Guest certificate recently and want to redeem it in NYC. There are two options I am considering Conrad (lower Manhattan) versus Hilton Club or Hampton Inn Time Sq South. It seems like Conrad is better rated but the location is not favorable for me as I want to be in Midtown. I am leaning toward Conrad but I read somewhere that I would earn points based on what the base rate is. Because it is a Saturday night, both Hilton club and Hampton Inn is over 500 for a standard room rate, making it a bit more valuable than Conrat which is lower than 300 over the weekend. Will I earn points on Be my guest Certificate? Anybody has insights about the quality of Conrad NYC?
Old May 9, 2017, 6:07 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
BMG certificates are usually limited to the brand from which the service was complained of. In other words, if your cert came from a Conrad complaint then it is limited to use at a Conrad only. Same for other brands.

Originally Posted by sony2012
I have received a Be My Guest certificate recently and want to redeem it in NYC. There are two options I am considering Conrad (lower Manhattan) versus Hilton Club or Hampton Inn Time Sq South. It seems like Conrad is better rated but the location is not favorable for me as I want to be in Midtown. I am leaning toward Conrad but I read somewhere that I would earn points based on what the base rate is. Because it is a Saturday night, both Hilton club and Hampton Inn is over 500 for a standard room rate, making it a bit more valuable than Conrat which is lower than 300 over the weekend. Will I earn points on Be my guest Certificate? Anybody has insights about the quality of Conrad NYC?
Old May 9, 2017, 8:16 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
You've asked a number of related questions

As another poster his noted, be my guest certificate to respond to a customer service complaints are usually only good for the brand you complained about. But it sounds like yours is a more general certificate which also exists.

You don't earn points on to be my guest free today, but you would earn points on incidentals and it does count for stay credit.

I would absolutely choose the Conrad over any Hampton Inn, even given the location. But I like lower Manhattan so that's me.

Last edited by squeakr; May 9, 2017 at 8:57 pm
Old May 9, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AA
the language in the letter says: a Hilton Hotel property. Does it mean it has to be only at Hilton? or any Hilton brand? If only Hilton hotels, how about Hilton Club?
Old May 9, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by squeakr
As another poster his noted, be my guest certificate to respond to a customer service complaints are usually only good for the brand you complained about. But it sounds like yours is a more general certificate which also exists.

You don't earn points on to be my guest free today, but you would earn points on incidentals and it does count for stay credit.

I would absolutely choose the Conrad over any Hampton Inn, even given the location. But I like lower Manhattan so that's me.
Is this a recent change? My one experience did get me points. Booked the BAR for a standard room.

Last edited by squeakr; May 9, 2017 at 8:57 pm
Old May 9, 2017, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Just used a BMG at the Hilton Bentley over the weekend (received from a Hilton hotel complaint) and received not only straight points but triple points, my diamond bonus and 1k standard bonus. And have been receiving points (previously confirmed by diamond desk) on all previous BMG certs used.

Originally Posted by squeakr

You don't earn points on to be my guest free stay, but you would earn points on incidentals and it does count for stay credit.

Last edited by squeakr; May 9, 2017 at 8:58 pm
Old May 9, 2017, 8:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I'm just taking what the HH T and C's say

And they say no points. That's all I actually know.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:25 pm
jrx
Hilton Contributor Badge

I walked away with almost 11,000 points from my one and only use of a Be My Guest certificate last month. I felt the property exceeded what was required of them, as they went so far as to waive the parking and the resort fee, comp a full off-menu breakfast for three, and provide a >50% discount off dinner and drinks for three. While the terms and conditions may suggest that no points will be earned, the spirit of the Be My Guest is that a property somewhere failed to live up to standards and the property redeeming the certificate has an opportunity to delight the guest by exceed the standards. And indeed, I was completely satisfied.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:31 am

From a property's perspective, a Be My Guest certificate is basically a check for the room and tax paid for by Hilton. The way it is processed is the same as if you were to pay by check, and will most likely earn points and stay credit.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:59 am
Suspended

It's actually paid by the property that the complaint was filed against.

Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
From a property's perspective, a Be My Guest certificate is basically a check for the room and tax paid for by Hilton.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin
It's actually paid by the property that the complaint was filed against.
Eh, sort of. The property buys the certificate at a certain price, and if it's redeemed at a higher price Hilton pays the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.